May 2010 Meet

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Scott

Glad you will have her up and running again. I know a Supra is somewhere in your future, does not have to be right now.

Thinking on the shirts you may want to eliminate the year and just go with Second Annual, that way we, and our shirts, are not dated ^^

Glenn a big +1 for the MK 2 crowd.

Hope your all doing well

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I think the shirts are a great idea. I have a few ideas for logos, but it all comes down to budget for those types of things. Even the silhouette of each generation supra in black on a white T would look interesting, yet be cost effective due to the low amount of ink and colors.

Off topic - I love mkiv owners (not trying to stereo-type)... One on ricekiller.com is trying to convert me to the mindset that 1jzs and 2jzs are the only way to go. I politely explained that I was going 7m this time, as well as explained why just to show I'm edu-ma-cated lol

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
You know how I feel about 7m's and JZ's so lets not go there:nono: there is another thread for that classic 7m vs. jz battle...

So back to the topic and lets stay there :biglaugh:in this thread, Shirt ideas would be nice, but we are def gonna keep it simple. I like the silhouette idea London! we might have to use that somewhere on the shirt.

Also not dating the evnt is another great idea

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
For a minute there I thought we might bring Scott to the Dark Side. :sarcasm: Ill sell you my Red one scott.

Great Ideas on the shirts and yes Mark we will plan for More not Less. Maybe we can plan to raffel off a few parts ( from Vendors? ) You could even charge a 1-2 dollar a ticket and may cover the price of the part or something.

Did any one find out if there was a big NE meet in/on OUR date? I heard someone mention there was a Philly meet or something.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
White Zombie;1407734 said:
For a minute there I thought we might bring Scott to the Dark Side. :sarcasm: Ill sell you my Red one scott.....

It's hard to resist the dark side...I'm getting engulfed myself. :icon_razz

White Zombie;1407734 said:
......Did any one find out if there was a big NE meet in/on OUR date? I heard someone mention there was a Philly meet or something.

That was me but let me correct myself....even though E-Town has the big meets on this side of the water, I don't think we should worry about it until we establish ourselves as a group here (Mid-East Region). I think once we get that consistency (which I think you guys are doing very well at), we should get with them and do an "East Coast" Meet, maybe even challenge the SILV event. LOL

Anyway, hope that makes some sense...

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
OK I GOT THE INFO WE NEEDED !!!

http://www.horsepowersolutions.net/

The guys name is Josh Tonski and he's a big Toyota guy himself. He has a 1000hp mk4 as a shop car !!
Anyway we can do the dyno day on our date, we can even expand the date to both days on that weekend (Sat and Sun) Here's the catch.

$50 per car at 20 cars per day. Any less cars for the day and the price jumps to $75. Thats the discounted rate. He can do 20 cars in about 8 hours. So if we get 40 guys committed, we'll have to split the event into TWO days. He has no problem with us setting up tables and tents and such because the day is gonna be long. We can do food and vendors and stuff, but honestly we may run outta room fast . I will put up some pics of the location later today. It looks like we can house 16 cars Comfortably ! in the front parking lot, maybe 20. The back lot looks like another 16-20. That doesn't include if he has customers cars there. HOWEVER. There is another lot next to him we may be able to use if this gets that large. Its a little seclueded from the road, but at least there's a place to park !

Remember this is a dyno day NOT a tuning day ! Bring your cars ready to RUN guys.

So the next thing to do is get a list of all the guys willing to committ with MONEY! You guys can pay me when he time nears. This shop is local to me so I could pay him in advance to lock in our day. :icon_bigg

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
man it sounds like that this next meet is gonna be better than the ones in the past. to bad i wont be able to make it though, im really gonna miss out on all the fun and everything.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
PICS OF HORSEPOWER SOLUTIONS
p1408033_1.jpg
p1408033_2.jpg
p1408033_3.jpg
p1408033_4.jpg
p1408033_5.jpg
p1408033_6.jpg
p1408033_7.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Lmao I love the license plate. '1000 HP' indeed :evil2:

That looks like quite a nice place. I wonder what their tuning rates are for once I'm beyond the slightly stock stage...

