New Daily Driver.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Well I love the truck but it sucks as a daily driver, so a guy I know was moving and getting rid of this for how much he payed for the wheels and tires so I picked it up :icon_bigg

p531171_1.jpg

p531171_2.jpg

p531171_3.jpg

p531171_4.jpg

p531171_5.jpg

p531171_6.jpg

It's an 86.5 Hardtop, 5speed. Its got aftermarket 17s on it, custom exhuast, lame steering wheel and shift knob (those are getting changed soon, probably to stock, or maybe I'll put my Momo wheel in it) The body is in really great shape. The plan is to swap suspensions with my car, then drive this one well I fix my car and do a proper build up on it.

Only thing it needs is a new tranny, I guess it only has 1st gear :icon_conf I am going to the wreckers on friday and hopefully finding a w58 for cheap.

I may also be going NA-t on it in the spring, but I haven't completly decided if I'm going to yet or not. I may just leave it NA and then once my car is back on the road swap a 1J into this one.

It'll also be getting some 89+ parts as soon as I can find them :biglaugh:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i am under the conclusion that my car has some sort of 89+ suspension, because my car has half that gap on stock with 16s. with all good workign struts. iunno. nice find man!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
The car also looks alot higher in some pictures because of where it's sitting in my driveway. It bumps up there sort of. I'll get som pics once it's parked infront of the truck.

I know me owning a Supra without sawblades is weird, but I think I'm going to leave them on it :runaway: it'll look alot better once I get the H&Rs into it.

p531214_1.jpg

p531214_2.jpg

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
The interior is pretty grubby, maybe after I clean it out I'll take some. It's just grey cloth, with the console taken apart because he took the stereo out.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Very nice Loki, Im glad to see you are going with the owning more than one Supra trend. Whatever you payed for it, it will pay for itself in the amount of gas you are saving from driving the truck....:icon_razz

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I'm just really happy that I'll get to drive a Supra again, even if it is only a non turbo. I haven't even actually payed for the car yet. He told me I can keep it at my house till I have the money because he's moving and it was either this or scrap it.

Hopefully have some more pics of it soon with the H&Rs and Tokicos in it, I'm also going to fix how the muffler is mounted. I don't like how it points down. Also hoping to pick up some '89+ parts soon for it and a tranny so I can actually drive it.

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
I like it! I want a pre-89 next and I haven't even got my 89 running yet. Looks good and sounds like you got a steal!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
kwnate said:
DAMN! Now you can go wheeling in the supra instead of the truck! Put a motor in there and it'll sit lower :biglaugh:

It has a motor :thefinger the fender gap with be taken care of soon enough.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
eh... as long as it gets you from A to B, I suppose. :)

it definately isn't pretty but a daily driver doesn't have to be. I'd probably want the stock quiet exhaust though.

At least it doesn't have sawblades.