Need Some Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK3PIMP

Banned
Mar 1, 2008
LANCASTER
I can't take my damn oil filter off to save my life. Can anyone offer suggestions on how I should go about removing it?

Thank you.

<shaeff edited for clarity>

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
If you lay down with your head near the trans, and a filter wrench in your hand, with ALOT of patience you will be able to use the filter wrench. The handle of the wrench will be facing towards the front of the car. It CAN be done with a filter wrench. But not everyone can do it.

Get a K&N oil filter with the 1" nut welded to the bottom for the next time you change it. Filter removal will be a 15 second process.

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
When I have a problem getting the oil filter off, reguardless if its' my supra or something else, I use the largest pair of channel locks I can, and I squeeze the channel locks down and twist at the same time. I have never had it fail.

Whasian

MK3PIMP

Banned
Mar 1, 2008
LANCASTER
man this shit must be on there great i stabed whole in it still didnt work all the oil filter tools broke lol push this shit do wall-mart or pepboyz lol see if they can get it off i could take off the turbo but who the hell wants to do that

ABQMK2

Mar 8, 2007
Keller TX
forums.celicasupra.com
If it not to FUBAR'd...Have u tried a strap wrench? Also a set a 460 channel locks like mentioned before.....also thats why the stab-a-hole method is last resort...now u cant drive it.

Can you remove the I.C. piping and other stuff to get at it? its work but, better than pushing or towing it to wherever you have to go.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I never had a problem with mine, I just used an oil filter socket and a t-bar looking thing and it came right out, from the bottom too.

Status
Not open for further replies.