My 1991 Jay Blue Supra

Who

Supramania Contributor
Congrats on getting back into Supras. A bone stock supra is hard, almost impossible to find. Hell even the muffler is stock. I just replaced my catback and I haven't thrown it out because its a stock part. (Kinda stupid I know)
Sounds like you didn't pay to much. One owner, adult driver & the oem hg. That right there is worth a serious amount of added value and peace of mind.
Don't forget to start from the beginning. Basic maintenance and check all those hoses.
How about Blue Balls Supra ? :naughty:
Congrats.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Poodles;1134538 said:
Yep, never understood why people complain about the supra's stereo...

Trying pulling the CSI out and cleaning it as the EGR vents right onto it clogging it.

Because people with a 90 or older had the shitty sound system with the 4" speakers. That's why I have 91 door pannels to fit my 6.5" Components.

Sounds 10 times better now.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
whowouldfigga;1136278 said:
Congrats on getting back into Supras. A bone stock supra is hard, almost impossible to find. Hell even the muffler is stock. I just replaced my catback and I haven't thrown it out because its a stock part.

Thanks figga! I love the quietness of the stock exhaust but man, I liked the power of my 3" exhaust on my 86.5

toycarchic;1136466 said:
Ken she is a beauty... I see y you sold yours to me now... :). congradulations and thanks again for all your help

Thanks Julia. I still can't believe after all the blood, sweat, beers and money I poured into that car that I sold it. But, this 91 is just like the one that made me fall in love with MK3's back in 1991. I forever love YOUR 86.5 though.

Today I drove out to our house that's for sale to work on my car. My tools are all still there and I have more room.
First I ripped out that ghetto installed radar detector. The previous owners son in law ripped up the radio bezel to install it.:3d_frown: But, I've already sourced another perfect one...thanks drjonez.:icon_bigg

Second I fixed the hatch rattle by replacing those little hatch bumper things. Those are a BITCH to remove. But hey, the hatch doesn't rattle anymore.

Third, I fixed the loose and jiggly auto gear shift lever. I replaced the bushings that wore out over the years and now it's factory tight!!! Awesome!

So while I was out there I got very sentimental and had to take a couple of pics of my new supra in the same driveway my other supras used to grace their presence with. Taken with a cellphone so not the best quality, but no bad either.

p1136821_1.jpg

p1136821_2.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
How could anyone ever want a different color on their supra than that?..............:love:

Gorgeous gorgeous car Ken.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The hardtop seals aren't as easy to replace as Dave would have you believe Ken. That's the main reason I have two targa top supras. I can't stand to fight with the HTseals. Dave may know a trick or two though that he hasn't bothered telling me about.
If you do decide to replace them, please take pictures and do a write up so the other guys won't have to struggle with this.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
toycarchic;1136466 said:
Ken she is a beauty... I see y you sold yours to me now... :). congradulations and thanks again for all your help

I tried to tell people that the car you bought was the best deal I had seen in a while. I knew then that there was a reason he was selling, so I didn't think he was as crazy as others did.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
I don't know what you paid for the car, but there's no way that you paid too much for it. It's getting near impossible to find them in that great of shape any longer, it looks like it can be brought back to like new condition really easily. These cars are definitely worth restoring, they're becoming classics.

Trust me, that paint can buff to look brand new. Wash it with Soft Scrub to remove the oxidation, then do all 3 steps of Meguiars Deep Crystal System. Around $20 for all 3 bottles, but you have to wax the car fully 3 times. I will gaurantee you will get the results!

product_A2116.jpg

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Rajunz;1137314 said:
I don't know what you paid for the car, but there's no way that you paid too much for it. It's getting near impossible to find them in that great of shape any longer, it looks like it can be brought back to like new condition really easily. These cars are definitely worth restoring, they're becoming classics.

Trust me, that paint can buff to look brand new. Wash it with Soft Scrub to remove the oxidation, then do all 3 steps of Meguiars Deep Crystal System. Around $20 for all 3 bottles, but you have to wax the car fully 3 times. I will gaurantee you will get the results!

product_A2116.jpg

Ill have to try that system, seeing how your car looks amazing Rajunz :love:

ive only used Zaino from experiance.

If you choose this route youll need

this

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...Code=Z-PC&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=6

this

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2..._Code=Z-3&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=9

and this

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...Code=Z-6&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=11

or this

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...Code=Z-8&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=13

plus an orbital buffer and a few hours of your time.

Ive only used this system on Steven89's Supra so thats only one car so if there are others that have used it maybe they'll chime in and give their opinions

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
suprahero;1136987 said:
How could anyone ever want a different color on their supra than that?..............:love:

Gorgeous gorgeous car Ken.
i'll have to agree with jay here, it is a great color... but so is geroge's 92 and scott's old dark gray car.

Rajunz;1137314 said:

product_A2116.jpg

i use this method and my faded ass bumper comes out looking just like the rest of my car for a while. it does take me about 4 hours to wash and wax three times though.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Cycoclown;1137472 said:
me an u have the exact same car. just mine is targa, but other then that WE MATCH! lol. it looks really good.

If that's the case then, mine and yours should be identical.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Dave, my hardtop seals are in pretty good shape for now so I'll hold off on that ebay kit.:biglaugh:

Rajunz;1137314 said:

[thumb]http://www.meguiars.com/estore/products/product_A2116.jpg[/thumb]

Thanks Rajunz!!! I think I got my money's worth with this car. Other than maybe some MKIV wheels down the road, I want to keep its original appearance.

Question regarding the oxidation. The top of the car is oxidized and it has even started to chip. Can anything be done about it still or is it too late. The top of the drivers door just below the window is oxidizing too but no chipping. The owner waxed the car when he put it up for sale.

What is Soft Scrub? Seems familiar but can't quite place it...

Cycoclown;1137472 said:
me an u have the exact same car. just mine is targa, but other then that WE MATCH! lol. it looks really good.

You sir have a beautiful car :love:, even if it's a targa ;). Your's probably doesn't have the little dings and scratches mine has in it. They don't show up in the pictures.

noah89t;1137595 said:
i'll have to agree with jay here, it is a great color... but so is geroge's 92 and scott's old dark gray car.

i use this method and my faded ass bumper comes out looking just like the rest of my car for a while. it does take me about 4 hours to wash and wax three times though.

George has two of my highest ranking supras on the awesome scale! If I had the money a 2jz gte would be in my car too. RIP Scott's 90 Grey.

My rear bumper is faded out, I'll be giving that stuff a try for sure.

No I have a technical question for you guys. When I'm in reverse backing up I feel a slight grinding effect and then sometimes I'll feel and ever so slight vibration while decelerating, like going downhill. Driveshaft maybe? U-joints?