loss interest in my car

boostinsupra

Aug 29, 2009
NY
Basically car is just sitting for 2-3 months i don't know what to do at this point:1zhelp: i guess i have been discouraged by lots of people i know, i might part out soon am very upset this is how my 1st supra ended:: angry :: i had plans for this car, i still do but don't know what am going to do as yet.
p1498153_1.jpg

Last edited:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Dude... Fix the damn thing. The damage isn't that bad. Hell, won't the insurance company pay for the damages? Seriously, you could have the body fixed (except for paint) over the weekend. I've already told you the list parts you need from what I can see.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
2-3 months? No sweat! :)

Hell, mine has been sitting for 3.5 years waiting for me to gather parts to build it! Shortly before it was parked, it was running 398RWHP!

gwumpkus

Nov 27, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
second/third/fourth that...fix it!..such a shame to part out a car with that "much" damage..:)..

forgive me, but the picture doesnt show the engine bay, but doesnt look like major damage at all!...so...again...

FIX IT..:)..hehe

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
IMO don't part it out. I've seen many other Supras sit for WAY longer than that. Just take your time, of course, unless don't have an alternate car, or need the money, etc.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
yep I also say no part. I have red fenders, nose support, and hood, I could donate cheap,(there just laying around) to bad you live too far away from me. As for sitting 2-3 months that is not bad all. There should be snow on the ground in NY, so you can't really drive it anyways

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I have a 89 Same color that iw ill be parting out soon. You probably wont even need much paint as the paint on my car is about the same as yours. PM me or give me your number maybe we can work something out on the entire front end for the car.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Dude, mine's been sitting for about 3 months now because I blew the engine. I've been doing a swap but kinda lost interest for the past 2 months. Now I'm starting to get inspired again. Ya go in phases.

Your car is still in good shape. Front end damage isn't all that bad, just have the body pulled back straight

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
boostinsupra;1498153 said:
Basically car is just sitting for 2-3 months i don't know what to do at this point:1zhelp: i guess i have been discouraged by lots of people i know, i might part out soon am very upset this is how my 1st supra ended:: angry :: i had plans for this car, i still do but don't know what am going to do as yet.
p1498432_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

nick88;1498229 said:
Whoever is telling you to part with this car, slap them in the face and walk away.

Fix it.

Boostin

I will be frank. Sometime it takes someone OUTSIDE of our beloved hobby to give you a reality check. These cars are a huge black hole of money and time. money more than time now a days.

Think about it LONG AND hard as some people have found out first hand that these cars are not cheap or inexpensive to maintain or modify.