Mystery plug behind glovebox. Where does it go?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I was in the process plugging in the dash harness and came across this lonely plug. Everything seems to be plugged in and I have no idea what this plug is used for, let alone if I even need it.

p1431681_1.jpg

p1431681_2.jpg

Any ideas?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
It was an auto. I did a AT-MT swap and used a JDM AT ECU. However, you can see on the right that all three ECU plugs (grey) are already connected to the HKS VPC PnP Hareness.

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
thats not the auto ecu (if you mean the ECT thing), that mounts over behind the passenger kick panel not behind the glove box.

I honestly don't know what it is, but I'm nearly positive it's not the ECT.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Yeah, I don't see how it can be the ECT plug since the ECT computer is all the way over on the passenger kick. I really hope I don't need this mystery plug since it was a royal pain in the ass to tuck up all the wires out of the way. I might have to undo it all in order to get back over to that plug which is now hidden above the EFI ECU.

p1431704_1.jpg

p1431704_2.jpg

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
also the ECT is on the main dash harness (the big one with the fuse blocks), which is the largest pain I've found with converting from 5spd TO auto. BTW if you still have the ECT hooked up/installed, could you snap a picture for me? I've tried to find a picture showing how it sits when it mounts with no luck.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
bishop40k;1431789 said:
BTW if you still have the ECT hooked up/installed, could you snap a picture for me? I've tried to find a picture showing how it sits when it mounts with no luck.

No, I pulled the ECT ECU and never reinstalled it. I hope that won't throw any codes. I can't remember how it went back in. Btw, I don't even know what that white box on the right is, or how it fits back in. I just crammed it in the corner and it fits snug, I just know that couldn't be where it was located before.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
92nsx;1432478 said:
It looks to be for the A/C air vent motor servo motor.

Look here
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=147

Looks Like you got "I" there ;)

Yeah, that appears to be it. I wonder where the other plug migrated to. It could be stuck behind anything. Damn! I'm am so conflicted on if I should even bother pulling things and looking for it.

I have to remove my ac compressor to make room for my IC pipe routing. So I won't be running ac for awhile if ever. Does that mean that I can leave this plug, unplugged?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
ATL88Supra;1432544 said:
if you have to remove the ac compresser to install ic pipes you ARE doing it wrong.

How you figure? I'm running a FFIM which faces the TB straight forward and I'm plannning on running the IC pipes straight down so I don't have to deal with relocating the battery. With the fluidyne and the the FALS, there's only a couple of inches from between the electric fans and the ac compressor pulley. What could be easier than simply unbolting the compressor and freeing up the inch or two I need to the pipes?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
MarkIII4Me;1432557 said:
there's only a couple of inches from between the electric fans and the ac compressor pulley.

:rofl: Try less then a 1/2" (more like 1/4" ) with the A/C fans removed and trimming the shroud to clear the piping. I also "tryed" to keep the battery up front but no luck unless I use a honda battery.

I have that setup and still have A/C, that is why I know ;)

This is the best pic I have right now of my setup.

p1432572_1.jpg

And here you can see how much I had to cut off the shroud to make the piping fit.

p1432572_2.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
supra1008;1432619 said:
^that ic coupler off the TB looks kinda restricted don't you think?

Maybe a little but is was a tight fit to go from a q45 TB :nono: to 3" IC piping and route the piping where I wanted it. + q45 TB is WAY over kill, and needs to be replaced with a smaller 70-75 mm stang TB. Who ever says "you heed a q45 TB on your 3.0 L. engine" is lying.
<---found out the hard way.

It is way to big for its own good. Yes this winter along with the 3" cold side IC piping is getting removed to make way for 2.5" ;)

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
92nsx;1432572 said:
:rofl: Try less then a 1/2" (more like 1/4" ) with the A/C fans removed and trimming the shroud to clear the piping.

Youch that's tight! Exactly why my a/c's gotta go.

Lucky for me my throttlebody ends before the cam gears and I'm not using the factory shroud. There seems to be several inches between the FAL's and the alternator pulley. Plus, I'm only going 2.5" on the pipes.

But what do I know? Right ATL88Supra; I must be doing it wrong :wuteva:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ your build thread has provided us with lots of "fuckin piece wont work" pics ;). very glad to have it!

with the battery gone, why not go through the fender there??