Official emanage ultimate thread

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
red88turbo;1306966 said:
Does anyone have the greddy EMU up and fully running on a 7MGTE using all the features? I'm set on going with this as it looks like most of the bugs and wiring have been figured out by now, but still apprehensive. Would be nice if Greddy could update their website or at least provide the info they have publicly.

<----In the same boat and hoping to make a purchase in June. The ultimate looks like the way to go though.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
hey does anyone know the jumper settings for a 1jz with a 2jz ecu? i want to make sure my settings are right before i try to start it

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
86_sports_1jz;1398292 said:
hey does anyone know the jumper settings for a 1jz with a 2jz ecu? i want to make sure my settings are right before i try to start it

1JZ

Jumper=JP

JP1=OPEN
JP2=OPEN
JP3=OPEN
JP4=OPEN
JP5=OPEN
JP6=OPEN
JP7=1-2
JP8=2-3
JP9=OPEN
JP10=1-2
JP11=OPEN
JP12=OPEN
JP13=OPEN
JP14=OPEN
JP15=1-2
JP16=OPEN
JP17=1-2
JP18=OPEN
JP19=1-2
JP20=1-2

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Someone posted this in another forum, and I think I had the same issue. When using water and/or are intake input, you need to set the jumper opposite of what the manual says.

Set it up as a knock sensor reading (even though it's connected to a temperature sensor) and it will work.

You can then read water temperature from the stock sensor.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm about to install one for 7MGE, so I'll put up some more notes in the first post. After that, another one in a 1JZGTE but not for a few weeks.

I'm going to attempt to use a stock 7mgte boost sensor to replace the 7MGE AFM.

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
I plan on using the EMU on my supra and I think I got most of the wiring down...I have a 2jz NA-T setup that I will be using the 7m wiring harness with. I'm assuming I'd set the jumper settings for 7m settings, but I don't even know what those are. if someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, just checking if I will still need to make the circuit(I believe for ignition control?) Let me know, Thanks.

dunnbeetle

Dec 11, 2005
Bemidji, MN
www.myspace.com
Alright, here is how I have come to wire it up....have not tried it out yet as it is far feom ready...but let me know if there is anything wrong:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Still not sure about the jumper settings also.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
drjonez;1023021 said:
post up what you've managed to make the EMU do and on what engine....

I read through this thread and no one really posted anything regarding this. Just to bring back what drjonez said, post what you've managed to make the EMU do and on what engine...

twan

Supramania Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i was reading through the pinout for the emu and it says to cut air flow sensor wire to ecu and attach it to the white wire and then attach the green wire to the ecu end that was cut.
-------------------------------------edit-------------------------------------------
opps i guess i ment to ask which wire do i cut on the ecu for the map sensor? im running a aristo 91 2jz gte

Last edited:

4cefed

Aug 29, 2010
mt vernon oh
Im about to install ultimate on my 92 7mgte is the wiring on the first page right for a 7m? Does anyone have the settings I should have it on for a base tune? How big of injectors can I go with eman ult? Thanks

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
ok i had time to work on my supra alittle this weekend and i got the car running on the emanage but it runs horrible on the emanage. i'm getting some error messages saying "incorrect 6ch ignition input signal" and "incorrect 5ch ignition input signal". the incorrect 5 channel input signal isn't consistent like the incorrect 6 channel error, i always recieve the channel 6 error but the channel 5 pops up every other start up. i have no idea what that means maybe you might? also under the ignition tab, under the input CH drop down menu when i was getting those error codes i kept seeing 1,3, then 6 which is what i think i'm suppose to be seeing but then i would also see 1,2,3,6 or 1,2,3,4,6. its werid but it seems like i keep seeing different input channels. if you have any ideas what might be going on LMK, any info at this point will help.

thanks, toua

toddrs93

Aug 22, 2010
Hagerstown, MD
anybody made anymore progress with this? We just installed one on an 88 7MGTE.

Now before I get chastised for the whole set-up, let me say the car came in pieces with a ton of aftermarket parts already there, so while I would have liked to start simple, (stock injectors, stock air flow meter, etc.), the stock parts were gone and the aftermarket parts were tossed in the car, so we built it all out with what we had. It should also be noted this is my moms car lol.

The car is highly modded; built motor, T-51 turbo, wilson throttle body, mustang TPS, GM IAC, 750 injectors, external fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, lexus coil on plug, HKS DLI, etc. I have wired in everything I can to emanage, (rpm, tps, afm, vss, fuel injectors, etc.) except for timing as there is some questions on the coil/ignitor wiring. I figured it best to at least start with the stock ecu controlling the ignition signals anyway.

At the moment I have spark but no injector pulse, I am going to go back through all the wiring this week.