:::OFFICIAL CHI2K9 ITINERARY THREAD::: Aug 6-9, 2009

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Boost Lee;1232527 said:
Awesome! I'll be looking for you again this year!
I, on the other hand, Should actually be arriving in my own Supra. :biglaugh:

Jeff

Hows your build coming along anyways? Do you have a build thread or are you keeping it a secret?!?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
It's no secret, LOL.

Hardly a build anymore.
I'm just taking my sweet time since it's still too cold
to have the initiative to get anything done.
The car runs and all, just working out a couple last things with my oiling setup.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
*james*;1222951 said:
i hope i can make it this year depends if i get my supra and get it done before then. that would be a blast ive never been to a "big" supra meet!

i would really love to go but idk wouldnt you kinda be outta place not driving a supra or like me not even having one yet, i love the car to death and i want one but i just cant find one, does anyone ever have any for sale there?

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Count me in. I missed last year due to work. Not sure what days yet though. No big turbo, still stock NA.

Was at the Indy 08 meet that was cool. Would like to offer my respects for Nelson. Knew him only a few years at the meets, he will be missed.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
PCguylovesSupra;1236729 said:
Count me in. I missed last year due to work. Not sure what days yet though. No big turbo, still stock NA.

Was at the Indy 08 meet that was cool. Would like to offer my respects for Nelson. Knew him only a few years at the meets, he will be missed.

How have things been, Scooter?
Glad to see you still around. I loved having you at the Indy meet last year...
and whether it be at Indy2k9 or CHI2K9, I look forward to seeing you and your car again this year! :)

I know this is specifically info for CHICAGO 2009 Thread...
But with the region being specific for the most part to the same group of people, I am currently in the works for another Indy meet this year.

Although it's very stressful and a major headache at times, I enjoy doing it.

Until then (And until I start updating this thread with CHI2K9 info),
Be safe in this horrible Midwest winter weather...
Warm weather is just around the corner!

Jeff

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I can't wait for the meet this year, I'll probably be thinking that I've died and gone to Supra heaven :biglaugh:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Moy;1237333 said:
I can't wait for the meet this year, I'll probably be thinking that I've died and gone to Supra heaven :biglaugh:

No, No & No. We DON'T want Supra heaven!
That's...a large amount of dead/broken Supra's....

On that note, I'm sure we'll have some Suicidal Supra's, though. :biglaugh:

Actually...If this will be your first big meet...Yes, you'll be in for a serious treat. :)

Jeff

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Boost Lee;1237356 said:
No, No & No. We DON'T want Supra heaven!
That's...a large amount of dead/broken Supra's....

On that note, I'm sure we'll have some Suicidal Supra's, though. :biglaugh:

Actually...If this will be your first big meet...Yes, you'll be in for a serious treat. :)

Jeff

No no no, not dead/broken Supras, that's bad! Yes, it will be my first big meet, that's what I was implying when I said "supra heaven" :D

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
It has been awhile since I have been on, been working a lot of nights. Can't wait to go to the next meet and see everyone again.

Jeff I know you are in Indy, I live in the southwest corner of Michigan, I am only 1 1/2 hrs from Chi town. Not sure what I can do, but if there is anything I can help you with let me know. I will pm you my cell number.

On another note... this year I will have a GPS for Indy meet LOL!!!

Take care
Scooter

Boost Lee;1236915 said:
How have things been, Scooter?
Glad to see you still around. I loved having you at the Indy meet last year...
and whether it be at Indy2k9 or CHI2K9, I look forward to seeing you and your car again this year! :)

I know this is specifically info for CHICAGO 2009 Thread...
But with the region being specific for the most part to the same group of people, I am currently in the works for another Indy meet this year.

Although it's very stressful and a major headache at times, I enjoy doing it.

Until then (And until I start updating this thread with CHI2K9 info),
Be safe in this horrible Midwest winter weather...
Warm weather is just around the corner!

Jeff

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Ha! :biglaugh:

Well then I'm upset to admit that I've been saving up since last years meet to afford GPS units for evverryyyybody that comes to the meet!

:biglaugh:

Sorry last year was so much of a pain though.
They call Indy the Circle City (meaning it's easy to get around the city, literally),
But we cut straight through. That's a whole nother level of complex driving. ;)

PM replied to, Scoot.!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Marvin Pivaral;1262769 said:
where and when is this gonna be i dont mind driving from cali to chicago.

Yikes! You make that drive,
And you'll have a trophy waiting for you when you show up for longest distance driven! :biglaugh:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Boost Lee;1263309 said:
Yikes! You make that drive,
And you'll have a trophy waiting for you when you show up for longest distance driven! :biglaugh:

Jeff... I think that might be a way to entice more people from around the country to come down. Maybe even advertise it to some of the Canadians that are in the province(s) north of Minnesota and Michigan. That would be pretty cool to get people from around the country and other countries to the Chii Meet

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Don't worry, this year will be bad ass! make sure everyone who's coming out bring some extra panties!!!!

I have a thread up in SF, talking about chi2k9, A lot of people will be involved in this event and it will be a huge!! This will go down in history in memories of Nelson.

Be ready everyone

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Whoo, my engine build is done with stage 1, and the sup is back on the road. I hope Chicago is as fun as you guy are saying it will be ;)

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
92nsx;1263476 said:
Whoo, my engine build is done with stage 1, and the sup is back on the road. I hope Chicago is as fun as you guy are saying it will be ;)

How dare you question the epicness of Chi meets. I should ban you.
:biglaugh:
Yes, it's a lot of fun. I'm sure anyone that's been going to them can say they just keep growing and growing, and last years meet still gives me chills down my back thinking about it. ;)

Moy;1263315 said:
Jeff... I think that might be a way to entice more people from around the country to come down. Maybe even advertise it to some of the Canadians that are in the province(s) north of Minnesota and Michigan. That would be pretty cool to get people from around the country and other countries to the Chii Meet

Actually, I did this last year for the Indy meet for anyone that drove xxx amount of miles, Would be partially awarded/reimbursed for long distance travelers. :)