Locked keys in my car...

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Well I locked my keys in my Supra. Would someone PLEASE PM me some tips on how to break in. I really dont wanna pay a locksmith $100....

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Find a buddy with AAA, have him come over and call for you. Free, they have the right tools, and you're in.

You don't have any spares? I always keep one on me just for this reason. Probably why I've never locked my keys in my car before.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
if you think people are gonna post tips on a public forum on how to break into our cars then youve got something wrong with your noggin.........

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
smash the window... lol or you can try taking a wedge type deal (wide and non marring with perferably a nice gradual slope) and wedge the door frame open a hair or just enough to slide a coat hanger in. Do at your own risk, ive done it several times.

And its not like posting how to break into the car is going to make it easier for crooks hahaa thats what they do! Well maybe it makes it easier for "special" crooks who need to look up on google how to use a coat hanger to unlock a car door :nono:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
how worn is your key? find one that is similar and it might work. did for me with my old car. also you could always try a coat hanger/slim jim, or call AAA.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
The key isn't very worn. Everything on the car is pretty tight so moving the window around is pretty hard. And I'm kinda scared of breaking something lol. A local buddy said he could help me out in the morning. Thanks guys!

Fernando

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
You can go to the dealer and have a key made just have proof you own the car, and bring something they can look up and find what key fits it.

Or call a wrecker they can more than likely do it.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Why not just call the po po, I live in a relatively not big town an the cops donut free all the time around here, maybe try that

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1439830 said:
Lol crooks just break the window and dont waste time.

Just get a long sturdy nail and drive the little thing through the floor into the rear release button by the bottom driver seat when the rear hatch pops open crawl in through the back.
Reseal the tiny hole with pain & body filler.

Mods please delete this message soon after read by the guy with the issue theft is a big enough issue with out posting smart ideas on how to get in not to mention you could take about any supra key to open another one.

It doesnt matter in my case GPS & Shaved handles with a Password locked standalone ECU makes it fun for someone.

You should've just PM'd him with this one. :3d_frown:

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Can we maybe get some background on this? As far as I can tell it is damn near impossible to lock my key in either of my 87's?

THe doors unlock as soon as they are closed....so you can only lock it from the outside with a key, or the inside?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
1.) Just go get your title. It provides proof of ownership and VIN # witch you need for the next step

2.) Have a friend or taxi drive you to a Toyota dealership.

3.) Walk to the parts counter at toyota

4.) Tell the parts guy you need to have a new key cut from your VIN #( code key cut).

5.) Give the nice parts guy $11.22 + tax for your new key, and say thank you.

That is how I got my new key ;)

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
turbo87targa;1440017 said:
Can we maybe get some background on this? As far as I can tell it is damn near impossible to lock my key in either of my 87's?

THe doors unlock as soon as they are closed....so you can only lock it from the outside with a key, or the inside?

Toyota changed the lock on 89+, so you no longer have to hold the door handle up to close it...

I sometimes forget with my 86.5 and leave it unlocked:nono:

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
hvyman;1439772 said:
how worn is your key? find one that is similar and it might work. did for me with my old car. also you could always try a coat hanger/slim jim, or call AAA.
True Dat, I've opened other MKIII's with my key................seriously. Find another owner in your area and give it a try.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
RazoE;1440045 said:
Toyota changed the lock on 89+, so you no longer have to hold the door handle up to close it...

I sometimes forget with my 86.5 and leave it unlocked:nono:
Lol why would they do that? I like it. And I didn't know if u held the handle up it would stay locked lol
It's like an anti stupidity lock lol