May 2010 Meet

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
D7MSUPRA

I like you, and I am sure many others are disappointed that a reschedule had to happen. We can control many things in our lives, weather is not one of them. I will be on the road for a total of close to 7 hrs just to get there. I see you live in Richmond, maybe we could hook up Saturday morning on the 12th and drive down to the meet together. I would prefer to wait till the 12th than do puddle splashing this Saturday ^^

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Davismj711;1569273 said:
D7MSUPRA

I like you, and I am sure many others are disappointed that a reschedule had to happen. We can control many things in our lives, weather is not one of them. I will be on the road for a total of close to 7 hrs just to get there. I see you live in Richmond, maybe we could hook up Saturday morning on the 12th and drive down to the meet together. I would prefer to wait till the 12th than do puddle splashing this Saturday ^^

Don't worry dude, I've got him covered. He's just been planning this for so long and it's got him pissed. We'll both be there the 12th, and if you want to still meet up we can caravan. This goes for anyone else leaving out of or passing through Richmond/Central VA as well.

EDIT: I would like to have my Eibachs and Tokicos in by then, but I've never done Supra suspensions before. Anyone local here whose done these before that can help a fellow Soopra out?

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
D7MSupra;1569087 said:
screw this meet if none of you can keep your plans and word. ive been planning on this for however long its been posted. its not that hard to make a plan and stick to it

Im not trying to start any beef and I def hope you aren't either... Please watch your mouth and who you are talking to. If you wanna come then come if not then stay "HOME"... You have been planning on coming I have been PLANNING this meet so save the lip my friend. Drake get your boy!!! Calm down bro, if you can come then come... we'd love to have you

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

forcefedsupra;1569139 said:
Going to Texas that day. fml

You may not be there but your car will no worries Dustin.

And for all that can still make it great... I lost about 5 people who couldnt make it on the 22nd, now I get those 5 back might also lose a couple due to the date change. All we can do is hope for the best folks. No need for the hostility.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Interesting way to vent... Hope to see you on the new date. Shit/Weather happens, especially in Va Beach. We ALWAYS have a 30% chance of rain.... it's the beach. Go figure.

I just hope that there is some way to get my new engine in and running, although I doubt it. We shall see...

BTW, I know how to work on the suspension. Just switched up to Tein HA's not too long ago, was a complete breeze! : p

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
Drake

i live in danville va if you know where that is at. i may try and meet up with yall if you dont mind. i may leave that firday or saturday to head up to the meet just seeing how things go. plus i have worked on suspension of these cars. have h&rs and konis not hard at all. if you need some help let me know. not difficult at all

Last edited:

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Sorry I had a moment yesterday when I got the postponment news. Ive been looking forward to attending a Supra owners meet since before I even became an owner. Last year I had to go to a good friends wedding instead of attending which really sucked. Seems like we'll be having a mini meet b4 the meet now so I guess I cant stress to much now. Drake and I are neighbors on the same street by the way. I met him when he became an owner and joined this site. He didnt live to far away in a ghetto ass apartment complex. I showed him a house for rent up the street and now hes my neighbor which is freaking awesome. He even let me put my parts car around back of his house which was Nytefires old 90t. Its nice to hear another supra going up and down the road.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Also... Looking forward to meeting everyone. Hope some people still dont show up tomorrow. June is going to be a good time. Hope itll stay dry for us that week.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Don (D7M) and I are gonna print out the docs from Cygnus on the shocks remove/install and monkey with it some this weekend to see what's involved. If we get stuck we'll put back together what we have and I'll do a shout-out to see who can help.

Everyone meeting here in Richmond for a caravan PM me your contact info like phone and email (kept confidential of course...), and we can work out a good central location to leave from. I also have a set of FRS handhelds with an 8-mile radius if anyone needs to communicate during the ride down, as well as GPS. We could use them to have a lead vehicle/caboose setup in case someone (knock wood we DON'T) has trouble on the way down. Jumper cables, tools, and extra fluids will be a necessity (I used to trail in the Jeep a lot, so I'm used to oddball shit happening on and off the road!!).

rabrownmk

Apr 13, 2010
Chesapeake
Hey all, new to the forums, and have been anxiously awaiting this to meet some supra guys in my area. I actually live in Chesapeake, so I will swing by there and see if anyone's there and let them know the postponed date, if they haven't found out yet.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
rabrownmk;1569958 said:
Hey all, new to the forums, and have been anxiously awaiting this to meet some supra guys in my area. I actually live in Chesapeake, so I will swing by there and see if anyone's there and let them know the postponed date, if they haven't found out yet.

Awsome, glad we could pick one up before the 12th. Cant wait to meet you, I live in Chesapeake, also.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Not that I know of, but DAMN those thunderstorms were shitty today... a.k.a. in typical VA fashion it was a beautiful day with not a drop of rain. God I hate this state...

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
Nghty89;1570391 said:
Not that I know of, but DAMN those thunderstorms were shitty today... a.k.a. in typical VA fashion it was a beautiful day with not a drop of rain. God I hate this state...

That is what I was going to say it was a beautiful day and was great for my sister in-law's wedding. It didn't rain till about 11pm last night. If the weather says less then 40% chance here for rain 95% of the time its not going to rain.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
gennro;1570475 said:
That is what I was going to say it was a beautiful day and was great for my sister in-law's wedding. It didn't rain till about 11pm last night. If the weather says less then 40% chance here for rain 95% of the time its not going to rain.

Um... was that wedding Saturday? And did they have the reception at the Renaissance in Portsmouth? Just asking because we worked several weddings that day in several locations. Poarch, Chitty-Cox, and one other. Just curious. lol

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
Nghty89;1570597 said:
Um... was that wedding Saturday? And did they have the reception at the Renaissance in Portsmouth? Just asking because we worked several weddings that day in several locations. Poarch, Chitty-Cox, and one other. Just curious. lol

No Yorktown beach