May 2010 Meet

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1409071 said:
Ok Chief ^^ Meet Specific

I have been tossing a few ideas around concering the shirts and vendor participation.

If we were to contact the active vendors on this site. Ask if they would be interested in attending, ( I know, a long shot). Short of attending, ask if they would be interested in having their names listed as a sponsor on the shirts.

It is good Adv for them, and it just may pay for the shirts to be made. If the meet co ordinators would like I will be happy to contact them and report back with my findings.

If not, no biggie.

I think that is a great idea. Mark if you don't mind working on that, it would be awsome! could you hit Tanya up and ask for some ideas and if she might come up w/ something. It would be great if she put her logo on it. If we go ahead w/ this shop there logo could be on the shirt as well.

Last edited:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Jordan

Expect a PM in a few days. In order to make this vendor thing happen we need to have a plan. I will work on the foundation of it the next couple of days.

I have looked briefly at the Misc Vendors section. I see Seth is doing his FFIM's there. Seems that he should get first shot as one of the Vendors.

I would say much of it depends on our presentation to them. That presentation is something we as a group are not prepared to do as yet. Meaning, we have the when, but do not have the where, and the specifics of the where.

As one member here has already said. Nothing wrong with walking strongly before we run. Just depends on how strongly we do in fact desire to walk next May 15.

Glad we are stirring the pot now, much to do, much to do.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
OK let me throw this out here. I met a guy who MAY be able to get us some REAL sponsors... like Scion or Toyota... I would like to get all of your responses to this idea before I waste His time and mine Trying to organize somethiing Nobody wants to participate in.

In order to generate the SIZE of event I have in mind, I think It would be wise to Incorporate or meet into a Toyota/Lexus/Scion EVENT. I dont know about the rest of you out there, but I don't intended on this being only a Supra Meet at a dyno shop so we can all strut around with our EGO's on the dynomameter !!! This meet is NOT about "my penis is bigger than yours" .
It should be " We are all TOYOTAS hear us ROAR " ! Any way, I think we need to be realistic, there just arent THAT many Supras on the east coast, Or at least the following is not as large as the Left coast. Incorporating the other makes into the event is what will be a deciding factor as to wether or not this is gonna be just a LOCAL meet, or a NATIONAL meet.

My Dream is to be on the map the way "Supras invade Las Vegas" is. :love:

Why? does the west coast get all the attention? ! I Think its time for that to change. We could be the pioneers of such a thing !!
Call me a dreamer if you wish but " Without a Dream a man shall Perish "

Please chime in as to weather or not your on board with this IDEA.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1409246 said:
Jordan

Expect a PM in a few days. In order to make this vendor thing happen we need to have a plan. I will work on the foundation of it the next couple of days.

I have looked briefly at the Misc Vendors section. I see Seth is doing his FFIM's there. Seems that he should get first shot as one of the Vendors.

I would say much of it depends on our presentation to them. That presentation is something we as a group are not prepared to do as yet. Meaning, we have the when, but do not have the where, and the specifics of the where.

As one member here has already said. Nothing wrong with walking strongly before we run. Just depends on how strongly we do in fact desire to walk next May 15.

Glad we are stirring the pot now, much to do, much to do.

Walking before running... is def a must.

White Zombie;1409355 said:
OK let me throw this out here. I met a guy who MAY be able to get us some REAL sponsors... like Scion or Toyota... I would like to get all of your responses to this idea before I waste His time and mine Trying to organize somethiing Nobody wants to participate in.

In order to generate the SIZE of event I have in mind, I think It would be wise to Incorporate or meet into a Toyota/Lexus/Scion EVENT. I dont know about the rest of you out there, but I don't intended on this being only a Supra Meet at a dyno shop so we can all strut around with our EGO's on the dynomameter !!! This meet is NOT about "my penis is bigger than yours" .
It should be " We are all TOYOTAS hear us ROAR " ! Any way, I think we need to be realistic, there just arent THAT many Supras on the east coast, Or at least the following is not as large as the Left coast. Incorporating the other makes into the event is what will be a deciding factor as to wether or not this is gonna be just a LOCAL meet, or a NATIONAL meet.

My Dream is to be on the map the way "Supras invade Las Vegas" is. :love:

Why? does the west coast get all the attention? ! I Think its time for that to change. We could be the pioneers of such a thing !!
Call me a dreamer if you wish but " Without a Dream a man shall Perish "

Please chime in as to weather or not your on board with this IDEA.

We can't get past our selves. Talking to vendors when we don't even have a location locked down isn't smart. Having Toyota or Scion as a sponser would be great and Im all about "Going big or go home" thing but lets give Papa Mark a couple weeks to work on the in house sponsers 1st. We do have enough time for that. 1 step at a time

-Lets give Seth a little time to get a logo
-If Tanya is going to make the shirts, put her logo on there plus showing up would be great
-Might even get Wes to come down w/ the Ohio crew from Beech performance
-Give a few weeks for other members to come up w/ ideas etc...

Real vendors? Seth, Tonya and other vendors on the forum are real vendors... Im sure you didnt mean it like that though. I know I still love you uncle Mark:naughty:

Yes I agree w/ gathering of all Toyotas. Thats why at our local meet out of our 16 or so we had 4 Sc guys which could easily grow into 10 more just locally. When Glenn and I threw a local meet last year we had 4 IS guys show up by word of mouth. You kinda have to admit when any car entusiast hears anything about a Supra they flock:biglaugh: Which takes me to my next point...
If we plan on throwing a meet at this place we need to make sure it can hold Toyotas/Lexus/ and Scion if we are going that big...From the pics I think we can fill the lot w/ just supras period...

