My engine mount fell off!

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
so i was at a friends house showin him the supra and we take of in 1st and as soon as it hits 14psi i hear a few creak/snaps then it sounds like i ran over a rock, i pull over and find one of my engine mounts snapped off and is 100 feet behind the car:cry: :aigo: anyone know what could have caused this and how bad would it be to drive with 1 motor mount for a few days. thanks

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Umm yeaa...Don't drive the with a missing motor mount unless you want to break more stuff.

Don't know how that happened but you need to replace it before you drive it.

What style motor mounts do you have, square or round?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Somehow this doesn't surprise me. ;)

I would not drive it missing a motor mount. Hope that the welds didn't pop on the subframe and replace it ASAP.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
ok i got my solid motor mounts in the mail , but i cant take off the remainder of the old motor mount, the top bolt just wont budge, any tips for gettin it off?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Vice grip and pb. Or if not stripped do as 87 said 6 pt socket and some weight..

Btw, why do your mount fall off?

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
Mk3runner;1309340 said:
Vice grip and pb. Or if not stripped do as 87 said 6 pt socket and some weight..

Btw, why do your mount fall off?

just bought some pb and sprayed it , ima let it soak for a bit. it fell off because it couldnt handle the massive torque of the 1j :biglaugh: it was torn in two

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
after a few hours and an impact gun bigger than my head (smaller ones didnt work) i finally got the remains of the old mounts off and the new solid ones in, :). now the car vibrates like crazy but i like it.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
I had the same thing happen to me, of course my mount didnt come off, but I put brand new mounts in my supra before I dropped my 1jz and my passenger one broke in half a few weeks ago, I swapped my mounts Sunday with solids as well and now I can fill everything through my steering wheel.