New 7M Build....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It is really funny. People who don't like the 7M, especially the kids in Queens, just don't know how to build it. You can't really make any mistakes. It is funny to see their faces when they hear, "No man, 7M." "7M No Shit."

Think Of The 7M As A Vagina That Has Never Been Touched, You Make One Slip Up And All Hell Breaks Loose.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ITs all in the tuning, The stock ecu when using piggybacks and such, it just advances timing too much. And when you start trying to make big power by altering the afm signal, thats where trouble happens,

I really would like to see you go with a nice standalone, Aem or such and really push and see what this built motor can do. Its gonna be fun to have a 500rwhp 7m roaming the streets of queens lol

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Piggyback? LOL! That word is not in my vocabulary. AEM is already in the works. Just need to get these parts shipped to me. Already placed the order for the radiator and oil relocation parts.

I am going to keep my car low key. Shoots, I might just even keep the stock sawbalded and install them backwards just to give an ulimate sleeper look. Something to make you think I have a greasy mud drenched 7M under my hood.....well.....until my external wastegate that is open by the way, opens up and lets you know a thing or two. :)

Was at the runs the other night and Mikey's MKIV's Supra "broke.' He was supposed to run a Conquest with a 2J but his car "broke." I doubt that, he is probably coming with nitrous when they are going to run, maybe this or next weekend.

I am going to make my license plate, on purpose, 7M BHG if it is not taken or 1JZ LMAO.

Sure to piss some people off here in Queens. Just if anyone ask, say I am running a stock CT at 20 pounds.....:-/

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Do you guys know where I should set the controller for my electric fans? It turns off at ten degrees cooler. Example, set at 180F degrees and it turns on at 180F and off at 170F.

The 7M-GTE runs at 180F degree thermostat, so should I set it to 185F or 190F? Thanks

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
you can leave it at 185, as long as the running temp is above 160* i think it is, the ecu will be happy, if its below, the ecu changes fuel and timing to still try and warm the motor up so leaving itat 185* bro.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Sawblades are meant to be installed one way, just move them to the other side. LOL! Search and you will see. What happened to your Supra? You hit it, I saw when you were looking for front parts.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Does anyone know why SupraSport's phone is not working? I want to place an order with them for a good amount of things but the last time I ordered, they took a while to ship out my parts.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I've read of a number of people having trouble contacting suprasport from time to time.
What are you trying to buy?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Heat wrap and a custom oil cooling hose, one that came with their kit, but just longer. They make custom lines. They have silicone radiator hoses for the 7MGTE, which I have not found anywhere else.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IBoughtASupra;1499920 said:
Heat wrap and a custom oil cooling hose, one that came with their kit, but just longer. They make custom lines. They have silicone radiator hoses for the 7MGTE, which I have not found anywhere else.

Driftmotion has silicone coolant hoses for the 7m...

As far as the oil line...jegs.com is your friend....unless an fittings confuse you in which case any of us here could help you with that:)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
gaboonviper85;1499935 said:
Driftmotion has silicone coolant hoses for the 7m...

As far as the oil line...jegs.com is your friend....unless an fittings confuse you in which case any of us here could help you with that:)

Called Aaron and he said they are out of stock for another two weeks. I just ordered parts from Aaron, a Beech Oil relocation kit, full length clutch line and the Lokar dipstick. Supra Sport has the radiator hoses in stock.

If you can tell me the fittings that I need to make this line, then I will pick it up at my local Speed Shop.

Here is the link,http://www.suprasport.com/Turbo-install-breakdown_p_481.html

The line is number six on the drop down menu, the oil return line. One side is a female and the other side is a male with 1/2" thread.

That is the main reason I want to order from them, since they make the custom hoses and I can have them make that one for me since I bought their eight inch one and it is ouch two inches short, so it is touching the manifold.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Duplicolor, "Super Red" Is What I Believed The Color Was. There are different shades. That black is "Gloss Black."

It is the engine paint. Make sure you get the engine paint so it won't flake when heat starts to take a toll on it. If you can, sand a little bit with some light sand paper and then primer it. Any color primer, I used gray, and then put the paint. Just take your time and do it right and it won't flake. If you rush and just wash with break cleaner, it won't get you a look that you like.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Still waiting on the radiator to get here from Grimsta.

I got my full Stainless Steel DriftMotion Clutch Hose today and still waiting on the Beech Performance Oil Dipstick and Oil Fliter Relocation kit.

Pictures This Weekend As I Have Some Time To Work On The Car.

Where do you guys think I can get a good sandblaster? A small on to do a few intake manifolds like the size of the 7M's.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Does anyone know how I can replace the hose that runs from the Idle Air Control Valve to the intake on the turbo? I would like to use stainless steel hoses but the size I have to use does not take to well to bend and the right angle bends are highly priced.

Any suggestions?

Finally got my DriftMotion Stainless Steel Clutch Hose, But It Is Too Cold TO Install It Outside.

I am still waiting on my SupraSport shipment with my Thermo-Tec heat wrap and turbo blanket as well as the radiator from Grimsta with the electric fans and the Beech Oil Dip Stick and Oil Filter Relocation Kit.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I got my Lokar Custom Dipstick and Beech Oil Filter Relocation Kit. Also recieved a box of parts, mostly of heat protection, from SupraSport. My radiator should be coming from Grimsta on Monday and we have off from school Friday and the following Monday, so I plan on getting a good amount of work done. I have to figure out how to hook up my electric fans the right way, with a thermostatic switch.

If anyone has a NA Power Steering Resevoir for sale, let me know.

Pictures Tomorrow. I will have some time to take a few good ones.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Here is a new update guys. The shop has been busy, so that is we have no had time to work on my Supra. I finally got time this weekend to install the piping and intercooler and keep the bumper support, which was the last major thing to do before all the little small things before the first start up.

Here are a few pictures...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Next up....
-Relocate Oil Cooler
-Install Lokar Dipstick
-Install Catch Can
-Install Aluminum Radiator With Electric Fans And Silicone Hoses
-Install Idle/Air Stainless Steel Line To Intake Piping
-Change Oil With New Oil Filter
-Block Off Unused Vacuum

1) How Did You Guys Mount Your Areomotive Fuel Pressure Regulator? I Don't Like How I Have It Mounted Currently By The Strut Tower.

2) Any Ideal On How To Block Off The Vacuum On The End Of The Manifold That Is By The Alternator. It Is Pretty Big Vacuum Nipple That I Am Not Going To Be Using And I Am Not A Fan Of Rubber Block Offs.

3) Any Ideals On How I Would Make The Line For The Idle Air Control Valve That Runs Over The Valve Covers? -AN Push Lock Fittings And Hoses Would Be Kind Of Expensive.

Pictures Were Taken By My IPhone 3G. The Engine Bay Looks Really Good. Everything Is Loomed On The New Engine Harness. I Took Off Toyota's Grey Loom In Certain Places And Put My Own Black One To Keep The Theme Of My Car. I Am Going To Get Some Better Pictures With My Other Camera.

The Vacuum Lines Going To The Areomotive Fuel Pressure Regulator Were Just Used To Start The Car Up To Check For Noises.

Last edited: