Nebraska/Iowa Supras

xmaxjetplane

Jan 27, 2014
omaha
Omg, so I'm not the only one that thinks Blair Sucks. Cop pulled me over when I was bringing my supra home from Norfolk. He said I was speeding never said how fast then had a tow truck there before I got out of the car. Cost me like 150 bucks to get it out!.... I will never go back through that f#&ked up town.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Midwest_Mudder;1990476 said:
well found a pair up in pierce im going to pick up tomorrow for 2500. black one is an 89 5sp NA clean title, motor and tranny are currently pulled (they come with), white care is an 89 turbo targa 5sp, no title parts car. the 89 runs and drives great other than it slips in 4th and 5th under full boost. black one has supposedly (cant read the odo in his pics) low miles, brand new tires, motor ran and clutch was good when he pulled them. he was gonna do the swap then lost interest.

pending condition of the front bumper, ill be taking the 89+ tails, and the 89+ front bumper, have the bumper sprayed by my brother who is in school for auto body. obviously motor/tranny/wiring im taking for a build to go into the black one. all else on the white car (even the 3 piece spoiler) will be fair game to whoever wants to come down and strip it

Dibs on the turbo molding!!! Haha I've been looking for one FOREVER!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Midwest_Mudder

xmaxjetplane;1990478 said:
Omg, so I'm not the only one that thinks Blair Sucks. Cop pulled me over when I was bringing my supra home from Norfolk. He said I was speeding never said how fast then had a tow truck there before I got out of the car. Cost me like 150 bucks to get it out!.... I will never go back through that f#&ked up town.
Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

i call it my "when you drive through blair and dont pay attention to the speedometer" tool

Backlash2032;1990483 said:
Dibs on the turbo molding!!! Haha I've been looking for one FOREVER!!

ill let you pull em once the car gets here. i dont trust myself pulling moulding. haha. but ive got ya top list for the mouldings. IDK interior color yet for those that may need interior parts

Midwest_Mudder

all the associated parts that are involved with a swap are getting pulled so i can swap the black one into a turbo later. idc how "great it pulls at full boost" its still getting tore down, resurfaced, MHG and studs. worked on waaaay too many 6.0l strokes to not do headwork before it warps

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Midwest_Mudder;1990486 said:
all the associated parts that are involved with a swap are getting pulled so i can swap the black one into a turbo later. idc how "great it pulls at full boost" its still getting tore down, resurfaced, MHG and studs. worked on waaaay too many 6.0l strokes to not do headwork before it warps

Yeah I know how you feel. Let me tell you this though.. when you have a rock solid 7m.. it's a great feeling. Do it up!

If the black car doesn't have ABS I could simply swap my non working one for the white cars working one.. so there's not a hole in the side of the tranny lol

Midwest_Mudder

haha, my GF is already about ready to kick me in the nuts since im kickin her POS saturn ion out of the garage while i strip the white one. he said its pretty rough but i dont want to see one of these go to scrap without ever bit of nourishment pulled off it. if the black one has LSD as well as the white one ill have an LSD to sell. but ill have to check. guy drove the black one home from Indianapolis last year, bought it from a guy who always garaged it... ha

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Midwest_Mudder;1990488 said:
haha, my GF is already about ready to kick me in the nuts since im kickin her POS saturn ion out of the garage while i strip the white one. he said its pretty rough but i dont want to see one of these go to scrap without ever bit of nourishment pulled off it. if the black one has LSD as well as the white one ill have an LSD to sell. but ill have to check. guy drove the black one home from Indianapolis last year, bought it from a guy who always garaged it... ha

The black one doesn't have a spoiler.. while it could've been removed that's a sign of a non sport package, meaning no abs, no lsd, and no tems. TEMS is the easiest to check for though, obviously lol

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Midwest_Mudder;1990493 said:
youre telling me. i expected abs, but there wasnt anything for it in the bay. BUT the motor was swapped and the brakes were redone before i bought it so who knows on the abs

I guess who knows. Somebody couldve deleted it. Stupidest decision in my book, but whatever.

Midwest_Mudder

ok so the white one is pretty rough. the 89 tails are perfect, and the moulding looks ok. as for the interior, i have the spare tire hatch, have maroon (red, burgundy w/e) trunk cover. the interior is/was leather, and IS SHOT.

heres where i ran into a problem. the 89 is grey plug ecu. the 87, obviously yellow. UGH. but the turbo spools great, everything is original, no one has messed with anything at all. guess it was stuck away in a storage unit. SOOOOO its in need of a rebuild before i even think of figuring out my wiring issue.

the 87, absolutely amazing. BUT its got a sunroof. oh well, doubt ill be going for huge numbers anyway. its nice to have em home, something to work on now