Locked keys in my car...

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
well with my 88 i dont have to hold the handle to lock it....

pull out key.... hit lock.... shut door .... check to make sure it locked... thats my routine

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
92nsx;1440026 said:
1.) Just go get your title. It provides proof of ownership and VIN # witch you need for the next step

2.) Have a friend or taxi drive you to a Toyota dealership.

3.) Walk to the parts counter at toyota

4.) Tell the parts guy you need to have a new key cut from your VIN #( code key cut).

5.) Give the nice parts guy $11.22 + tax for your new key, and say thank you.

That is how I got my new key ;)

This!

On top of solving your problem, it also supplies you with an extra key for the next time this happens.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
turbo87targa;1440187 said:
Lol why would they do that? I like it. And I didn't know if u held the handle up it would stay locked lol
It's like an anti stupidity lock lol

Pretty much every car before the 90's had this feature...

As for going to the dealer for your new key, it's hit and miss. My girl had a new key cut for her 1990 corolla, but they said that's as far back as they go, so us 89 and before guys are screwed. Also when we tried the key, it didn't work, since the locks were so worn..

They also asked for proof of ownership, which if you keep it in the glove box, is utterly useless at the moment..;)

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
RazoE;1440299 said:
Pretty much every car before the 90's had this feature...

As for going to the dealer for your new key, it's hit and miss. My girl had a new key cut for her 1990 corolla, but they said that's as far back as they go, so us 89 and before guys are screwed. Also when we tried the key, it didn't work, since the locks were so worn..

They also asked for proof of ownership, which if you keep it in the glove box, is utterly useless at the moment..;)

Keeping the title to your vehicle in the glove box is not a good life choice.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Thanks for all the ideas guys. My brother got into it while I was at work today. A local had something that made it really easy....
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1439830 said:
Just get a long sturdy nail and drive the little thing through the floor into the rear release button by the bottom driver seat when the rear hatch pops open crawl in through the back.
Reseal the tiny hole with pain & body filler.
I would never do that to my Supra! but thanks anyways!
Satan;1439914 said:
Dang Dude! You had some bad luck too!

Call me if still haven't gotten in it...
Yeah it really sucked! Christian came through and helped us out
Rajunz;1440171 said:
True Dat, I've opened other MKIII's with my key................seriously. Find another owner in your area and give it a try.
We tried 3 different Supra keys, no luck lol

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
well of course the window wont want to move very easy they dont want to make it even easier than it already is for crooks lol, and that nail idea is pretty creative