Notorious M.K.3.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I assume the only lines that won't be like that are the upper and lower radiator hose because of the engine movement.

I have those same mounts and they are great and minimize movement.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can get a mirror polished stainless one as well .. I think its a Lipp from Driftmotion if I recall.
I think that retrospec was making them in CF.. but they may not be in good standing with the forums at present.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Hard lines don't burn up with heat round the turbo. If you have ever had a coolant line break near the turbo you know wht it's like. Also oil fires because of a return line cracking do to heat, because it's near the collector is not fun at all.

The wastegates are water cooled also, so having all those lines made with hose makes for a mess under the engine bay. That is the main reason why we built his coolant plumbing this way. No mess, reliable. That is what we are aiming for in his build.

It allows us to make the lines look neat and put lines where hoses would just burn up do to heat. I've seen fire sleeved hoses get brittle over time and leak. Not fun. And it makes one pissed off customer when he is stuck on the side of the highway do to a 5 dollar a foot hose.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Rodel, just had a question about the width of your rear wing as I remember you saying voltes were custom making the blade for you. Just wondering how wide you went with it?

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
soapra;1837780 said:
Hard lines don't burn up with heat round the turbo. If you have ever had a coolant line break near the turbo you know wht it's like. Also oil fires because of a return line cracking do to heat, because it's near the collector is not fun at all.

The wastegates are water cooled also, so having all those lines made with hose makes for a mess under the engine bay. That is the main reason why we built his coolant plumbing this way. No mess, reliable. That is what we are aiming for in his build.

It allows us to make the lines look neat and put lines where hoses would just burn up do to heat. I've seen fire sleeved hoses get brittle over time and leak. Not fun. And it makes one pissed off customer when he is stuck on the side of the highway do to a 5 dollar a foot hose.

Thanks for the reply. Nice neat form & function. Once again Rodel and you are raising the bar for others to follow.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
rodel;1837250 said:
Intercooler block-off plate by Carbon Fibre FX. The company doesn't exist anymore. You could buy a LIPP brand.

Cheers thanks for that. Though I was just reading an older post with this car for sale?