morganson's COP S-Type setup

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Got my bracket yesterday! Looks great. will polish soon..

Morganson. How much would it be to get a harness with the OEM CPS plug shipped out to 72762? If your still making them. Thank you sir..

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
one of my projects took an evening longer than I had planned. So the next group of about 6 plates Ill be cutting Friday night or mid Saturday.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Did my harness today.

p1988372_1.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, i've been working a bit on this install, but I came to a speedbump- the throttle bracket assembly.
The problem is, that the post suport of the bracket assembly needs to occupy nearly the exact same place as the #5 coil's mounting tab.
I was having a hard time trying to figure out a way to shift the entire plate side ways enough to get both to fit. Didn't look like it was going to happen.
Then I started brainstorming the best way to modify the throttle bracket. I could just cut the post completely off, but it would require some sort of new support,
perhaps a mounting stud tapped into the valve cover. But as you my think, drilling into the valve cover isn't my favorite plan either. Then I realized; I had already come up with the solution before I even realized I had the problem: Enter DG528...

The 528 is identical, with two exceptions: The boot is shorter, but most importantly- The mounting tab is nearly 180 degrees away from the connector side, unlike the DG500.
See?

DG500

p1988558_1.jpg

DG528

p1988558_2.jpg

So, the only thing I have to do, is widen out the mounting hole for coil #5, so that it can be used for the bracket post.
Then I simply use a DG528 at plug #5, and dril/tap a mounting hole in the proper spot. Plus, the matching DG528 only cost me $15 shipped,
so I'm not out alot of money. I just wanted to describe all this, because I assume at least a couple other guys are mounting this with the oem bracket assembly,
and will run into the same dilemma. I'll post pics at the end of the week, when it's all done.

HeWhoOvercomes

Vrooom VROOOM
Apr 23, 2011
The Corner of Happy & Healthy
Is there any difference between the DG500 and the DG529 (not 528) besides the mounting point? Seeing that the #5 coil might interfere with the throttle linkage, and I want to use Dragon Fire, I was wondering if the 529 works with this mod.

Btw, what brand of coil are you using, Diego?

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
The body of the 529 is more like the 528 than the 500. However the diameter is the same. The problem you may face with those is interferance with the galley rises of one and three. If it helps any at all i just cut that one leg off my bracket altogether and left that one bolt out. It doesnt flex any due to its stamped design and i never had a problem with the coils on 5 or 6.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
HeWhoOvercomes;1988680 said:
Is there any difference between the DG500 and the DG529 (not 528) besides the mounting point? Seeing that the #5 coil might interfere with the throttle linkage, and I want to use Dragon Fire, I was wondering if the 529 works with this mod.

Btw, what brand of coil are you using, Diego?

Don't know about the 529. And I'm just using generic coils from Ebay.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Guys, there is no way Im going to the garage tonight. Its 25* out right now and wont be able to head down for about another 2 hours. Its supposed to be like 18* tonight.