:::OFFICIAL CHI2K9 ITINERARY THREAD::: Aug 6-9, 2009

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
This will be my first meet also. I missed last year because my turbo seals gave out and oil got in the turbine. Took it apart and found that the internals are all shit materials. Took me 3 months to save up for a new t4 garrett gt35r. Drove it a while and now I put it back in the shop for it to be re-tuned because the car is still running on the old settings. I'm really looking forward to this.

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
i'm going to be there for sure. i quit my job just to be able to work on the supra this summer, hows that for dedication???:naughty: Only work for the summer is my fabrication shop i run out of my garage. Which reminds me, if anyone needs anything welded or parts made, shoot me a pm(support the supra fund lol). AND if anyone is interested in smaller meets before the big one, i live out in lake zurich, maybe we should set something up(in another thread?)

car is in pieces now, but i should have plenty of time to get it going by CHI2k9 My goal is actually to have her driving by june and have all the kinks worked out by the meet. i'll be bringing friends too (no supras but another 4-5 guys or so)

projects in progress/things to finish up:
-finish roll cage/paint (only need a bar behind the dash)
-install manual steering rack
-clean up head and install on block and drop motor in
-fab up intercooler piping and 4" exhaust
-and the hardest part...cleaning/fixing ALL the little odds and ends

sounds like you're doing a kick ass job figuring things out, but let me know if i can help in any way, i'd love to be a part of it. A friend of mine owns a screen printing shop, maybe t shirts or sweatshirts?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Awesome!!!! :)

Glad to see some activity here with new faces stepping up to the plate.

This meet is going to be HUGE this year...and I hope everybody gets their cars together and going in time, because this is one you will NOT want to miss.

Jeff

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
RIP Nelson. I only met him once at CHI2K7 but I remember him being a really nice guy. Even have my picture with him :
p1301901_1.jpg

I know some others are on here in this pic who else is?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Wow, that's awesome. Hey Jeff, we going to get a SM group photo again this year? That would be cool, would just have to find everybody and get them in one place, haha.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
We've been doing it at every big meet recently (Chi2k7, 8, Indy2k8, Kyana2k8, etc).

YES. We'll absolutely do another this year. :)

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Sweet, now I just have to hope that I'm able to get off of work for that week... my super is a tight ass and the other people that I work with with the same position hate to work extra hours... lazy ass high school kids...

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Actually I only get to work 3 days a week :(

Boy oh boy do I need another job... shooting for 600 wheel ponies by the time I'm done with my engine, and only making minimum wage at 14 hours a week... HA! Not gonna happen :biglaugh:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Boost Lee;1301948 said:
Oh man, that picture is full of faces you know here on the boards. :)

This is so strange because I know those SN's like crazy and may not have known that it was them at this time. I mean I remember knowning buckshot, suprahero, and db were there. I must not have had enough chance to talk to the rest.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
I won't be coming to Chi2k9, I just got laid off today. If, by then I find something, I will be there.

Will have to park the car and take insurance off. I hate this, summer is just starting. I am glad that I made Indy2k9.

Screw ESS, 13 years of service and I get this.

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Mike - I'm sort of bottling all the information up right now until everything is 100% completely laid out on the table.

At this point, it's not even so much at my discretion, but rather all of the other guys that are helping with the planning/organizing.

But I will say that you will not have to worry about booking a specific hotel reservation...
All of that will be supplied. All you'll be required to do is say, "I'll be there!" And, of course pay. :)

Chicago is not far away at ALL...So the full scoop will hopefully be available to the public eye in a very short period of time. :D

Jeff

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
just started ordering parts for lowering, this will be 100&#37; done by then. I will soooooooo be there...

BTW, i know i still owe you $10 :p