:::OFFICIAL CHI2K9 ITINERARY THREAD::: Aug 6-9, 2009

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I will not be able to make it today, unfortunately. I have to work. I had to switch up days with coworkers to be able to make it to this event. One took Fri/Sat, so I'm taking her Sun/Mon. Sorry guys.

It was great to finally put faces to some of the names on here

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Yeah,too early for me to make it back down there,ended up driving all the way to Appleton,WI to chill last night/today.
Gonna try to make it down to the BBQ later though.
Nice to meet the few that did make it out to GLD yesterday.

montego6500

Apr 25, 2007
Burlington, Wisconsin, United States
well after my shitty day of running and not gettin over ten psi. i went to 25 and fuelcut not what i call a happy medium. so that ended my day. thanks to the friends i had at the track moy, johnathan and the others for all ur help.

today i tore apart the waste gate to find that the adjuster i had made was stuck almost all the way compressed. i took it out and put everything back together and bam evc6 worked perfectly . without evc 7.8 psi with 13 psi just like i wanted yesterday. why cant things go good at the track. anyhow hope to see more of you all at 2k10

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
WOW what a bust today. Drove all over Chi town trying to find the supra crowd. Did manage to see Steve N and his son Steve. Wish I could have been there Friday and Saturday and seen everyone again.

Scott

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Scott, I'm sorry Sunday didn't end up working out like everyone expected. :(

I mentioned it on Supraforums, and I'll mention it here...

This year was really going to be the rebuilding year for Annual Chicago meets.
After having a big change in organizing leadership/volunteer help, this meet became very difficult to work with - the weather certainly didn't help the siutation.

For the Drag/Dyno days on Friday and Saturday, both of these days were strongly effected by the rain...of course with that, we have no control over.
Sunday, however - Well, to say the least, plans backfired at near-last minute and the "new" organizer tried to throw something in there that was more eventful than sitting around doing nothing (Sunday was like 93+ degrees, and heat index was out the roof!)

With that said, I want to thank everyone that came out...
because as you know, a Supra meet is nothing without the community,
which we have a lot of - So hold that thought until CHI2K10 next year and I assure you,
it will be more action-packed than this year (as long as weather doesn't ruin it).

Pictures...Videos....Ready, Go! :)

Jeff

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
I made it out to Ill garage yesterday,but got there late due to driving through a storm,and a couple bad wrecks on the highway in Milwaukee,(and changing a rear timing cover gasket in advance' parking lot due to a BAD oil leak starting up in Green Bay sat night)
Was hoping to see a couple Supra people in Villa park,but didn't see any.
Oh well,hope next year there's a better turnout/weather cooperates.
It was nice to meet the handful of people that I did get to meet.
Someone PM me next time there's an Indy meet,I'd be down to drive down there.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
I was there at Villa Park for about an hour. Left around 2pm, just to damn hot. Sorry I missed you.

toy fanatic78;1382979 said:
I made it out to Ill garage yesterday,but got there late due to driving through a storm,and a couple bad wrecks on the highway in Milwaukee,(and changing a rear timing cover gasket in advance' parking lot due to a BAD oil leak starting up in Green Bay sat night)
Was hoping to see a couple Supra people in Villa park,but didn't see any.
Oh well,hope next year there's a better turnout/weather cooperates.
It was nice to meet the handful of people that I did get to meet.
Someone PM me next time there's an Indy meet,I'd be down to drive down there.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
Big thanks out to Jeff for making the most out of it all. It didn't go the way we wanted it too, but now we know what we want and need for 2010 meet. Weather aside, i had a blast at the track and the dyno. Thanks also to Adrian for more of the planning as well. Im bummed I couldn't get more of the lexus crowd to show, but there's next year. We'll be ready then!!

Post links for the vids and pics when you get the chance.

EDIT: NO TRAVIS FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!

Last edited:

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
we did the best that we could .... it was just hard to plan everything on the fly because there seemed like there wasn't any organization...... like jeff said this was a rebuilding year... hopefully next year it will be as good as it was with nelson as the leader....

Well jeff i say we start thinking about how to make Indy2k10 bigger and badder than ever......

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I'll be helping with the organizing for CHI2K10 this coming year to fulfill the dream that Nelson carried on...

But I'm glad to say my [personal] and big focus is going to INDY2K10. :)

Jeff

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
Boost Lee;1383412 said:
I'll be helping with the organizing for CHI2K10 this coming year to fulfill the dream that Nelson carried on...

But I'm glad to say my [personal] and big focus is going to INDY2K10. :)

Jeff

First things first though: get that car moving on some boost!

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
Jeff, call me sometime. I am thinking about reviving the MR2 fall foliage tour.... I used to have an annual MR2 meet when I lived in Bloomington with a "spirited drive" through the backroads and woods, hanging out in brown county. With enough people it could be expanded to include all toyotas and into a 2 day event with some other stuff in Indy.
Call me this weekend, I should have my 2 back then too!