Nebraska/Iowa Supras

Midwest_Mudder

thats some help i wouldnt mind. this one is sitting in a garage in des moines. i owned an 87 before this, pulled the motor/tranny rebuilt the motor (HG issues) redid all the seals in the tranny. body was beat. sold it when my "full time" job started to become more "some of the time". two weeks later get a call from the kid asking if i would take it back since he blew it up. after that his dad calls and says his kid was out hot rodding it, he watched him basically hold it at redline at a stoplight while "racing" his friend. his dad goes "tell him to F*** off, he doesnt deserve to have money when he does things like this".

only issue with this one that im looking at is it needs the clutch bled and a TPS (seller took it off to put on his rather than buying new). body is rust free has a dent in the fender (younger brother can fix it) glass is all good, new struts (non tems :( ) and eibach springs all new as well.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
xmaxjetplane;1988692 said:
omaha, 87 7mge.....looking for fellow Supra friends. Currently rebuilding would love to have someone help!!!

Know the feeling man...Backlash has been a big help to me man, he knows his stuff. I've been through all the steps of a full rebuild tho so hit me up anytime. I know how big of a help just having someone else there to give opinions is.

Midwest_Mudder

thats the one. guy has 3 of em (supras). seems decent enough. im shippin him one of my extra TPSs (ya go figure had an extra). told him if he proves it runs ill come out and snag it for my haggled down price

the old one made me laugh for the most part. i drove it all spring/summer and most of fall. motor was great, had the oil sent in for analysis (diesel buddy gets it done for me) and everything seemed perfect, so idk.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
man I'd kill to get my hands on that. mostly because Im going to be dumping a 2jz in my current car soon but I don't want to give up the 7m either

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Yeah I was meaning the 86. I should have used better punctuation it would have made more sense haha. I've noticed not many people keep the single piece wing compared to the 3 piece. Maybe its just me

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
maxburn;1989227 said:
Yeah I was meaning the 86. I should have used better punctuation it would have made more sense haha. I've noticed not many people keep the single piece wing compared to the 3 piece. Maybe its just me

There are a select few that prefer the look (Hi!)....but not many. I am keeping mine because I think it looks much meaner and aggressive on a widebody MK3...which is the route I'm going in the loooong distance future.

Midwest_Mudder

the only thing i honestly prefer over the older is the 89+ tail lights. everything else is just a choice. the spoiler is just a fancy add on, i honestly dont think we go fast enough for it to make any difference haha. the 87 style with a lip looks just as good as an 89 with/without one

although, best color is black on these cars. shows every damn curve

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Ill admit I really like black on these cars but I really like my gun metal grey... With a good polish mannn she shines like liquid haha. Towards the spoiler I think itdepends on what gears we have and how big our wallets are... I think that pretty much determines how fast we can go haha

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Yeah I'll probably switch to the 89+ tails but I'm sticking with the 88 bumper. I want the tiny amount of air to be scooped in to cool the intercooler and radiator haha.