May 2010 Meet

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
UPDATE

The 2010 2nd Annual MidAtlanticYota's in MAY sponsored by MRSO

Date: Saturday May 22, 2010 Rainout date is in effect!!!
Rainout Date: June 12th if it rains this day, oh well bring your rain jackets!!!

1701 South Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320

Time: 11am-7pm/Sundown

I will be updating this post weekly so please keep up. There is still alot of work that needs to be done. Most of all I need a list of people attending PM me or email at supedup_1@yahoo.com
There will be a Judged car show, Door prizes, Dyno, Food, Music, etc.

Our goal is 100 cars, Mostly supra's but this link and info will be going out to supraforums, Lexus and MR2 forums also. "Toyota Sports Car Enthusiast" is key here.

All Aspects in Chesapeake, VA will be the Dyno location.
$45 3 pulls is the group rate. I just need 20 cars so please sign up and send me a PM or post in the thread. I need to know by May 1st

20% off any Toyota parts purchased/ordered on meet day.
1. Applesauce (VA) Dyno
2. White Zombie (VA) Dyno
3. s000pra89T (VA)
4. soundslikesemi87 (VA) Dyno
5. Nghty89 (VA) Dyno
6. forcefedsupra (Korea/VA)
7. Sc3757 (VA)
8. wadadlidp (MD)
9. Scott60999 (VA)
10. Carter (OH)
11. Suprajjang (VA)
12. MRSUPRA (MD) Dyno
13. 91supran/a (VA)
14. aye mate (MD)
15. Needboost (VA)
16. gennro (VA)
17. fohead (KY)
18. Chambers (MD)
19. Davismj711 (PA)
20. 88redma70 (VA)
21. D7MSUPRA (VA)
22. Drake69 (VA)
23. kamikazemklll (NC)
24. Athena (NC)
25. yota8791 (VA) Dyno
26. nytefire (VA)
27. EverAfter (VA)
28. CrossOver (VA)
29. rabrownmk (VA)
30. dizzuque
31. Jordan Robinson
32. Ted kooij

CELICASUPRAS.COM
1) 80's Toy Nut
2) youngertoynut
3) 7mkii?
4) xr4man
5) wnbhansen
6) My Daughter (with her FX-16)
7) Muchbzy
8) Smittey's Supra
9) mavrick666999 (maybe)
10) Donkey 2 (maybe)

Last edited:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
For many of us May 9th should be out as it is Mothers Day.

My Mom is no longer Earth bound, but Dawns is still here and we usually head to Harrisburg that weekend.

Not sure about Memorial Day weekend either, how bad is the traffic ? If it did get set for that weekend I would still be there, but I do hate sitting still on an interstate. ^^

Jordan, you and Glenn had some good thoughts on the West Coast seeming to dominate the BIG Supra meets. VA Beach would be a great venue for many East Coast Supra owners to consider. So once plans are set, posting in other sections and other forums will be needed.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Im leaning towards May 15th, middle of the month. I would never do anything that has to do w/ traveling around here on a Holiday people go:eek:ffwall:...
And it will be nice enough to catch some:: sunshine ::

The dyno day that uncle mark suggested is the one I'm leaning towards so far. People just have to have a desire to find out what their poop makes. I know the mkii crowd is down for anything again. However, the lynnhaven AIK should be open by then....Hmmm decisions decisions

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
soundslikesemi87;1400140 said:
The dyno day that uncle mark suggested is the one I'm leaning towards so far. People just have to have a desire to find out what their poop makes. I know the mkii crowd is down for anything again. However, the lynnhaven AIK should be open by then....Hmmm decisions decisions

The AIK is something we can do together as locals. Maybe one day we will meet up there. But as far as the 2nd Annual Mideast Region Meet, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I know Dustin has not chimmed in yet concerning the date. Lets make sure he will be back from S.Korea.

The sooner the date is decided the better it will be for me, I can then save a few $$$ by getting my reservations at Va Beach early.

I am on my 5th wek of waiting for my parts from Champion Toyota. Will then start doing my urethane bushing and alignment cam bolt replacement. Lower ball joints and possibly a new Toyota rack.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1402845 said:
I know Dustin has not chimmed in yet concerning the date. Lets make sure he will be back from S.Korea.

The sooner the date is decided the better it will be for me, I can then save a few $$$ by getting my reservations at Va Beach early.

I am on my 5th wek of waiting for my parts from Champion Toyota. Will then start doing my urethane bushing and alignment cam bolt replacement. Lower ball joints and possibly a new Toyota rack.

All that sounds great! I cant wait to check that out, you have to keep us updated on the progress.

