New 7M Build....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Update.

The weather has not been to good up here in New York and then I have school too. So, tomorrow, Friday, I will have class until 6:00PM and it is going to rain as well. I will work on the car on Saturday and plan to...

-Relocate the oil cooler
-Install my aluminum radiator and silicone hoses
-Change Oil
-Refill anti-freeze
-Cap off open and unused vacuums
-Hopefully, start and see how it runs

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
So I finished my intercooler piping now and started the car up. Pictures tomorrow.

I currently have two problems...

-Code 24
-Code 51

I know what both codes are. I have a code 51 which is the TPS but I did not touch the sensor. My throttle linkage is not working properly and is holding the throttle body plate open. When I start the car, it revs to about 2200. I know it is not the idle control valve because the car did idle for a while at around the 500RPM mark which is kind of low but as soon as I gave it a rev, it did not want to drop down all the way. So I am going to disconnect the linkage and check the codes to see if Code 51 will go away.

Code 24 is the AFM. I used brake cleaner on a cloth just to clean the housing. I did not touch the pole on the sensor or sprayed it directly. I am not sure if I am using the Ohm meter right. I set it to 2000 on the dial and when I touch the pins, I get no reading. I can test volts without a problem. Here is the Multimeter I am using, http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...&group_ID=1367&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

What should be the readings for the resistance for the AFM?

I know I don't have any wiring problem because I am using a new harness from Toyota. I am not saying that there cannot be a defect, but that would be rare because all the other sensors are working.

3/30/10
I checked the resistance of the AFM and it said 1665. That looks to be out of range but my meter is low on batteries right now because it first read 1440, then 1563. I am using a CraftsMan Multimeter.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I checked for codes, I have 51 and 24. 51 was because of the throttle linkage was holding the throttle body open. 24 was the AFM and I replaced it. I cleaned it with brake cleaner, even though I read not to, but I sprayed it on a cloth. That is what probably messed up my old one. I let the car idle and get up to operating temperature and then checked codes and there were none.

Any tip on why the idle is so low? I did clean the Idle Control Valve, so I don't know what it could be. I did mock everything up once again, and the coupler on the turbo to the intake pipe did not have bands on them, so it was kind of loose. Maybe it was sucking air. That is the next thing we are going to work on to get it to fit right.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
What RPM is your idle at? Its fairly low as it is stock like 600/650 rpm or so. Fix any leaks you may have now and it could clear up.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I know, it is at 450RPM. it is below the line between 0-1000RPM. It idles pretty good even if it is that low. Any reason why? I am going to see after I get the turbo intake pipe fitted properly how everything goes. When I rev it up and then it comes back down, it stalls out once in a while because of the idle being so low where it is not supposed to be.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I installed my electric fans today. Tomorrow I am going to modify the turbo intake pipe and install my stainless steel line for the Idle Control Valve to the intake pip and then see how it runs.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, the car is still idling low. I don't know what it is. There is no vacuum leak. It has 21-22 for vacuum according to the boost gauge. Any ideal guys on what it can be? How do I test the Idle Speed Control Valve, with it on the car? I am not to good in detecting the little click, it does not seem to loud.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
IBoughtASupra;1544000 said:
Well, the car is still idling low. I don't know what it is. There is no vacuum leak. It has 21-22 for vacuum according to the boost gauge. Any ideal guys on what it can be? How do I test the Idle Speed Control Valve, with it on the car? I am not to good in detecting the little click, it does not seem to loud.

I can hear my ISC valve clicking pretty loudly right after turning off the motor. It clicks like 5 or 6 times so its pretty noticeable. Maybe get someone to stick theyre head under the hood when you turn it off.

MikesFixedRoof

Mar 23, 2009
Queens, NY
IBoughtASupra;1499803 said:
Does anyone know why SupraSport's phone is not working? I want to place an order with them for a good amount of things but the last time I ordered, they took a while to ship out my parts.

Yea, I had the same problem. Either they can't hear it ringing most of the time or they're just not in the shop often. I had ordered their ct26 easy install oil line kit. They didn't have any all ready to go so I waited about a month before it arrived. Installed real nice & no leaks tho.