MKIII full resto and 2JZGTE swap

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
We can build a mould pretty much as big as we want. CNC router. My buddy does this for a living. We're going to use epoxy infusion method to make very light but very strong fiberglass quarters. I'll then blend them in to the existing sheet metal.

As far as cost? Let's just say I don't have a budget in mind. That being said, I do realize this is an old car and I don't want to spend a fortune on it. If I had to set a budget, I would say under $20,000. I'm doing everything my self, with the exception of a few things like the rear quarters, so it just comes down to the cost of the parts.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
For the undercoating, I believe what I did when I was working in the rear wheel wells was took a propane torch and cooked the coating, then it basically flaked off with a big ole nasty wire wheel. Fun times.... -_-

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
Backlash2032;1989585 said:
For the undercoating, I believe what I did when I was working in the rear wheel wells was took a propane torch and cooked the coating, then it basically flaked off with a big ole nasty wire wheel. Fun times.... -_-

That stuff is nasty! Caught some if it on fire welding in a patch. But yeah, after it just flaked right off.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Yes it is lol. That is the sole reason I looked for MONTHS for a rust free shell. Did not want to do that again anytime in the near future...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
looking good my man id do the same if i had the room! if you need any parts leme know

TMMCSupra

Oct 2, 2010
Waterloo, Ontario
#04;1978393 said:
I used 4 different knives, 2-wood carving, 1-skinning, and a shoe cobblers tool, to scrap it off, then once %85 removed a light touch of the wire wheel to remove left overs

leaving just the electro-green coating... then epoxy, then rocker-guard (less texture than gravel guard) then epoxy again, for desired colour.

I'm only out in Elmira... if you need a new supra buddy..../inspiration, (the last part i am always searching for)

You're in Elmira? I just noticed as I was reading through again. You don't live on the highway on the way out do you? I always see a MKII parked out front. I would love to come and see your car sometime.