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
s000pra89T;1407885 said:
It's hard to resist the dark side...I'm getting engulfed myself. :icon_razz

That was me but let me correct myself....even though E-Town has the big meets on this side of the water, I don't think we should worry about it until we establish ourselves as a group here (Mid-East Region). I think once we get that consistency (which I think you guys are doing very well at), we should get with them and do an "East Coast" Meet, maybe even challenge the SILV event. LOL

Anyway, hope that makes some sense...

I agree! I dont think we need to worry about the other meets on our day or not. Our meet last month turned out fine. That takes me to my next subject...

White Zombie;1407918 said:
OK I GOT THE INFO WE NEEDED !!!

http://www.horsepowersolutions.net/

The guys name is Josh Tonski and he's a big Toyota guy himself. He has a 1000hp mk4 as a shop car !!
Anyway we can do the dyno day on our date, we can even expand the date to both days on that weekend (Sat and Sun) Here's the catch.

$50 per car at 20 cars per day. Any less cars for the day and the price jumps to $75. Thats the discounted rate. He can do 20 cars in about 8 hours. So if we get 40 guys committed, we'll have to split the event into TWO days. He has no problem with us setting up tables and tents and such because the day is gonna be long. We can do food and vendors and stuff, but honestly we may run outta room fast . I will put up some pics of the location later today. It looks like we can house 16 cars Comfortably ! in the front parking lot, maybe 20. The back lot looks like another 16-20. That doesn't include if he has customers cars there. HOWEVER. There is another lot next to him we may be able to use if this gets that large. Its a little seclueded from the road, but at least there's a place to park !

Remember this is a dyno day NOT a tuning day ! Bring your cars ready to RUN guys.

So the next thing to do is get a list of all the guys willing to committ with MONEY! You guys can pay me when he time nears. This shop is local to me so I could pay him in advance to lock in our day. :icon_bigg

We have 16-20 just including us. We had 16 show up for our local meet Sunday. Our meet last month had about 40 cars maybe? and at least 5 cars weren't accounted for. Im going to have to meet you up there this weekend Mark. Im starting to think we wont have enough room, but we'll check it out.

As far as the 2 day thing... I dont think we are to that point yet Unc, If we had a Drag day on 1 and a car show/dyno day on the other then cool. I def agree w/ you on "bring your car ready to run" Plus some folks might have a hard time w/ the 2 day thing. Maybe a couple years from now we could do that.

Prices are def good on the dyno! And the shop looks awsome! im in love w/ the 1k MK4:aigo:

Raffles w/ a vendor, cook out, banners, posters, and shirts are things we need to focus on. The biggest thing is "SPACE" we have 4 states part of our region, but We also have NC, KY, SC, TN and PA im sure we can pull a couple from. I have a at least 1 coming from each of those states.

scott60999

Unnecessary Motorsports
Dec 4, 2008
norfolk, VA
Nghty89;1408458 said:
Lmao I love the license plate. '1000 HP' indeed :evil2:

That looks like quite a nice place. I wonder what their tuning rates are for once I'm beyond the slightly stock stage...

What are you tuning with? I will charge you with lots of food for a tuning rate.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
LOL I want to get Dustin's maf-t since I am selling the Nova to Adam on friday. That way I have the motor and tuning solution for later. I guess that also mean I can sell my lexus v8 maf

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
carter;1408565 said:
I'd be down, as long as everything stays together. I'll throw it up on the local board and see what i can come up with.

Alright Carter... Keep up w/ the thread, and keep me posted. You got my number...

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Nghty89;1408508 said:
LOL I want to get Dustin's maf-t since I am selling the Nova to Adam on friday. That way I have the motor and tuning solution for later. I guess that also mean I can sell my lexus v8 maf

scott60999;1408470 said:
What are you tuning with? I will charge you with lots of food for a tuning rate.

forcefedsupra;1408756 said:
I'm gonna need that

Guys:wtf:Sell, or talk about tunning your shit over a text or in the for sale thread. Lets keep this thread, meet specific... Dont make me pull out the "cannons":bigun2:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Ok Chief ^^ Meet Specific

I have been tossing a few ideas around concering the shirts and vendor participation.

If we were to contact the active vendors on this site. Ask if they would be interested in attending, ( I know, a long shot). Short of attending, ask if they would be interested in having their names listed as a sponsor on the shirts.

It is good Adv for them, and it just may pay for the shirts to be made. If the meet co ordinators would like I will be happy to contact them and report back with my findings.

If not, no biggie.