NorCal Supras!

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Insomnia;1611829 said:
Still working on it. I'm taking my time since I don't feel like buying any more hoses than I have to. The downpipe was a pain in the butt to get off, but after spending $40 at harbor freight for an armload of tools I finally got it off. Probably have the head off tonight and will be putting it all back together tomorrow......hopefully.

get her ready for dyno day...in modesto at daft innovations...

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
I'll probably be gone. I have to go back on the road on Friday. Didn't get the head off last night, but I worked on it til it got dark. I was having some issues with hard to reach bolts namely on the turbo mani. Just need to take off the turbo and the water pump and I can pull the head. I'm gonna do the timing belt as well so it's gonna be a while. Might have to stay til Saturday to wrap it up. I haven't had a day off in 2 months so I've been sleeping in most days and it sucks to start working on it at noon.

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
Finally got everything but the head off and went to loosen those bolts. What? Why is this socket spinning? It's the same size as my ARP bolts.

*gets out flashlight and looks closer*

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU who's great idea was this? It's too late to go to Autozone or harbor freight.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Anyone know of any good machine shops? Im in salinas/monterey bay area and can drive like 90 or so miles from here.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
valley balancing in ceres and stockton....

heres the ceres location

Valley Balancing & Auto Machine at 1900 Herndon Rd, Ceres, CA 95307.

3.0trd

Jun 13, 2008
Tracy
I'm more cen cal I guess, rollin around Tracy. its nice to be right in the middle! anyway, just wanted to say hey to you guys, any of you been to toyotafest yet?