Nebraska/Iowa Supras

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Midwest_Mudder;1989415 said:
damn. thats gotta blow. luckily with what i drive there is a near 0 percent chance of getting a speeding ticket. 85 is bad enough in a lifted tj

and it didnt quote maxburn in my last reply. that is confusing

Yep he wasn't very impressed when he pulled me over... He sounded a little... pissed haha.
What do you drive currently?

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Yeah I can see why you don't have to worry haha. I don't think I've ever seen one of those pulled over to be honest

Midwest_Mudder

ive gotten 3 fix it tickets for my tires w/ no flaps or fender coverage... um, pulled over for too loud exhaust (now it has a banks monster kit on it) and pulled over once to be asked if i was on "iowa side" mudding... luckily had just taken it through the car wash in blair so told em NOPE.

but for speeding... nope. its got pep, but 60 65 is where you lose the pull. i can take most of the lil honduh civic rice rockets in omaha though haha

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Haha well at least that shows them lol. I kinda forget about fix it tickets, its usually just broken lights for us.

Midwest_Mudder

BLAIR NE... they are freakin exhaust nazis. HWY 30 is one of the most used drug routes in this county, and they pull more people over for mufflers than they do with drugs. My dad is a deputy here in the county running for sheriff so ive got a target on my back as it is. its just pathetic. OOOO you wanna run down main with no headlights puffin on a join, NO BIGGIE.... HOLY SHIT you paid to have a nice exhaust put on, well heres your ticket...

ya, not a fan of that crap. my buddy has a BUILT 07 F superduty dually it was built by his brother who owns C&C complete in bennington. the truck is FAST, he gets a ticket weekly. his latest? 49 in a 45.... they dont like anything nicer than they can buy

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
49 in a 45... I didn't even think people were pulled over for that ... that's like everyone's normal speed.. That's ridiculous

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I got pulled over for like 57 in a 55. Never even told me how fast he clocked me, probably because it wouldve been embarrassing for him lol

Wasn't even driving the supra either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
I was pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign (which I know I did..) The cop was a younger guy that just wanted an excuse to ask me about my car. Like what it was haha. He asked me how fast it goes and I was like the speed limit sir. He was like ... Good answer... lol

Midwest_Mudder

the bone headed part of the 49 in a 45 was that it was going up a hill as you exit town, he was clocked literally 20ft from the 60mph speed limit sign. cop got short with him and kept saying "you cant go faster until after you pass the sign." he had been following us all through town, we had to go pick stuff up at the fire department for our fish fry, so from the fire dept, to the place we get propane, then over to the grocery store, then to where the ice trailer was sitting, then on the way out.

the old supra got a fix it ticket every time i went to town, "its too loud"

i think my uncle has the record for verbal warnings. i guess when the plates on your viper read "HLO OFCR" they all want a chance to give him a hard time

Midwest_Mudder

the loudest vehicle we've ran through town was a hood piped mud truck. big block, stupid aggressive cam. that lasted all of about 3 minutes before they said either tow it home or it gets impounded. it had a few other things that brought it to the attention of the law other than just the pipes, but theyre what got em pulled over. it was a really stupid redneck engineering feat. with i had pics of it, but the kid moved out of the county and the truck eventually blew up...

Midwest_Mudder

44" swampers (no mud flaps, outside the fender lines) questionable seats that i honestly think were held in by zip ties, no speedo, just the biggest tach you can find screwed to the cowl, plexiglass windows that popped in and out. plexi windshield... full cage the ONLY reason it had plates at all was because the truck was bought in state so the vin inspection wasnt needed. top speed was like 40-45. like i said, giant redneck feat of physics

im not for sure on the seats, they may have been welded but with that guy who knows.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Hwy 77 in between Lincoln and Wahoo is redic also. I used to take that drive to work everyday. True story: back in 09 was pulled over 11 times in one year, was given 6 tickets out of those. There was only one that I thought I deserved and it was like 78 in a 65 because I was super late to work. The rest were tickets all under 8mph over the limit. I ended up losing my license for 6months because of points. My wife is a grandma driver and takes that hwy to work still to this day and has been pulled over 5 times on it for speeding since like 07 but of course has not been given one ticket. I think they just like to pull people over for something to do over there. At the time I was driving a scion Tc, my wife drove a grand am....funny thing is ever since I stopped driving that hwy in 09 I havent been stopped one time. Not even in the supra.

Midwest_Mudder

i know that hwy. i used to (still could if i wanted i guess) work for the signal 88 outta lincoln. the owner is a good friend of mine. got pulled over one night on the way down to lincoln with one of the patrol vehicles. he asked if my lights were legal... lol amber light bar turned off? ya perfectly legal there farva... haha

Midwest_Mudder

so i might be passing on this car in des moines, guy took pictures that made it look way better than the detailed pics show. passenger side is perfect, drivers side paint is oxidized, surface rust behind the door, the front fender isnt just dented but also looks tweaked and its right on the body line. he still has yet to prove to me that it runs like he said he would. UGH the search continues i guess

Midwest_Mudder

well found a pair up in pierce im going to pick up tomorrow for 2500. black one is an 89 5sp NA clean title, motor and tranny are currently pulled (they come with), white care is an 89 turbo targa 5sp, no title parts car. the 89 runs and drives great other than it slips in 4th and 5th under full boost. black one has supposedly (cant read the odo in his pics) low miles, brand new tires, motor ran and clutch was good when he pulled them. he was gonna do the swap then lost interest.

pending condition of the front bumper, ill be taking the 89+ tails, and the 89+ front bumper, have the bumper sprayed by my brother who is in school for auto body. obviously motor/tranny/wiring im taking for a build to go into the black one. all else on the white car (even the 3 piece spoiler) will be fair game to whoever wants to come down and strip it