ma-70 carbon fiber twill weave & plain weave parts.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
what about the coil pack cover and cam cover that another company made but they are no longer around, i thought they were cool

don't think anyone does the windshield cowl anymore but i have one in cf

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I've noticed many more people lately pulling through and actually spending money on their cars, instead of trying to cheap out and "just get by." I'm very happy to see that it appears that every day, more and more people are realizing "mod cheap, mod twice" and "if you're doing the bare minimum, you have the wrong car/hobby," both on here and at work. Soon enough, all that will be left are the enthusiasts. We are basically an untapped market in that regard.

At any rate, I hope this turns out to be successful, both for us owners and the part production business.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
I would love to see some stout hoods made up. There were some done a few years ago with Nick promoting it. I think that is by far the best looking hood for our cars

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
It's a type of spoiler, but some people called them spoiler flares because it sort of extends the stock body line out instead of being wing like. Some called them wangan wings too, but they're really not a whaletail, which has become closely associated with 'wangan wings.'

Infamousmufasa

Sep 25, 2012
Torrance
Interior: center console/arm rest,
Window switch bezel, door panel with a place for 6.5" speakers shown instead of hidden 4", pillars (a and b)

Exterior: rear window spoiler ( goes on top of the window, not sure of actual name), valve covers, front nose...
Mine is getting built for show so I don't go cheap, I already have a cf targa so I'm looking for more rare parts...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

CarbonWorks

Jan 20, 2013
Boston
Infamousmufasa;1912726 said:
Interior: center console/arm rest,
Window switch bezel, door panel with a place for 6.5" speakers shown instead of hidden 4", pillars (a and b)

Exterior: rear window spoiler ( goes on top of the window, not sure of actual name), valve covers, front nose...
Mine is getting built for show so I don't go cheap, I already have a cf targa so I'm looking for more rare parts...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

if you are just going for show, covering the rear 1/4s and roof support will give the car a full carbon shell..... covering is much more inexpensive than actual molded parts.

CarbonWorks

Jan 20, 2013
Boston
as for the progress for the mk3 spoiler, i am adapting an aftermarket bmw f10- m5 spoiler into the design and retro fitting it to comply with the lines, and more importantly the overall stance of the mk3.

opinions/ suggestions.
1. incorporate 3rd brake light L.E.D
2. 3 pieces, rear right fender rear left fender hatch. or 1 piece.
3. stance.
slightly raised 1.1/ a mellow angle of assent, mechanically attached, or 3m. - or-
more raised 3" with an aggressive angle of assent. mechanically attached.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
CarbonWorks;1911629 said:
so far the highest voted items are

exterior
doors - i will begin the research and development this week, and post back with some details and possible areas of input.
mud flap's/side skirts - will look into this on the composite level, due to durability concerns
duck style wing - i will begin a concept design this week based on some suggestions and post back with some images.

interior
b pillar
window switch bezel

due to the fact that the b pillars and window switch bezels are already commercially available, i do not understand why their is such a demand for them? can any one elaborate?
Uhm... isn't the b-pillar an exterior part? that's what I was wanting is the trim right behind the window...

p1912800_1.jpg

Grandavi;1911874 said:
there are some of us who are willing to put our money where our mouth is btw.. not sure how many.. but I am one.
I'm with ya on that one

and yes, I need some mud flaps... although I wouldn't want these in carbon fiber.. would look pretty idiotic IMO... maybe just a fiberglass pannel that would fit there (with actual mudflap absent)

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
this is what I referring to wanting, spoiler wise:

DSC_3579.JPG

If you aren't interested, I'm going to make it myself, so either way.. I'd rather not have to but that's how things go sometimes.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
CarbonWorks;1912760 said:
as for the progress for the mk3 spoiler, i am adapting an aftermarket bmw f10- m5 spoiler into the design and retro fitting it to comply with the lines, and more importantly the overall stance of the mk3.

opinions/ suggestions.
1. incorporate 3rd brake light L.E.D
2. 3 pieces, rear right fender rear left fender hatch. or 1 piece.
3. stance.
slightly raised 1.1/ a mellow angle of assent, mechanically attached, or 3m. - or-
more raised 3" with an aggressive angle of assent. mechanically attached.

1. No thanks
2. 1 piece but only because I want it to directly replace my original wing
3. Mellow angle

As for the mounting it, I originally though of a mechanical mounting but I realize 3m would hold just fine and may make it more universal.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Dylan JZ;1912712 said:
It's a type of spoiler, but some people called them spoiler flares because it sort of extends the stock body line out instead of being wing like. Some called them wangan wings too, but they're really not a whaletail, which has become closely associated with 'wangan wings.'

Aha.
I just googled a few pics, and realized that the original MkI Supra had one of these.

p1912856_1.jpg

As for the particulars on the rear wing, I pretty much agree with Absolute Speed:

3rd brake light- either way is fine

Design- One piece. It shouldn't extend out to the sides as far as a whale tale.

Attatchment- STOCK bolt holes. This way, it's plug&play for existing hole hatches(and solves the leak issue),
or it's a quick drill job(and secure mount) for wingless hatches.

Style- MILD. I think it should stand on its own, and not look like some radical part that needs an entire radical body kit to make it look at home.
In other words, make a wing that looks like it could have been another factory option.