morganson's COP S-Type setup

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay i just got done swaping out my auto for an r154. So i got to run the car and now i can answer some questions. Those having issues with the coil hitting the valve cover. You have two things you can do. Slot the rear hole so the plate will move the 16th of an inch or clearance both the coil and the valve cover. If you take the valve cover off and grind the bolt ear at a 45 where the coil hits and then grind a hair off the corner of the coil.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I used a dg528 at cylinder #5.
But in retrospect, and in all truth, you can run all dg500's, and just cut down the length of the throttle backet's rear bolt post.
It really doesnt need to be bolted there for rigidity. I ended up not using a bolt there after all.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
I'll be a few weeks before cutting more plates. I'm doing some work on my car and have a pretty tight schedule for a car show I attend each year.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Cool. I was wanting to ask if you were making more plates. I'm in. Do you want me to pm you now or wait until you make an announcement.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

BloodRayne7M

Jan 28, 2014
in that area
morganson;1987789 said:
$60 for the factory plug, $50 for the weatherpack. Thats shipped to anywhere in the united states.

Are you still making the sub-harness by chance? I am wanting the factory style connector. I want to make sure I understand this properly, its $60 for the whole sub-harness?

On a side note, what brand coils are you guys running? I know I need the DG-500 coils, but I don't exactly want to spend half a paycheck buying coils.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
I was wondering how well this plate fits the 2jz I also have the coils from the 04 for escape 3.0 can someone confirm the this is the correct coil to do the mod and I also wanted to say thanks to everyone that is and has been involved with this cop mod.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
BloodRayne7M;2000812 said:
Are you still making the sub-harness by chance? I am wanting the factory style connector. I want to make sure I understand this properly, its $60 for the whole sub-harness?

On a side note, what brand coils are you guys running? I know I need the DG-500 coils, but I don't exactly want to spend half a paycheck buying coils.

Ebay coils. ~$75 for all 6.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Are you getting the 12v charge to the coil from battery or alt... or using the power from harness and the second question is if pulling power from battery or alt... supply a better or more stable charge to the coil if wiring that way is possible.

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
BloodRayne7M;2000812 said:

Yeah man. Still making harness. Factory plug?

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
KKZ SupraMan;2001056 said:
Are you getting the 12v charge to the coil from battery or alt... or using the power from harness and the second question is if pulling power from battery or alt... supply a better or more stable charge to the coil if wiring that way is possible.

Power to the coils is supplied by the 12v feed for the ignitor straight from the ecu.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
From what I am picking up there is barely enough time to charge the coils which would make higher boost applications very hard to use this setup I know grim is working on true cop I was thinking something in between what about duel igniters one for 123 and a second for 456 grim if you have any in site on this I think you would be the one to figure this out

Attachments

• DSCF1864Large.jpeg
    DSCF1864Large.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 58

BloodRayne7M

Jan 28, 2014
in that area
morganson;2001064 said:
Yeah man. Still making harness. Factory plug?

Yes sir. That makes my life easier having a pre-made harness using the factory four wire plug like the one that is on the cps. What is your paypal info?

Also, I am looking at getting Flebay coils. Any particular seller offer better coils over another? I don't want to spend $60 on cheap coils the first time only to have to spend another $150 on good coils the second time.

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
BloodRayne7M;2001451 said:
Yes sir. That makes my life easier having a pre-made harness using the factory four wire plug like the one that is on the cps. What is your paypal info?

Also, I am looking at getting Flebay coils. Any particular seller offer better coils over another? I don't want to spend $60 on cheap coils the first time only to have to spend another $150 on good coils the second time.

I will pm you info. Also im running fleabay coils with no problem. Running for several months now at 11psi. true you get what you pay for and the accel coils or dragons would be ideal but this was built to be a cheap upgrade beyond the IS coils. Not to mention its sexy... invest in strong coils and it will perform that much better.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
AbsoluteSpeed;2001433 said:
How would that work with waste spark?
yes with wasted spark but instead of charge g 6 coils each ignitor charges and fires 3 coils can some one who knows more about this system chime in on this please

Last edited:

Terry steward

Oct 18, 2007
benfleet essex
I have just bought an HKS Twinpower DLi from what i can deduce the 3 Yellow wires all Fire at the same time,so it doesnt matter which yellow wire is Connected to which of the Three Coils,,is that right ?