NorCal Supras!

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
Got most of my parts in the mail. Head gasket kit, water pump, timing belt component kit, ARP head bolts, and picked up some extra tools and a torque wrench. I still need to get all new accessory belts and some heater hoses since mine are FUBAR.

The a/c was going out in the rig so i'm home for a few days to get it fixed. Might tear some of the easy stuff off while i'm here, but i'm not feeling that motivated.

My other car needs to get smogged and I have a new cat and a stock exhaust to put back on. It came with dual exhaust (FC RX-7) and I swapped to a single exit since my OEM one rusted out, but it's too loud with its N1 style can.

I'll probably post again when I get home if anyone wants to stop by and shoot the shit or help turn a wrench. If you come by to help burgers or pizza is on me.

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
iMike_G.;1586645 said:
rob where the hell have you been man?

Out on the road, mostly. I haven't had car I could legally drive on the street for the last few weeks so I've been sitting at home if not working. The 7 failed smog twice and I was rolling around with expired tags for a few days. I just got a Bonez hi-flo and am gonna get that welded on tomorrow. Then smog it.

I might be fixing the Supra this weekend as long as I get the rest of the heater hoses and belts in from Toyota tomorrow. I'll just be buying belts from autozone or rock auto from now on. EXPENSIVE is all I have to say.

How's the car search coming along?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Insomnia;1586872 said:
Out on the road, mostly. I haven't had car I could legally drive on the street for the last few weeks so I've been sitting at home if not working. The 7 failed smog twice and I was rolling around with expired tags for a few days. I just got a Bonez hi-flo and am gonna get that welded on tomorrow. Then smog it.

I might be fixing the Supra this weekend as long as I get the rest of the heater hoses and belts in from Toyota tomorrow. I'll just be buying belts from autozone or rock auto from now on. EXPENSIVE is all I have to say.

How's the car search coming along?

just got 2 napa or get them from driftmotion...

Clskinny

Dec 19, 2005
Cali
Team shit box is looking for a set of rear spindles. The wheel bearings don't have to be new and perfect but not trashed would be ideal. We are at thunderhill raceway and the tubby pink girl is on jack stands. Call or text 626 808-5627 if you have a set that can be purchased today. Also if you know of any wrecking yards near Willows/Chico CA that would be helpful also

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Insomnia;1610925 said:
If anybody is bored and wants to hang hit me up at 209 606 8449. Text is fastest. I'm tearing off the head right now.

shit i just left modesto ill txt you next time im out there....

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Ccdrosos;1610732 said:
Are any of you guys n humboldt county?
As far as I know there is me and one or two other supras here.

lol thats way norcal im in merced...

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
Still working on it. I'm taking my time since I don't feel like buying any more hoses than I have to. The downpipe was a pain in the butt to get off, but after spending $40 at harbor freight for an armload of tools I finally got it off. Probably have the head off tonight and will be putting it all back together tomorrow......hopefully.