mkiii supra in turbo magazine!!!!

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Ha, not unusual for Supe's and other IRS and manual tranny cars.
It used to be a joke and laughing matter at the drag strip few yr's ago; "Show me a 800hp Supra, and I'll show you a 13sec car". :)

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
i ran mid 14 with 230hp, and that was when i was just learning to drive manual. 13's with 300 more hp worries me a little. Im stil glad he got the magazine. I saw the cover last night a books a million and was like holy ish, read the aricle like 5 times and been telling everyone to pick it up.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
It is a little sad that some people have problems getting good times with big power.

I think it also has something to do with the larger turbos that they are running. When the hit full boost, they hit hard, causing the tires to break loose.

I guess that's why it's easier to run 11's in an Upgraded CT making HP in the mid 400's :dunno:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
BlackDevilSupra said:
Ha, not unusual for Supe's and other IRS and manual tranny cars.
It used to be a joke and laughing matter at the drag strip few yr's ago; "Show me a 800hp Supra, and I'll show you a 13sec car". :)

IRS?

Is this partially because humans shift relatively slow?

The big turbo thing kinda stinks... what about two medium-sized twins?

Is it common to upgrade twins on a 1j or 2j so they boost sooner and don't hit with such a bang, or come on separately (sequential?), but still yield high horsepower? I think it would be cool to have a HUGE cat-eating turbo but if it hits so hard you can't control the car on boost...what's the point?

I've never even driven a turbo so that gives you an idea where i'm coming from. videos and understanding of the basics are all i have to go by.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Figit090 said:
IRS?

Is this partially because humans shift relatively slow?

The big turbo thing kinda stinks... what about two medium-sized twins?

Is it common to upgrade twins on a 1j or 2j so they boost sooner and don't hit with such a bang, or come on separately (sequential?), but still yield high horsepower? I think it would be cool to have a HUGE cat-eating turbo but if it hits so hard you can't control the car on boost...what's the point?

I've never even driven a turbo so that gives you an idea where i'm coming from. videos and understanding of the basics are all i have to go by.

IRS = independent rear suspension. As opposed to a solid axle.

A twin setup by nature doesn't hit as hard as a similarly sized single. In general, twins will spool a little later but give a more linear curve. A single will give you a little more powerband though.

Read here for a little more info. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=847805&postcount=27