New 7M Build....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE:

Parts were all shipped from DriftMotion on Thursday and Friday. They had to get the turbo and 7M manifolds in. The parts should be arriving Thursday and Friday. Six boxes of parts. :) When they arrive, I'll be sure to post pictures but teasers until they go on the engine which will be next Friday, Saturday and Sunday night since I won' do anything until then due to papers. 5/1-5/3....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE: 4/29/09

Parts From DriftMotion Will Be Here Tomorrow, 4/30/09 and 5/01/09. I Am Going To Take A Lot Of Pictures. Six Box Of Parts....A Lot To Enjoy.

Here Are A Few Pictures Of The Intake That I Did While Waiting For Parts....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Can't Wait Until Tomorrow But I Have Class Until 3:15PM! :(

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
No, No, No, I Have Probe And Eagle Rods In There With .20 Over. :). Crank Was Cut. New Oil Pump And Water Pump. The AZ Performance Oil Line For The Oil Pump. I Need The Good Lubrication. :). Parts Arrived Today, Pictures Tonight And Fun This Weekend.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE

I bought the DriftMotion turbo kit for the 7M. I called and asked about the kit and Aaron said he can put one together.

Ok, so I got all the parts and now I am having problems....

Two Major Problem All Cause Of The Manifold!

-The Cylinder One Pipe Is Welded To Low And Hits The Oil Filter Housing
****FIXED BY GRINDING THE HOUSING DOWN.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

-The Cylinder One Pipe Again Is How Touching The Oil Return Flange. When I Try To Screw In The Fitting In, It Is Touching The Manifold.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

****Tried****
-Bolting The Flange On With Manifold But Cannot Screw In Fitting.

-Tried Removing Manifold And Putting On The Flange With The Fitting But When Outting On The Manifold, It Does Not Sit Properly.(Suggested By Arron.)

-I Am Using The Fitting And Flanges Arron Said That Were Supposed To Be Used For This Area.

I Am Very Pissed Of Because I Know This Is A Budget Kit But I Did Not Expect Fitting Problems. I Don't Want To Return The Kit But By The Looks Of....:nono:

I Asked Aaron If This Was His "Personal Cell" And If I Can Call This Number On The Weekend To Ask Questions. He Said "Yes," But It Turned Out To Be OtherWise....:nono:

HELP!

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
wow! lookin good!

Aaron is a very good guy, just busy.... i guess you could say. he will come through in the end. i know waiting sucks as i waited a bit for something but he came through for me and will do the same for you :] good things come to those who wait.

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
I feel for you and many can agree that when parts were developed for this car, No thought was done or no one cared enough to test fit. especially with the mani. Seems like quick measurements were done and no prototype and they said fuck it, time to make money. it's really sad when you buy a part for the car and it doesn't fit. and not only that, you then need a riser and reclock the wastegate flange. that's almost pathetic.

It's nice to see you resolved those issues and hope you finish with them.

And I must say you did one hell of a job cleaning and painting the motor. And doing everything right. good luck and looking forward to seeing your setup.

I love 7m builds. :icon_bigg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, I now have a guy cutting and welding cylinder one pipe on the exhaust manifold. He will be moving it more towards the top. It should be done by Wednesday but he said if he finishes it before then, he will give me a call.

Until then, I just got the R154 and bought a Flywheel. Does anyone know about ClutchMasters clutches? I got a new one from the guy I bought my Supra from...

I will keep updating it with pictures when I do new things. Thanks for the respect on cleaning the block. I used a wire brush wheel and a grinder to clean all of the parts. The intake was sandblasted and then hand sanded to get it smooth for paint. I am using engine paint from a machine shop that they use on their blocks and heads. It is able to withstand high temperatures really well.

I know, I hate the fact that DriftMotion is not test fitting these manifold. Instead, they are just buying them and selling them to good customers like us. :nono:

Thanks, Andy.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
O, I don't know anyone by Russ. What Supra you have? Until them, anyone have a AEM for sale with a plug an play harness for a 88 MKIII? :)

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
IBoughtASupra;1312943 said:
Any suggestions on what engine mangament I should run? I plan on keeping the stock injectors for now. What about the EManage Ultimate?

what are your goals power level wise for the car? doesnt make sense to run a standalone for only 400hp u know, so what kind of power are you expecting to get from the car?