New Carbon Lineup @ Extreme Dimensions

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
Did anyone notice the new, Hood, Hatch, and Headlam Covers offered at Extreme Dimensions? Although pointless to have a cf hatch unless for show, I kinda dig the hood they made, and totally loving the headlamp covers. Anyone bought any CF from them in the past? Good Quality?

Zer0

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Juan JZ was selling a ED CF Hatch:

8yi0w5.jpg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
damn, that hatch is actually pretty nice. its a shame that it doesn't really reduce much weight compared with stock though (assuming a glass window is used)

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
I'm going to guess by what i've asked of friends and that hatch pic there, that ED is actually pretty good quality. I am so glad someone makes headlite covers again, and I have called and asked, and yes when combining the HL covers and either hoods, the carbon weave is flowing same direction as to match up, which to me screams product quality and care for attention to small details. I still say that they need to make CF grille duct replacements for the upper grilles.

Zer0

EDIT: Where would one get a lexan rear windshield made btw? What kind of shop would i be looking for? Thanks

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
Zer0DeGreeZ;1371525 said:

Zer0

EDIT: Where would one get a lexan rear windshield made btw? What kind of shop would i be looking for? Thanks

you could go to a glaiser,same people that do house window's.

people keep talking about the weight of the backglass:3d_frown:most backglasses(tempered) are very light,when compared to a windsheild.some older volvo's and mercedes had laminated backglasses,which were a little heavier for there size.about the only tempered backglasses that i would say are heavy ,be some vette's amd camaro/firebird.
just my .02$,seeing i set these thing's all day for many year's.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
sethron71;1371738 said:
Lexan over stock is only like a 12lb advantage not worth it for the money. No idea how much the stock hatch weighs verse carbon though.

Seth

12lbs? And how much do you save from the hatch? 20lbs? Where is the hidden weight then?

guido

May 18, 2008
france
does someone know their web site??
it will be very interesting to know if they could do the same for mk2
even if the weight reduction is poor,your problem on mk2 is rust and availabilitie of free rust hatch

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
sethron71;1371738 said:
Lexan over stock is only like a 12lb advantage not worth it for the money. No idea how much the stock hatch weighs verse carbon though.

Seth
i don't think it's worth it either.replacing a 3/16" piece of tempered glass with 3/16" lexan will look awful.it would be very noticable,even if the stock moulding's were used.i can see if it's just a stripped down drag car,but not a street car.

i hope people aren't confusing plexi with lexan either.