My Car vs 2009 Porsche 997

ABNPayne

Jul 18, 2010
Macon, GA
CajunKenny;1647550 said:
A small update to this saga...

I asked my buddy the other day if he'd ever heard from his brother-in-law as to why he didn't show. Apparently, he'd been double-clutching the car and smoked his clutch. The car is currently apart in his garage and getting a new clutch.

With it being winter now, there's slight chance of this thing happening until spring... :(
:bsflag:
Do you know for sure it wasn't a diecast model? lol. IMO, a $5k clutch job at the dealer for a $80k+ car would be chump change to the FnF "baller." Maybe its just me, but I'd be damned to have it in pieces in my garage for months...

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
CajunKenny;1647550 said:
A small update to this saga...

I asked my buddy the other day if he'd ever heard from his brother-in-law as to why he didn't show. Apparently, he'd been double-clutching the car and smoked his clutch. The car is currently apart in his garage and getting a new clutch.

With it being winter now, there's slight chance of this thing happening until spring... :(

How very convenient for this to happen.....

te72;1636006 said:
Who says the Porsche owner can drive the Porsche though?

Your answer above, sir.... lol

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
$5k for a clutch job on a 997T? Think more like $9k. The dealer quoted my buddy $6300 for one in his 85 944...

On the other hand, Spec clutches seem to go for ~$800 online, so DIY is definitely the smart way to go for him. Plus, gives you time to install that meth kit :D Hope to see the video of you lining up soon.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I know. Double-Clutching? Seriously....!?

It's legit though. I saw the car in the garage up on jack stands, wheels off, and either tranny or engine on the ground. Maybe both? I saw it as I was driving by and didn't have time to stop and chat with him.

He bought a stock clutch from a Seattle Stealership. It cost him somewhere around $3k.

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
CajunKenny;1648560 said:
I know. Double-Clutching? Seriously....!?

It's legit though. I saw the car in the garage up on jack stands, wheels off, and either tranny or engine on the ground. Maybe both? I saw it as I was driving by and didn't have time to stop and chat with him.

He bought a stock clutch from a Seattle Stealership. It cost him somewhere around $3k.

o_O 3k for a clutch??? wow...haha

well now you can get your meth kit in and REALLY surprise him come race day :p

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
".o 3k for a clutch??? wow...haha"

Yeah, really now I won't feel so bad, when I have to buy parts for my Supra. Especially when our cars are capable to go just as fast as the Porsche for alot less.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
This is happening today at 11 am. Video to follow this evening. :D

But it is no longer a 2009 997. He now owns a 2010 997.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Who seriously double clutches a 997 then trades it in after the clutch is toast X.x He's def got deeper pockets than me.. Maybe since it's a 'new' car to him you'll have the advantage over more car-owner experience?:evil2:

digihonk82

Mar 28, 2011
Olathe, KS
Bullshit asshole, nobody like the tuna here...oh my bad did I miss the FnF references....no okay. Watch yo, watch yo, watch yo BACK...you embarrass me! No seriously :icon_biggVID VID VID VID VID:icon_razz

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yep, traded it in and brought home a 2010.

This one has a "Sport" mode that adjusts suspension and also ups the boost from 15 psi to 18 psi. I'm sure I won't win; but, it's going to be fun anyway!

My GoPro is fully charged and que'd! :)

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I still laugh at this... you have nothing to lose here, not even dignity. If you get beat by a 100+k turbo Porsche that was built and designed to kick ass on a track, you get beat by a car in a class well above your own. And if you win? Poor guy is gonna be kicking himself...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
First off…the bad news…my GoPro would not turn on so I have no video. SOOO Frustrating!!!

Car Stats:

Porsche –
Driver and Passenger
~3500 lbs
AWD
Variable Vein Turbos (comes stock)
Base Boost = 15psi making 480 Crank Horse/400 Whp
Sport Mode Boost = 18psi making 500 Crank Horse/~420 Whp

Supra –
Driver and Passenger
~3400 lbs
Typical Build on Stock Motor
17psi making an estimated ~400 Whp

Race 1:
Starting in 2nd Gear at 40 mph Supra and Porsche Dead even in to 3rd. Had to shut down because of traffic.

Race 2:
3rd Gear at ~62 mph Porsche puts a car and a half to 4th. Again, shut down because of traffic.

Race 3:
3rd at 65, Porsche ahead 2 cars to the top of third. Shifted in to 4th and shut down at ~125. At that point, the Porsche was out there about 6 Car Lengths.

Afterwards, he said that he never put it in sport mode. All of his pulls were done at 15 psi.

All in all…it was a blast! It was the best spanking I ever got! :)

Last edited: