Numba1Stuna's 1990 7M-GTE Complete rebuild thread

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I've torqued everything I needed to already, exhaust manifold to 29ft lbs but i think i should have gone to 30 or 31 but everyone said to stick with oem spec.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Finally discovered what size head gasket I need. I need one with a thickness of at least 2.4mm. Started a parts thread to help fund the rest of the project. I've got close to 50 items for sale so feel free to check it out everyone before the goodies are gone!

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Received my Holy Grail in the mail today! Need to take my block back to the machine shop and have them match the timing cover and check the RA finish.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Took my head in to get it resurfaced again today, get a better surface on it and cleaner RA finish for my metal MHG. Still got to run this block out there and have them match the timing cover to the head.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Yeah, as soon as I pick up the head from the machine shop I'll post new pics of it. Getting close...

Last edited:

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
y2eteju9.jpg
asubedud.jpg
ze2y2u7u.jpg

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Been a while since this guy got updated. Finally got the front timing cover back from the machine shop. Picked up an 88 Supra since the last update as well. So that makes three now... I got a lot done today. Hit up Jalopy Jungle with a friend today, picked up a missing visor for my 88. Also picked up a new spoiler, it's white, but I'm repainting it and it looks great on the Supra. I'll post pics when I'm done with it.

Also got my timing cover gasket in today and put on the rear timing cover.
u8a7ary2.jpg

The head went from this:
adu8ete4.jpg

To this:
eme7adud.jpg

Then I went and sat her on top of the block... I've still got to go buy a MHG. Found one for $180...
9ebegebe.jpg

After I get the spoiler finished and on the 88, my next plans are mostly cosmetic :) I've got new Diamond plate floor mats for it that I need to put in. I also want to tint the windows, tint the taillights, and throw some nice black rims on it that I found online.

Sent from my G2X

Sent from my G2X

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Yeah, got to get a MHG because the head and block were machined, and they only have MHG in the size I need. That's gonna set me back close to $200, lol. I already got my ARP head studs though from another member on here.

Sent from my G2X