NAPA sent me the WRONG engine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

86.5BabySupra

I ordered a 7mge longblock from napa when i blew the engine in my 1986.5 Supra, and they sent me a gte. I didnt realize it until I had it in my car, fired my car up and it dumped the oil on my driveway through the oil squirters. I called napa and they refused to acknowledge that they sent me the wrong engine. Now i have a rod knock from it dumping the oil. I wont be doing anymore business with them.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
So your first post is to complain about a company. Instead of admitting doing something wrong, it's Napa's fault...?

I have a GTE, I had to run off of N/A electronics for a while. I never had this issue of "dumping oil" unless I personally installed something wrong.

Also, only way a company will warranty something like that is if you have a reputable shop install the engine. If you do it yourself, 9 times out of 10 that warranty goes out the window.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Poodles;1812881 said:
As the oil squirters are inside the engine, I don't know how it could have "dumped on your driveway."

User error. Since he didn't say he had a shop do the installation, he probably messed something up, left something loose or missing, etc. Didn't double check what they received against the original, etc.

Human nature is to blame mistakes on other people.

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Moy;1812883 said:
User error. Since he didn't say he had a shop do the installation, he probably messed something up, left something loose or missing, etc. Didn't double check what they received against the original, etc.

Human nature is to blame mistakes on other people.

Yeah if the oil squirters were out then it should have just dumped into the pan. Not out of the engine.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I think I get it, I think he doesn't know what oil squirters are and what he's trying to desribe is that the oil came out from where the turbo oil lines are supposed to go.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The only thing that would dump oil on a GTE over a GE is the turbo feed. I don't see how anyone would think that a giant, gaping, threaded, oily hole would okay to run without anything blocking it off. Sell the Supra to somebody that knows what they're doing and buy a Civic.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1812881 said:
As the oil squirters are inside the engine, I don't know how it could have "dumped on your driveway."
Not sure about the rest of you, but I smell a troll...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Usually when starting an engine fist thing you do is check for leaks. Also priming the oil system is done before starting which would have shown the said leak and prevented the rk.

No one to blame except your self.

clutch

Jan 13, 2011
Bettingen, Germany
So the very first post was to complain about NAPA. Instead of introducing yourself you jump in and complain.

I agree with all above sell the Supra and get something that you may be a bit more knowledgeable about. These motors are not for the faint hearted. Especially a 7m! Do yourself a favor sell the car and get something simple to work on til you get a bit of knowledge in mechanics.

teamslow

Sep 6, 2006
New Jersey
86.5BabySupra;1812873 said:
I ordered a 7mge longblock from napa when i blew the engine in my 1986.5 Supra, and they sent me a gte. I didnt realize it until I had it in my car, fired my car up and it dumped the oil on my driveway through the oil squirters. I called napa and they refused to acknowledge that they sent me the wrong engine. Now i have a rod knock from it dumping the oil. I wont be doing anymore business with them.

:: lolsign :: How do you miss noticing it's not a GTE? It says GTE on coil pack cover and the cam gear cover. Did you buy just a short block or a long block with no manifolds, valve covers and sensors?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
He replaced a longblock, not a used engine. A longblock includes block, crank, pistons, rods, bearings, head, head gasket, valves, cams, (sometimes valve covers and timing covers, not often, though)
The 7M looks the same whether turbo or NA from the outside (aside from a couple differences) but they're pretty close.

That said, this thread isnt really serving a purpose...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
yourthread.jpg

severe.jpg

Oh and Andy, everyone is just about fed up with the JZ bullshit. You're a vendor, we expect more from vendors. Stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.