My Black 91 Project

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
update....

I was trying to get the car up and running for the Annual Philly Supra Meet but it didn't work out. I just kept hitting obstacles! Oh well.... I sealed the oil pan up, flipped it over put the turbo back on, bolted the clutch/trans up and dropped the motor in. Bought new injector orings, installed the injectors and rail and put the manifold back on. Primed the oil pump. Ordered the DM pulley kit. forgot to take pics of it. I fixed the fuel leak I had at the rail. Hooked up the Haltech and loaded the base map I got off Billiam from BIC. Now I'm not getting spark. Anyone have any maps I could use that have somewhat the same setup as me?

Here's how it sits now.

p1721774_1.jpg

p1721774_2.jpg

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
ha u funny. the warrant for your arrest has just been signed by the local federal judge in your city. watch your back! :)
and no i dont know anyone using a haltech. theres some local tuners im sure that could probably tune a haltech if thats what youre asking.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
lol yea he sure can be funny!!

OK!!! Finally!!! After more than a year of waiting.......drum roll!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUA1rU1eOM

I know...it needs to be cleaned up a bit but she's a running!! Time for some more tuning, brakes, and a well needed alignment! Already back on the insurance! Just need to register it. Almost there!!

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
nice man, sounds good

what do you have burning off there looked like some smoke coming from around the turbo area

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
wow the car came out great!Me and you have similar projects exact mine is a white auto and I have a stinger for my 1J.Damn seeing your video really makes me want to start my project!!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Got a better r154 since. Swapped it in a few hours one night. Fastest trans swap ever done. Thanks to everyone that helped that night. Did some more tuning. I hooked up my sub again and finally mounted the rear speaker enclosures from the gb. Should've def came from the factory!! Looks great!

p1753941_1.jpg

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
BOOSTEDSUPRA;1760934 said:
where did you get those speaker enclosures?? i would love to get me a few pair..

great build bro...looks fantastick....

Thanks! Speaker enclosures are from a group buy. Idk if the gb is still open or not. I still need to buy an amp for them. I can't wait to hook them up!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Finally got a video doing a pull at 9lbs. idk how fast yet cause speedo cable not hooked up yet. lol. Apparently shooting a lot of flames/fireballs from the exhaust but can't see it in the video. Maybe with a better camera and at night.

[video=youtube;hhZ1SRZd-cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhZ1SRZd-cM[/video]