Lucy - Im home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well got a chance to take a few pics of the car in better light. The paint is absolutely shot and overall the car is boring in its completely stock form, but I have very little money into it and I plan to keep it and get it working tip top. I suspect it will be a good bomb around town car.

Do the wheels look familiar to anyone? I think the designers were cheating off eacy other back then.

DSCF1686.JPG

DSCF1695.JPG

DSCF1691.JPG

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Actually the interior is complete, but I took those pictures after I pulled the console apart to get to the shifter. The bushings were shot so I ordered a short shifter with all new bushings. Its has an older but decent sound system in it too including a Kenwood 10 disk changer and a Kenwood graphic eq/spectrum analyzer.

I think Im going to paint it this color: http://www.toyotareference.com/8B4_toyota_supra_82_dark_blue_metallic

at least then it will have a supra color ;)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
johnathan1 said:
Looks like you had an accident on the seat.

It was SO fast I pissed myself? ;)

My very first Supra (a nice 85 5spd I had when I first got mairried) was that color and Ive always liked it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Im almost ashamed to admit this....I bought another car to drive while I get the FC fixed up and painted. :eek3:

DSCF1696.JPG

DSCF1698.JPG

DSCF1700.JPG

DSCF1702.JPG

I know what you're thinking, I've gone :nuts: But I got it for a song and its a good parts getter. I already picked up a spoiler for less than $20 and I plan to take the chrome body panels off :barf: Then when Im done with it Im just gonna turn it over for a profit. You wont have to worry about me joining any Acura forums, lol, but I thought I would share.

On a more Supra oriented note, I have yet to locate a shell worth building on.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
yeah that red car there is bought and paid for and just needs some mods to actually ship off. Apparently they dont like cars lower than 4 inches so I went and bought some spring spacers that Im gonna try to use to get the carto sit high enough to make them happy. Im dont feel comfortable driving it now that it really isnt mine anymore. :cry:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
The red supra in the pictures makes me sad!!!! On a happier note im always a fan of Gay Blue...lol. Best of luck my friend I know your not over the supras because its in you. Cant wait to see what you come up with for a MK3 here soon???

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
da89soup said:
Cant wait to see what you come up with for a MK3 here soon???

Oh well you must have missed my announcment. Dont let the two phoneys in the driveway fool you. Im looking for a MK2 shell already and a 2JZGTE to go in it! These cars are just for transportation and profit.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well I said goodbye to Lucy today. She is bound for West Virginia now. I hope she likes the new owner and Im pretty sure the new owner will like her.

:wave: See ya Lucy.

sniffle*

/thread

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
:wtc: ...........I always cry at goodbye's.

Best Ricky Ricardo impression I can muster in a tragic time like this.........
"Lucy, I'm gone."

Xistant

xistant
Jun 6, 2005
melbourne
sds
wow just read through this, amazing, wish i could remember all the ups and downs with photos etc etc to show you all it can happen to anyone!

nice work dude!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Some people have requested I do this so here I go.

OK well since I dont really have anyplace better to put this, and not feeling like posting these on the RX7 forum where no one knows me...

I'm going to revive this thread and post occasionally the changes Im making on my FC. While it it not a Supra, and is definately NOT in the same class as Lucy (yet) it still a worthwhile project and one Im enjoying quite a bit so far.

A few pics:

Stripped and then polished the stock "sawblades" they look nice...for sawblades, meh. Its all I can afford right now. They will have to do for a little while.
DSCF1715.JPG

DSCF1716.JPG

My new stage 3 sprung 6 puck...soon to go in.
DSCF1718.JPG

A set of JDM tails that I got for a steal! they look way better than the stockers.
DSCF1719.JPG

This time Im going with an aftermarket wheel because I dont have to worry about deleting cruise control. This one was cheap and came with a 6 hole hub so I can change to anything I want down the road. I hope its not to small, the FC doesnt have power steering.
DSCF1717.JPG

GTU spoiler that I painted satin black (Im considering doing the whole car that way for a little while. Go the whole "road warrior" look until I can afford an actual paint job.
DSCF1714.JPG

Took both seats out and took them completely apart so I could wash the upholstery and put it back on. Took a full evening, but they look great. no tears whatsoever!
DSCF1709.JPG

White faced reverse blue gauges. I have a matching piece for the climate control I still need to put on.
DSCF1708.JPG

I almost have the stereo re-wired. The guy didnt doa good job so I ripped out most of the interior and ran all new wires to everything. Last couple of hook up tomorrow and the New MB quart 5.25's and the Fosgate 4's will be working. I ordered an Alpine amp to run the Sub which I still dont have yet. Soon.

that all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.