mkiii supra in turbo magazine!!!!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I read the article, and saw the pics and there was something that was driving me NUTS, but I forget...

OH! I remember now... The clamps!!! Good god man, you put all that money into that car and you use WORM clamps on your couplers and not T-bolts? Also, the other thing that just REALLY confuse the hell outta me: no mention of the custom front face intake... NOT ONE MENTION OF IT! That alone is the single biggest eye catcher... Anyone who knows anything about the 7M will immediately notice, HEY! The intake is different... But not one mention of it... Even in the description section, where it lists all the mods: NO MENTION OF THE FFI! Who made it? How much? etc etc etc....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Alpinesupra said:
o ok got ya, will i say i thought it was the euro's way of measuring whp cause they put them on those funny dyno's that you would hook up to the wheels hubs......but i stand corrected.

-sean

Right,

because dynapack dynos only exist in Europe.

:hsugh:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
TheRemedy said:
About 5 years ago or so there was a white mk3 supra with a carbon hood and stock mk4 wheels in either super street or sports compact...does anyone have that issuie...or the link to that car? it was really nice

HAhaha...nice.

Duane - Does it make you feel good when people say stuff like this? I would feel so accomplished if i got in a magazine and people admired my car. They like my car now but I only have toyota to thank for that....

well...i got it running again but still i didn't design it and its still slow. :biglaugh:

I think this new car is pretty neat, maybe its not what my favorite is but its neat to see something different. Who knows, maybe to those who don't own an mkIII that styling looks cool? but whatever it still makes good rep for the mkIII and its a nice car. buttmuffler or not :sarcasm:

so the user who owns this car - is he on these boards? i took a look and didnt see his username. does he post anywhere? he would probably like to see this thread....I would if it were me.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Seen the mag about two or three days ago, didn't even bother to read the cover and flipped through pages, seen the MKIII and went crazy! What made me go even more crazy was that it had a 7M. Congrats to the guy, I hope they'll be more MKIII's in mags in the future.....But yeah anyone have a pic of the issue where Duane's car was on the front cover rolling with a red NSX and some other cars? Man, that was one of the best looking covers I've ever seen! Bad Freakin Ass!! Forgot what the other cars were.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
Reign_Maker said:
no mention of the custom front face intake... NOT ONE MENTION OF IT! That alone is the single biggest eye catcher... Anyone who knows anything about the 7M will immediately notice, HEY! The intake is different... But not one mention of it... Even in the description section, where it lists all the mods: NO MENTION OF THE FFI! Who made it? How much? etc etc etc....

if you asked me it looks like the greddy intake thats made for the mk4's so either there was copys made that fit our cars that only they know about or they took a greddy unit and modded it to fit our cars. . . . but thats what it looks like to me.

-sean

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Supra28 said:
Seen the mag about two or three days ago, didn't even bother to read the cover and flipped through pages, seen the MKIII and went crazy! What made me go even more crazy was that it had a 7M. Congrats to the guy, I hope they'll be more MKIII's in mags in the future.....But yeah anyone have a pic of the issue where Duane's car was on the front cover rolling with a red NSX and some other cars? Man, that was one of the best looking covers I've ever seen! Bad Freakin Ass!! Forgot what the other cars were.

You're talking about the SCC issue with Duane featured in the article of the "Old School" cars running the road course at Willow Springs.
I've got the issue somewhere, but I'd have to find it!

I just know that he had the highest MPH on the long strech of Willow Springs...:biglaugh:

-Jeff

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
Boost Lee said:
You're talking about the SCC issue with Duane featured in the article of the "Old School" cars running the road course at Willow Springs.
I've got the issue somewhere, but I'd have to find it!

I just know that he had the highest MPH on the long strech of Willow Springs...:biglaugh:

-Jeff
i have that mag too.they could have taken a better pic of duane's motor.probably the sickest looking bay of all the car's they had,even thought it was his old set-up.
this car has some nice stuff on it for sure,but there will alway's be little detail's people don't like

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
anyone want me to take some high-res photos so you can read the article? i wouldn't mind finding it i haven't read it in a while...

tsuper92 said:
this car has some nice stuff on it for sure,but there will alway's be little detail's people don't like

which, hopefully...will make the owner come back bigger and better with more refined things ;)

I personally think it's a neat change. i'm not sure what i think really i'd like to see it in person. photos don't usually do justice.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
HA HA , thanks :) It's nice for others to think the Supra is nice. Here is a picture of the front cover of SCC. I don't have any hi res pics right now.

and yes we need more MKIII's in mags and it seems to be happening more often these days! :icon_bigg

Fastest on the straight away and I was the ONLY car that had "true" street tires mounted.

Duane

p835594_1.jpg

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
upgradedsupra said:
WOW I still have that mag! I saw a ma70 on it and said no f%@&in way. Have to admit it was the first time in a long time I had seen our car in a mag let alone front cover. If only my car was worthy:cry:

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
That magazine taught me about and made me want a galant vr-4. and a 3000gt if the thing had run right for the showcase. but the galant was new to me at the time. i think i got this mag on accident before i got a supra and then realized the coolness of the supra after i read through the mag after buying a supra.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Figit090 said:
That magazine taught me about and made me want a galant vr-4. and a 3000gt if the thing had run right for the showcase.
Next to Duane's Supra, my next fav car in that issue was the EVO III... I loved what he did with that thing...

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
That has to be the straightest exhaust I have seen. Love the exhaust but wouldn't hurt if it was tilted and a little more towards the side