May 2010 Meet

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
And now a word from Uncle Mark .....

Unfortunatly I've been too busy to contact the proper people to give some more clarity to the Location, Type of Event layout, etc...
I promise I will get with these people this week and try to at least get a YES or NO on the dyno info.
Jordan Im glad you began this post, we are heading in the right direction with the early start !

Mark your help will be appreciated... Hopfully this will turn into a EAST COAST thing, and not just a local thing. So if you have contacts in PA. then now is the time to warn them !! :evil2:

Boost LEE, a sticky will be great once we get all the details in order !!!

Any way, the first meet IMHO was a great sucess. We learned alot and have alot more to learn.....

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
White Zombie;1404873 said:
And now a word from Uncle Mark .....

Unfortunatly I've been too busy to contact the proper people to give some more clarity to the Location, Type of Event layout, etc...
I promise I will get with these people this week and try to at least get a YES or NO on the dyno info.
Jordan Im glad you began this post, we are heading in the right direction with the early start !

Mark your help will be appreciated... Hopfully this will turn into a EAST COAST thing, and not just a local thing. So if you have contacts in PA. then now is the time to warn them !! :evil2:

Boost LEE, a sticky will be great once we get all the details in order !!!

Any way, the first meet IMHO was a great sucess. We learned alot and have alot more to learn.....

Well said, we need to get someone in each state to branch off and grab more of there locals. Mark If you can, put the word out. So maybe next time your not driving down by yourself(Well you do have a cool co-pilot). Then I'll try and put the word out in MD, I know a couple guys up there. We have to pick an annual location, and I think VA is central for the East Coast. I think in the past like things haven't worked because there will be 1 or 2 meets at one place and then it changes to a diff place. Then some people just don't travel. Those guys in TX throw down every year, people get ready cause they know its an annual thing.

I started this post early because im car crazy "SUPRA CRAZY:runaway:" at heart. I don't think I could love any other sports car:love:. I know that you guys are too, so if you have passion for something its easy to make things happen!

Last edited:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
If we can get the Date confirmed then it will allow for other areas to plan around this meet.

I would say that is our most urgent need. From there nail down the specifics and get the word out.

I will be happy to post this on SupraForums and in our Northeast section. ECT forum is another place to post it.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1405349 said:
If we can get the Date confirmed then it will allow for other areas to plan around this meet.

I would say that is our most urgent need. From there nail down the specifics and get the word out.

I will be happy to post this on SupraForums and in our Northeast section. ECT forum is another place to post it.

We have just set up a local meet Sunday at 630pm at Greenbrier mall, Red Robin. Just a chance to go over all the specifics, and for some folks that have been MIA for a while to catch up w/ the new faces. Weather is suppose to be great. So after Sunday Mark we will have a def date.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Sounds great Jordan. Glenn I will try logging onto ECT, if it is indeed "Dead" then perhaps we could grab that nameplate ?

It would be niceto have a club formed within SupraMania. Something that better defines us than....Mid East Section ^^

Will be looking forward to what you come up with during your mini meet.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Glenn

I looged onto ECT. Perhaps what Johnny meant was that it was lifeless. Total of 9 users logged on. Highest total logged on was 2 years ago at 153.

So the Tag is still being used, but hardly. In a nutshell that is what happens when members stop communicating and gathering.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Well this is shaping up to be an awesome meet! :2ar15:

On the side, I actually asked someone today "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?". Of course, all the car guys chime in 'Yes!'. lol

sc3757

May 31, 2009
va
thanks everyone today for their input. Just giving my little unofficial introduction here lol. I was the guy that showed up in the green sc3, name's kita. But it prob would be good to get a def date and rain check day for the event next year so we could get vendors if we could.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
sc3757;1406726 said:
thanks everyone today for their input. Just giving my little unofficial introduction here lol. I was the guy that showed up in the green sc3, name's kita. But it prob would be good to get a def date and rain check day for the event next year so we could get vendors if we could.

Thanks for coming Kita, your SC is nice.

Well for everyone to know the Meet will be May 15th 2010 location to be determined, we are working on it now. But a date needed to be annouced 1st.

Thanks for coming out everyone. The local mini meet turned into a bigger meet than I expected.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Yes guys, that was awesome! I haven't been to a meet in a while and I am very glad I decided upon this one. Hope I was able to shed some light on any fellow na-t'ers with the 2jz's.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
scott60999;1406950 said:
To bad the Beamer blew up, I go for morale support.

We heard:3d_frown:put that thing back together and sell it. Adam is selling his MK3 project:naughty: and Kita said he knows someone w/ a quick MK3 he's selling for around 2k. All local buys:naughty:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Great to hear the date is finalized !!

Scott, sorry to hear about the BMW. As much as I like the work your doing on it, sure would be nice to have you crusin in a MK III with us^^

A word to the wise on your location selection.

With proper planning " And your doing it " This could turn out to be a rather large meet. Better to plan for more, than less, and make certain the meet area will hold it.

Back in the day when SOGI was active we held a meet at a performance shop in Harrisburg. They had awards for certain things " I do not remember what " but also had the shop open for business. As I remember at the time many members were getting things done there.

If we have access to a T shirt vendor perhaps we could get a batch made ? Sign on early and wear them to the meet pre paid of course.

Something like :

VA BEACH
2nd ANNUAL
2010 SUPRA MEET

Just some thoughts. Wish it were next month lol.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1406983 said:
Great to hear the date is finalized !!

Scott, sorry to hear about the BMW. As much as I like the work your doing on it, sure would be nice to have you crusin in a MK III with us^^

A word to the wise on your location selection.

With proper planning " And your doing it " This could turn out to be a rather large meet. Better to plan for more, than less, and make certain the meet area will hold it.

Back in the day when SOGI was active we held a meet at a performance shop in Harrisburg. They had awards for certain things " I do not remember what " but also had the shop open for business. As I remember at the time many members were getting things done there.

If we have access to a T shirt vendor perhaps we could get a batch made ? Sign on early and wear them to the meet pre paid of course.

Something like :

VA BEACH
2nd ANNUAL
2010 SUPRA MEET

Just some thoughts. Wish it were next month lol.

Great idea about the T-shirts Mark, I will get right on that. Some to wear like you said and have some to sell/give away depending on funding. Gleen and I will come up w/ some ideas. Mark(Hampton VA) also came up w/ the idea of getting a banner made. Im also going to work on a couple cheap posters to put up of course next year closer to the meet.

scott60999

Unnecessary Motorsports
Dec 4, 2008
norfolk, VA
Car stickers! Offtopic, I had a leaky fuel injector, pull the rail. The pintle caps from the injectors fall down the intake manifold and roll instead the heads, finally get stuck into the valves, so I had to pull most of the engine. Replaced a bunch of rubber roses, and hoseclamps, along with new injector seals. Once again all is well with the Euro house. I'd love to mess with Supra's, but for now it's not in my budget, and won't be for a bit. I would still love to hangout with you guys, it's always entertaining at the least lol:icon_razz