mkiii supra in turbo magazine!!!!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
TheRemedy said:
About 5 years ago or so there was a white mk3 supra with a carbon hood and stock mk4 wheels in either super street or sports compact...does anyone have that issuie...or the link to that car? it was really nice

This car? You check it out at www.gtepowered.com under the 7M section (Duane Stephens)

p819907_1.jpg

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Eitherway the guy's got more power than me, props to him! :D

The exhaust aint that bad.... if he had twin int he middle even better... I've seen it on plenty of muscle cars but they need to be smoked black not that polish tip look and then its nothing but tough.

While we're at it, Duane mind sparing me say an additional +100rwhp? :sarcasm:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
What issue is this Supra featured in? I need to go a magazine store now. :icon_surp

***....spoke too soon. :) Grabbing the issue first thing tomorrow! :)

Exhaust is....well....there. But the rest of the car I golf applaud.

:icon_bigg

-Jeff

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
ive got the mag, and here are a few things you guys need to know. . . . .

571bhp is brake horsepower which i believe is at the wheels iirc. .
yes he has a fuel cell thats why the exhaust goes straight down the middle (more room)
and master power turbos are good units, they were bought out by garrett a few years back just as a fyi, and the fetured turbo is master powers version of the gt45 which was around before the garrett gt45 iirc and that turbo is a 66mm inducer compressor wheel and a 90 or 100mm exducer wheel with a 1.05 ehxuast housing. . . this turbo made 930bhp off another supra it came from.. a pretty potent unit if you ask me. .

thanks
-sean

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Alpinesupra said:

yes he has a fuel cell thats why the exhaust goes straight down the middle (more room)
and master power turbos are good units, they were bought out by garrett a few years back just as a fyi, and the fetured turbo is master powers version of the gt45 which was around before the garrett gt45 iirc and that turbo is a 66mm inducer compressor wheel and a 90 or 100mm exducer wheel with a 1.05 ehxuast housing. . . this turbo made 930bhp off another supra it came from.. a pretty potent unit if you ask me. .

thanks
-sean

i'm pretty sure bhp's at the crank. whp is at the wheels.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
BHP usually makes reference to crank or "base" horsepower.

With magazines, and them making the assumption that not ALL readers know terminology, they usually say XXXhp *AT THE WHEELS*...

So, If he's throwing out a figure of 571BHP, I'd say he had it engine dynamometered. :D

-Jeff

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Alpinesupra said:

thanks
-sean

As I stated already, BHP is CRANK hp not wheel. My car was in Japanese performance and they said 800BHP on the cover and feature page. (I had 620 rear wheel hp at the time) I asked Ian why it was 800BHP and he said because it is crank hp. He is the writer for the mag and he is also from the UK where they generally use BHP as crank.

Anyway, the car is different and it what makes us all unique :)

Duane

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
upgradedsupra said:
As I stated already, BHP is CRANK hp not wheel. My car was in Japanese performance and they said 800BHP on the cover and feature page. (I had 620 rear wheel hp at the time) I asked Ian why it was 800BHP and he said because it is crank hp. He is the writer for the mag and he is also from the UK where they generally use BHP as crank.

Anyway, the car is different and it what makes us all unique :)

Duane

o ok got ya, will i say i thought it was the euro's way of measuring whp cause they put them on those funny dyno's that you would hook up to the wheels hubs......but i stand corrected.

-sean