I will be working on the braking system and rear suspension over the winter break. I just want to clean up everything thats going to be seen through the wheels:naughty: Now I kinda wish I would have kept that BBK to fill the wheel up. I think I jumped to soon w/ selling that thing:nono: I just wanted to keep the OEM look.

I will make sure Dustin post about the date we are thinking about.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
It's quite a ways in advance, but when you folks decide on the definitives,
I'd be more than happy to Sticky this for you. :)

PS: Why don't you guys get Scott Hennessey back in a Supra for crying out loud. ;)

Jeff

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
We would def appreciate a sticky!

Scott is still around, we hear from him every so often. He's having fun w/ his Silvia:naughty:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Well, I do know that All Aspect Motorsports has a very accurate dyno, and they give good discounts for Dyno Days. Not to mention the guys there have always been good from what I've seen.
They are located on Battlefield Blvd, near Mount Pleasant, so they are out there. It would be a good location to cruise to from, say, Lynnhaven Mall. As for the date, I think the 15th of May sounds great so far.
I will definitely have my maroon beauty ready waaay before then. And do it right this time.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I will tread off topic for a word of wisdom.

nghty, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person, but I am certain that you will in fact be at the meet in May.

Here is what I have gathered from following your posts concerning your previous builds. It seems that perhaps you set your goals far too high initially.

Instead of planning to build the ultimate MK III why not do it in steps? Take care of what "NEEDS" done first. Then move on to the mods you wish to undertake.

Setting goals that are too high is an indication of youth and eagerness. Nothing wrong with it, other than the fact that the goal is seldom reached. Set the goal lower, do it right.

We all must walk before we can run ^^

Good luck with your new ride, see you in May.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA

Of course we all walk before we run. And those of us that try it in reverse do tend to fall. My comment was not meant as 'the ultimate mkiii', but more as a running correctly mkiii. Don't worry, I understand my mistake with the 89. It was a good/bad idea. And trading it was one of the most idiotic things to do. But starting it in the first place was probably a worse idea, versus doing a clean 7m and taking it in steps. :nono:

Let's just say I've changed from the point when I began with my first supra. As for the nova, it runs, and I decided to leave it because it gets me around until it is sold or the supra is running.

Now, of course I take constructive criticism in stride because it is necessary to understand what we did wrong and how to fix it, but for the sake of the thread.. can we please keep my personal failures and advice to pm's? :sarcasm: The embarrassment and self-criticism is enough to keep me from repeats of my past. :biglaugh:

And of course I look forward to meeting all of you that I missed at any previous meets due to a heavy work schedule. :icon_bigg

So, any thoughts on my suggestion of All Aspects and the long-ish cruising route there?

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Nghty89;1404094 said:

Of course we all walk before we run. And those of us that try it in reverse do tend to fall. My comment was not meant as 'the ultimate mkiii', but more as a running correctly mkiii. Don't worry, I understand my mistake with the 89. It was a good/bad idea. And trading it was one of the most idiotic things to do. But starting it in the first place was probably a worse idea, versus doing a clean 7m and taking it in steps. :nono:

Let's just say I've changed from the point when I began with my first supra. As for the nova, it runs, and I decided to leave it because it gets me around until it is sold or the supra is running.

Now, of course I take constructive criticism in stride because it is necessary to understand what we did wrong and how to fix it, but for the sake of the thread.. can we please keep my personal failures and advice to pm's? :sarcasm: The embarrassment and self-criticism is enough to keep me from repeats of my past. :biglaugh:

And of course I look forward to meeting all of you that I missed at any previous meets due to a heavy work schedule. :icon_bigg

So, any thoughts on my suggestion of All Aspects and the long-ish cruising route there?

We will think about All Aspects... We already have another shop in mind plus location.

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I am coming back from S. Korea on March 26th. That will hopefully give me enough time to finish my 1UZ swap, with some help from friends. I think a dyno is a good idea and maybe go somewhere else afterward.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Which shop Apple?

Sounds good Dustin, good luck out there. If you need help, I actually have learned a thing or two you know. Then again, Josh wouldn't have his car together and almost ready to run if I didnt... :sarcasm:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Nghty89;1404452 said:
Which shop Apple?

Sounds good Dustin, good luck out there. If you need help, I actually have learned a thing or two you know. Then again, Josh wouldn't have his car together and almost ready to run if I didnt... :sarcasm:

A place out Yorktown. We got it under control... Mark has a link to that shop so we are going to try and work that. If plans change on location, we will def use All Aspects as a start.
Im hoping we get appreciate
Davismj711;1404596 said:
Jordan and Glenn

I wish I could help out more with the planning, but the territory is not known to me. I do wish more would chime in on the Date though.

Its cool man. We appreciate everything you do.