:::OFFICIAL CHI2K9 ITINERARY THREAD::: Aug 6-9, 2009

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
hoLy moTheR of thr3aD bumpZ!!!​

I've Updated the Original Post to your likings. :)

THE CHI2K9 PLANNING IS 100% OFFICIALLY IN THE MAKINGS....
BE THERE, OR BE SQUARE!
:aigo:

Jeff

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
WHOO!! Now that I have the dates I will put in the time off of work..

Since vegas is no more this year, maybe we can convince some of the west coast boy to make the trip.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
92nsx;1271247 said:
WHOO!! Now that I have the dates I will put in the time off of work..

Since vegas is no more this year, maybe we can convince some of the west coast boy to make the trip.

Well....We are going to be blowing up the word BIG TIME at Hot Import Nights this July for Chi2k9...So that's going to REALLY help a lot with advertisement.

Between fliers, Chicago Supra meet teaser vids (in progress), media coverage and radio commericals............It should be big. :)

92nsx: Official West Coast Group Organizer for Chi2k9. :biglaugh:

Jeff

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Boost Lee;1271254 said:
92nsx: Official West Coast Group Organizer for Chi2k9. :biglaugh:

Jeff

Sure, I will donate a CAUL- Takara Tomy, MK3 Supra model/ RC car. Fresh off the boat from hong kong, to the person that drives the farthest to get to chi2k9 ;)

The first one I ordered was "lost in the mail" and just showed yersterday after 6 months, lol. So I have a extra one I can donate:biglaugh:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Nice!

I actually got mine 3-4 months ago...It's already painted silver (like my car)...
Even has a black whaletail, too...
(Okay...So maybe I can just pretend it's a whaletail.) :biglaugh:

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Alright guys, Chi2k9 is just around the corner! we need to start getting our cars ready cause this is going to be HUGE event this year!!
All the dates and events will all be set in APRIL So get your cars ready people.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
fonz87;1273019 said:
Alright guys, Chi2k9 is just around the corner! we need to start getting our cars ready cause this is going to be HUGE event this year!!
All the dates and events will all be set in APRIL So get your cars ready people.

Amen to that, brotha!
It will be nice to actually have my car there this year. :) (Hopefully)

Jeff

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I wanna go to this event! I'm one of those guys that will probley be cutting there build thread short :) If I do have it done count me in on some drag racin. If not i'll be there rockin the toyota 4runner

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
JMofIRW;1279505 said:
I have a quick question, the raceway is in WI, about 4 hours from Chicago?
Google maps shows it around 60 miles away, depending on which side of Chicago you are on

Some questions for anyone: Where is every one staying? (for the ones driving from a distance). Is there a member with a huge house taking in cars and owners? Hotel, if so where and witch one. Where about is most of the action happening, North Chicago, DT Chicago, West of Chicago I'm starting to look around and dont want to book something that is hours drive away . Boost lee, any discounts that you have called around about yet?

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Guys,
Great Lakes Dragway (Union Grove, WI) is about an hour from Chicago-land area.
A majority of the meet is based around westside or west of Chicago.

As for hotel information, we're still waiting final details on our "hook-up"
So if I were you, I wouldn't bother booking any hotels.
Every year, we always have a *NICE* big hotel that just about everybody stays at.
You walk in and say "I'm with the Supra group", :biglaugh:

Within the next couple weeks is where just about everything will be set in stone for the most part...so I'll be sure to bring it to the table once everything is decided. :)

Jeff

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Depending on how many people are staying at the hotel (and my work schedule as well), I might just go and stay there for the hell of it lol. I'm about 15 minutes from GLD and about an hour from downtown.

mkivdreamin

Drechsla
Jun 5, 2007
roselle, illinois
in all the past chicago events ive been to, a lot of the events take place in the schaumburg area but as of late a lot of the MKIV guys have been doing a lot in the downers grove area. Most of the cruises end up going downtown or up to villa park at some point or another so i would say look at hotels in schaumburg it will give you a pretty centralized location as you can hit most major chicagoland expressways relatively quick from there just my .02

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
mkivdreamin;1293812 said:
in all the past chicago events ive been to, a lot of the events take place in the schaumburg area but as of late a lot of the MKIV guys have been doing a lot in the downers grove area. Most of the cruises end up going downtown or up to villa park at some point or another so i would say look at hotels in schaumburg it will give you a pretty centralized location as you can hit most major chicagoland expressways relatively quick from there just my .02

Thanks for the heads up...but we've actually got a pretty large team of guys having just about everything wrapped up.

Things will be much different for Chicago this year...
But again, I'll be updating this thread fairly soon with the finer details.

:)

Jeff

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
illmatic357;1294204 said:
are sc's welcome my supras long gone

You better believe it!! :icon_bigg
Bring it on out. You may be surprised how many SC guys attend the Chicago meets.
This meet is going to be much more open to other car communities as opposed to meets in the past that were generally Supra specific.

I'm currently over in Ohio right now with some family...
(No, not Korean family, Matt)...:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Happy Easter!

Jeff

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
milisakeracing;1294758 said:
I missed this last year due to my project not being complete in time but we are planning on attending this year's event. Will be our first Chicago event!

Awesome!! :)

Who (or what) else is planning to make the trip with you?

Jeff