morganson's COP S-Type setup

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
nathaninwa;1989514 said:
Everything is ready. I have 10 plates total. 2 that need welded and the one hole redrilled. If your plan is to scotchbrite the plate I can send this one.

recap, shipping is 9xxxx is 11.00, 8-6xxxx is 12.00, 5-0xxxx is 13.00 my PP is natedogg at techline.com

Ill be including the plate, tube and some washers this time for spacing the coils if needed.

Plates are 28.00 plus 1.00 for the tube if your needing that.

Please put your screen name in PP and make sure there is an address somewhere.

I have so far.

Absolutespeed, 1 plate/tube/ paid.
Hewhoovercomes, 1 plate/tube/paid
trdmk3supra, 2 plates/2 tubes, quoted.
pete05, need to get shipping to Australia when I ship these
akito, 1 plate/tube.
super51fan, 1 plate/tube, 46064, 42.00 total
Eskimo, top mount from last group. no tube, paid.

Thats potential of 8 sold, so there are 2 left.

There are a couple that mentioned interest in this group, but its hard to filter through so many pages. If any get missed that did show interest, Ill cut them, but am going to take a break for bitso I can work on a few of my projects. If there is enough for another dozen or so, Ill make arrangements to make that happen tho.

Absolutespeed, 1 plate/tube/ paid. SHIPPED
Hewhoovercomes, 1 plate/tube/paid SHIPPED
trdmk3supra, 2 plates/2 tubes, quoted.
pete05, need to get shipping to Australia when I ship these SHIPPED
akito, 1 plate/tube.
super51fan, 1 plate/tube, 46064, 42.00 total
Eskimo, top mount from last group. no tube, paid. SHIPPED
86.5gteswap SHIPPED

This is up to date.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Try:
Clamping over the coil pack (obviously won't close fully)
Clamping the trigger wires to the pack
Use an old plug wire with male and female ends & temporarily place the coil off to the side, clamp the small section of wire.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
You can put the light over the group of wires to the coils. I do this on my LQ9 setup all the time.

As far as the plates go, let me get a recount tonight on them.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
The inductive clamp picks up the current in the triggering wires. Mine picks up the 0-5volt charge wire just fine. Works on the dyno too. We just clamp around the whole bundle (12+/ground/sensor ground and trigger)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You mean the bundle for plug #1? And wouldn't it be a bit off since the coil has to saturate after getting the trigger power?
Or am I nitpicking this?

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I have not forgotten about this guys, I have payment for one that needs to get out, just got sidetracked a little with somethings here at home.

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
I am very interested in this. I need a quote for a plate, tube and harness before shipping. Any chance you can cut holes near the coils so I can tuck the wires like was shown in a few pages back?

So, I would just need the coils and I'm good to go?

This looks amazing!!!

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Got my bracket today! Just the thing to cheer me up after almost loosing a finger yesterday.
Thanks Nathan, this thing looks great.

BabylonDown;1991666 said:
I am very interested in this. I need a quote for a plate, tube and harness before shipping. Any chance you can cut holes near the coils so I can tuck the wires like was shown in a few pages back?

So, I would just need the coils and I'm good to go?

This looks amazing!!!
You'll also need to get a harness to plug into the coils. You can make your own with the info provided or get Morganson to make you one.

Eskimo

Aug 16, 2011
Moscow Mills, MO
IM having issues with coil #4 it hits the valve cover bolt and wont fit under my intake tube. Has anyone else ran into this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I owe you guys some closeup pics.
Ill have them posted tomorrow. I undermounted my coils, replaced coil #5 with a DG528.
That allowed me to use the oem throttle cable bracket, by widening the original #5 mount hole.
The way i was able to tuck the harness, was by simply using a grinder to cut little notches down the edge of the plate.