new suspension parts

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
Hi guys & gals,
Is there demand for spacers for suspension subframe?.I am making making a polyurethane versions and also in the making are polyurethane bushings for front sub-frame mounts.
The rear subframe mounts will take longer to make becaucse it is more complicated.
Thanks,
Ronnie.

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
I know,some of these parts are hard to find and too expensive,now that the ma70 supras are 20 years old.
I also have other products on my lists of things to do,like radiator mounts.I also had my protoype polyurethane transmisson mount on my supra for a year now and have had no problems at all.
Ronnie.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Hi guys,

Ronnie asked me to post pics of the new bushings he made.
These bushings are the suspension cushion for sub-frame mounts.The red polyurethane is harder than black one and the polyurethane is chemically bonded to the steel.

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
IIRC, the front subframe is bolted directly to the unibody with no isolators used there.
The rear has isolators, and this would be a great alternative to alluminum or steel ones. (I agree that the metal ones would be better for racing, but pretty dang harsh on the road I'd think noise wise.)

How much?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Adjuster said:
IIRC, the front subframe is bolted directly to the unibody with no isolators used there...

nope, there are supposed to isolators/cushions on the front:

MBK349F.gif

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
The cushions I make are polyurethane chemically bonded to a steel back-plate.I have to calculate price for steel plate to be able to give you a final price.