morganson's COP S-Type setup

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I got these 8 all ground tonight and wiped down, all the tubes cut.

I have one that has a hole misplaced from the first run. Im going to weld it up and redrill, is there anyone going to scotch brite or paint there that could use this one?

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
First, I would like to thank Morganson and Nathan for you Ideas and design of this GREAT COP set up.

Nathan I would like a plate with tubes going to 46064.

And I will PM for the harness.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Everything is ready. I have 10 plates total. 2 that need welded and the one hole redrilled. If your plan is to scotchbrite the plate I can send this one.

recap, shipping is 9xxxx is 11.00, 8-6xxxx is 12.00, 5-0xxxx is 13.00 my PP is natedogg at techline.com

Ill be including the plate, tube and some washers this time for spacing the coils if needed.

Plates are 28.00 plus 1.00 for the tube if your needing that.

Please put your screen name in PP and make sure there is an address somewhere.

I have so far.

Absolutespeed, 1 plate/tube/ paid.
Hewhoovercomes, 1 plate/tube/paid
trdmk3supra, 2 plates/2 tubes, quoted.
pete05, need to get shipping to Australia when I ship these
akito, 1 plate/tube.
super51fan, 1 plate/tube, 46064, 42.00 total
Eskimo, top mount from last group. no tube, paid.

Thats potential of 8 sold, so there are 2 left.

There are a couple that mentioned interest in this group, but its hard to filter through so many pages. If any get missed that did show interest, Ill cut them, but am going to take a break for bitso I can work on a few of my projects. If there is enough for another dozen or so, Ill make arrangements to make that happen tho.

Last edited:

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
So the connectors came it today. And none of them work. Good news is i have two connector sets that look almost factory but are not. Good news is they take MT pins which are the factory pins so if you want to replace both sides of the connector then these will work. But i still have not solved the ever lasting question. Where can i get this cps connector!!!?? (Without pins)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Finished my install today, with harness tucked underneath.

p1989755_1.jpg

p1989755_2.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Does it matter what gauge wiring I use to make the harness? the wires I have are a bit thicker than the wires in the stock harness

edit: I just got some more wires of the same thickness.

Last edited:

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Here's another question, how firmly do the springs have to contact the spark plug? like pressed up against it or does the spring have to actually grasp the end of the spark plug?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I dont think they HAVE to clamp on to the plugs, but if they spark across a gap to the plug, then alot of the spark energy is lost, turning it into heat.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Yeah sounds about right. I tried the coils without the boots cut. The spring only slightly grips the end of the spark plug.

Also does it matter which terminal on the coils is used for power/ground? I read that technically it shouldn't but sometimes you can get a slightly stronger spark simply due to getting the electrons to jump easier (in this article: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/ignition/ig104.htm) I don't see any polarity markings on the dragonfire coils...