My Black 91 Project

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
SWD Fredester 3;1668881 said:
Could you try a heat gun--type used for removing paint-and a painters flat scraper? Might be able to get the bulk off with that then use M1 remover to take the residue down to bare metal.

I'll try the heat gun. I actually forgot I had a brand new one. Lol.

Wow there's a lot of activity in here. Need to check this more often. Lol.

Sorry Dave. I've been slacking. I have a good exude though. What's your excuse? ;)

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Well, since you all are slacking on updates, I just want to say your build is inspiring a few pieces on mine. lol Very nice so far, let me know how the under-side freshening goes. I want to do this with my coming black shell as well. Bushings, subframe items. Could you list what exactly you replaced/are replacing for the subframe? I'll also be doing research later today after some sleep. lol

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Nghty89;1682867 said:
Well, since you all are slacking on updates, I just want to say your build is inspiring a few pieces on mine. lol Very nice so far, let me know how the under-side freshening goes. I want to do this with my coming black shell as well. Bushings, subframe items. Could you list what exactly you replaced/are replacing for the subframe? I'll also be doing research later today after some sleep. lol

Yea i've been slacking. Getting ready to go back to school. Might be more slacking in here for a while. :(
why thank ya sir! So far I've had a friend working on bushings and all new hardware. Got the energy suspension poly bushings. That takes care of all the arms. Upper, lower, front and back. Got the lipp traction arms from suprasport. I have suspension technique sway bar for the back bstill need to buy the front. Which those also come with poly bushings. Going to be getting endlinks from Randy. I want some good adjustable camber arms for the back but no one has good ones yet that have poly bushings. I was going to get Wes' arms but they are solid. A1 ate known to snap cause the welds suck so not going with those either. If Wes could get some poly bushings on his arms. I'd get them in a heart beat! Idk if I'm going to do the under coating now. I will also eventually get the subframe poly bushings too. I'll do that when I powder coAt the subframes later on.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Some updates. Had to replace the front left lower ball joint cause the boot was torn, the stud and castlenut were stripped. I ordered one from rockauto with a fitting to maintain better.

p1694517_1.jpg

p1694517_2.jpg

p1694517_3.jpg

p1694517_4.jpg

p1694517_5.jpg

p1694517_6.jpg

TOUCHDOWN!!!
p1694517_7.jpg

p1694517_8.jpg

gotta drop it just q little bit but I'll wait till I drop the motor back in first.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Pushed it outside to give it some fresh air, wash it down and take some pics. Gotta finish the spoiler. Had bight some new Mkiv mats awhile ago. Finally put them in to see how they look.

Pics.

p1695167_1.jpg

p1695167_2.jpg

p1695167_3.jpg

p1695167_4.jpg

p1695167_5.jpg

p1695167_6.jpg

with emps SC in the background.
p1695167_7.jpg

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Car looks great Chris! Really like your rear wheel and tire combo. Hope to see it in person on May 29. Figure I'll go to the meet in Va. on the 28th and the one in Philly on the 29th.

-Fred

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
nice, the rims look awesome i told you they would fit ok because of the size of mine and the offset they have a slight poke like mine too

you should get the car ready for streetwars ill be there with the huge supra caravan, james and the guy bryan with the mkiii twin turbo 1uz

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
SWD Fredester 3;1695227 said:
Car looks great Chris! Really like your rear wheel and tire combo. Hope to see it in person on May 29. Figure I'll go to the meet in Va. on the 28th and the one in Philly on the 29th.

-Fred

Thanks Fred! I'm really liking it myself! Makes me want to get it running more! I don't know if it will be running by then. There is more I'd like to do while the motor is out. I'm about to go back to school in the fall. Before I start school, I want to pass my CCNA so I can get a better job and support myself through college and be able to buy the lap dances for emp. ;) I'm supposed to take the test mid May. Once I pass, I'll have the whole summer to fix the car. I'm not sure if I'll be making it to the meet or not this year :-( Supposed to be going on a trip to Canada that weekendeh. I might make it back in time on Sunday to show up but probably won't be in the black one. I just wanted to get my car off the lift. I'll try my best to make it to the meet.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

thanks mobes!

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
BrandonW;1695235 said:
nice, the rims look awesome i told you they would fit ok because of the size of mine and the offset they have a slight poke like mine too

you should get the car ready for streetwars ill be there with the huge supra caravan, james and the guy bryan with the mkiii twin turbo 1uz

I thought they would be fine but wasn't sure. I'm ok right now. I can lower it just a bit but I can't lower it too much without pulling/flaring the fenders and quarter panel. I still need injectors, fuel rail and a good tune before I can run. When is Street Wars? I doubt I'll make it. I'll definitely be ready for next year or atleast for most of the end of summer meets if there are any. I'm not too worried. I'd rather get my degree. When I need a break I'll go to the garage and work on it.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

SWD Fredester 3;1695364 said:
Trip to canada sounds good. Believe me you have your whole life to work on your car!

What is the CCNA and where are you going to college?

-Fred

Yea my family kept going to Niagra Falls without me so I thought I'd go this time. Its been a crazy year. I need a break before I start school.
CCNA = Cisco Certified Network Associate. Its all networking and routers/switches.
I'm going to go to Community College of Philadelphia and take all my core classes, then transfer to Drexel University for either a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree. I've postponed this too long and I'm paying for it now. Time to do this once and for all!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
dmp316;1695489 said:
very very nice build she has come along way

Thanks. Still a long way to go.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Dave: you have no idea! I can't wait for summer to put he back together!!

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
Lol@ emp. It's going to be a lonely road for me.........all these jz motors coming out of this garage..lmao! You guys please be nice to my 7m. Summer will interesting.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
Really? Who G? That's about it...lol. your sisters' car does not count, and emp is going 2j....so I am the only moderatly powered 7m, oh and brandon.....sorry I forgot about him...lol. I am a sheep amoung wolves!..lmao. so have mercy...lol