my car burned!

Loco350z

May 7, 2008
atx
well today i decited to take my car out for a spin. it was running good, turbo spooling everything great. i had the exhaust off the car when all of the sudden some smoke started coming form the shift boot. i was like wtf and tried to break and pulled over. the brakes warent working at all. the car deied and it finally came to a stop i looked outside and there was smoke coming from underneath the car i looked under there and there was fire right in the driveshaft and the rear diff. i ran to try and get help and water but the fire caught so quick that half the car was destroyed. it was my pride and joy. i bought it not running and now i had it like a queen. it was running good. new oil change, re bleed the lines, new calipers, new alluminum supra rims, new tires, new gas tank and pump and lots more including my long hours working on it. i didnt even have any pics of wht it looked liked fixed up i only got the ones form when i just got it. it suxs, i dont know wht caused the fire but it blows. here is some after pics. btw part out!!! let me know wht u want the engine was untouched. and the front end!!

p1080804_1.jpg

p1080804_2.jpg

p1080804_3.jpg

p1080804_4.jpg

p1080804_5.jpg

p1080804_6.jpg

p1080804_7.jpg

p1080804_8.jpg

p1080804_9.jpg

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
gaboonviper85;1080810 said:
oh damn dude I'm so sorry.....that's the last straw...I'm going to get an extinguisher for my car today....too many supras catching fire!!!

YES!!!!!! sorry, but at least your alive its just a car after all

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
My guess would be build up from a leaky rear tranny seal built up at the rear. Oil leaks running all over the underside got ignited by the lack of an exhaust on the car.

I'm sorry you lost your car man! I really am. But hopefully it will teach you that sounding cool isn't always the best thing to do.

Loco350z

May 7, 2008
atx
ya it does sux and i think thats wht exactly happened, the exhaust back fireing and catching the oil, build up on fire or wht ever and it just ignited quick. u can c that my exhaust was on the back seat lol, the piece of pipe hanging out. i only had been driving it for about 10 min not even pushing it or anything. i was on some dirt roads as yall can see i never thought it would do that. i had my exhaust off the car because i was working on it. but o well. this month hasent been the best one ever. public disturbance ticket, speeding ticket on my z, dogs got out and i got a fine for that and now this. its some bs!!!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ForcedTorque;1080824 said:
My guess would be build up from a leaky rear tranny seal built up at the rear. Oil leaks running all over the underside got ignited by the lack of an exhaust on the car.

I'm sorry you lost your car man! I really am. But hopefully it will teach you that sounding cool isn't always the best thing to do.

Good call Scott!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Wow! That sucks! Very sorry to hear about this.

Now as for that part out... how much for the whole interior shipped to Denver?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Oh... so that's not the limited edition charcoal gray? :(

heh... I can see it's toast... just trying to lighten the mood for you a bit. Sorry about the loss, really. That completely sucks.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Sell the full 1JZ set up for enough to go buy a decent turbo car to start over with. Then when things are going a little better for ya (they gotta get better from here), you can get another 1JZ, or just build the 7M.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Man, thats a hard loss. I keep a fire extinguisher in my car, but from all the stories it seems like a puny little extinguisher is hardly enough to hold off a big fire.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
gaboonviper85;1080810 said:
oh damn dude I'm so sorry.....that's the last straw...I'm going to get an extinguisher for my car today....too many supras catching fire!!!

I always carry a full size in my car.YES A FULL SIZE!!

sorry to hear man that sucks.I'n dropin my tank soon and putting in a new fuel pump and filter.I really hope I don't mess it up.sorry again man hopfuly you'll be back in a supra soon

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
HOLY SHIT!!!!! :aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo:

as ricey as it may seem to some. i think everyone of u tuners out ther shoudl carry an extinguisher at all times. i NEED one too. since i have a gasket that i keep blowing on the fuel tank and drips fuel everywhere and is super dangerous when thats happeening and im blowing 6 foot fireballs on the rev limiter. :nono:

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Nick Stonawski;1080902 said:
HOLY SHIT!!!!! :aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo:

as ricey as it may seem to some. i think everyone of u tuners out ther shoudl carry an extinguisher at all times. i NEED one too. since i have a gasket that i keep blowing on the fuel tank and drips fuel everywhere and is super dangerous when thats happeening and im blowing 6 foot fireballs on the rev limiter. :nono:

what gasket?like I said I'm going to be putting a new tank in my car soon and I don't want to risk ANY THING