When Glenn and I 1st started talking about any of our meets we always include the other models of Toyota anyway... Always! There's Supras on the "Right Coast" we just got to go dig em out uncle Mark...

Last edited:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Lol I am really enjoying how this is playing out! I know quite a few Scion crews who would enjoy hanging out and dynoing, not to mention the non-ricer other models that WILL show up. I mean, c'mon... It's a group of supras... As soon as an enthusiast drives by, they make a call/text, and the whole of Hampton Roads knows about it. Lol I would definitely like to keep it around the Toyota/Lexus/Scion crowd, because I know for a fact that if the local car meets hear of this, we will be over-run by other makes. Like I said, not that I mind, but we didn't exactly start this as an 'all-for-one' car show :biglaugh: It could easily grow much larger, with DJ and taking up a pavilion and such, but like Mark and Jordan point out, walking comes before '0-60 in 1.5'... :sarcasm:

Wait wait....I don't think we can incorporate scions just yet...Most I've met so far are dicks or ricers. Sc's are always in along with any other lexus, but scions? really? Idk, we'll have to talk more about this.

Also, I've talked to seth about coming out. He said he'll be there unless something comes up. I'll see if he's willing to go out there as a vendor or something.

Last edited:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
White_Zombie - Good luck with your event. These can be a lot of work... but also a LOT of fun!

When I started SILV I had no idea where to start. My first goal was to be the Largest Supra event on the planet! We reached that goal in just three years.

I'd question that estimate of 20 cars on the dyno in a day. For SILV we got through 30 before lunch (1pm) one year (an average of a car every 8.5 minutes with two pulls each). Let them know that the faster they can get cars in and out... the more money they make. Help them out by collecting the money and having participants sign the waiver when they get on the list. Have two cars ready to go (one ready to pull in to the shop and one warming up) while the current car is on the rollers.

You might even offer a slightly lower rate for the first 20 cars and then a bonus if they hit 30 in a day - or something like that. Incentivize them. :)

If you are going to invite other clubs to join (Scion, Lexus, etc) be sure to have someone from that club on your team helping plan and coordinate. It will just be easier that way.

Good luck guys!

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
KeithH;1409843 said:
White_Zombie - Good luck with your event. These can be a lot of work... but also a LOT of fun!

When I started SILV I had no idea where to start. My first goal was to be the Largest Supra event on the planet! We reached that goal in just three years.

I'd question that estimate of 20 cars on the dyno in a day. For SILV we got through 30 before lunch (1pm) one year (an average of a car every 8.5 minutes with two pulls each). Let them know that the faster they can get cars in and out... the more money they make. Help them out by collecting the money and having participants sign the waiver when they get on the list. Have two cars ready to go (one ready to pull in to the shop and one warming up) while the current car is on the rollers.

You might even offer a slightly lower rate for the first 20 cars and then a bonus if they hit 30 in a day - or something like that. Incentivize them. :)

If you are going to invite other clubs to join (Scion, Lexus, etc) be sure to have someone from that club on your team helping plan and coordinate. It will just be easier that way.

Good luck guys!

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas

I appreciate the insight Keith... we are gonna take this slow and let it grow by itself. In 3 years I hope to have a East Coast Supra's meet the size of yours:naughty:

Thanks again...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
When I started SILV there was only one other big, multi-day, event happening on an annual basis - the Mid-Atlantic Meet. Unfortunately that event has long since died.

One of my other goals with SILV was to spark other events around the country/world. I am always happy to see new people pick up and run with an idea.

I will help out however I can. I may not always have all the answers. Perhaps we can both help each other put together a bigger event.

applesauce - that is a mighty ambitious goal. We had just over 200 Supras at the Show-and-Shine at SILV08. Pretty good considering the next 9 closest events were also SILV events. :) It should be possible though.

If you build it they will come.

Keith

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
All I can say is WoW . Awesome feedback! im glad you chimed in Keith. We will always appreciate some help from you. Thanks for the tip on the dyno, but for all I know the guy was just giving me a number to keep his profit in check. If he Knows he has 20 cars he knows hes made his bill for the day, ya know.

Yes Jordan, I didn't mean it like that about Seth an them. I just meant Vendors bigger than local thats all. I totally agree with you on locking the locals in First. Then go to the big guns.:bigun2: ( Walking before Running )

And yes this shop was just the first feeler anyway. Im sure there are other places that can hold the number of cars we'll have. They may even have better prices . Actually I think the event should be in VA Beach . It is the largest city in VA.

BTW if I came off sounding harsh in my last post. I didn't intend to. (as some one mentioned)(doush bag) I was just tryin to be sure that we were all on the same page about the future of this gathering. Peoples feelings can get hurt , and friendships lost when there are expectations of others that arent met. Did that come out right ? It makes sense in my head.

See you guys at Dustins going away party tomorrow !!:biglaugh:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
KeithH;1410540 said:
I know they had a few Mid-Atlantic meets before they quit. Back in 96/97 they were drawing about 70 Supras.

Im sure nobody would have a problem w/ starting over... I dont see any Mid-Atlantic Meets going down now. I dont knoww what number they left off at so im gonna start from scratch:naughty: