Kaze Aerocraft

TS1988

Sep 3, 2008
United States
Hello all! I have a white 88 Supra (non-turbo) with a 5spd manual, completely stock with about 93k miles, and I was looking to spruce it up a bit since the car is really starting to show its age (I will get to the engine maybe 2 years from now).

I was searching through ebay for a body kit and came across something I liked, called the Kaze Aerocraft. Unfortunately it is a great deal over my budget! I was wondering does anyone know of a place in the states that sells this kit for cheap? Does anyone have this kit installed? If so, how much did it cost to install it and paint it? How much did you buy the kit for and where did you buy it? Thanks for any help! Here a pic…

kaze.jpg

I hope no one minds, but I have posted this message on some other message boards in hope of finding someone with this kit.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
:nono: Here we go again. How dose this sound, get a better paying job.
Buying a "body kit" is the easy part. Now (let me guess) your going to fit it your self, :3d_frown:, so it will not fit right, plus add in the paint and labor i dont see anything that is "cheap". Even a Maaco paint job will cost you to much. You never want to make a statement around here with these two word in the same thread "cheap" and "supra", unless you want some flames up your a@@. But again your are already just another "cheap ass supra owner"

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
As I recall, It took Acroth a LOT of time and money to set up this body kit.
Also, you'll need some wide wheels to fit with the kit properly. If all you want to do is 'spice' up the car a bit, I highly recommend a shine front lip. They're understated, and look like a factory sport upgrade. Plus, they bolt right up.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49782&highlight=shine+lip

ps- not a big fan of the Kaze kit anyway- it's way over the top. And personally, I wouldn't want my car to look that absolutely fast and racy, if all I had was a stock 7MGE. Every Porsche, Corvette, Mustang and Evo would be wanting to race...and all I'd be able to do was either lose, or lose badly.
For the record, I have a Kaminari kit, and I''m pulling it off in favor of stock + Shine lip for now.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Sorry mang...but yeah, you gotta do it right. Instead of waiting 2 years, go ahead and do the engine now....if you really want that bodykit, get some "Go" to justify it.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
s000pra89T;1121284 said:
Sorry mang...but yeah, you gotta do it right. Instead of waiting 2 years, go ahead and do the engine now....if you really want that bodykit, get some "Go" to justify it.

+1, Loving that comment...

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
supraguy@aol;1121277 said:
As I recall, It took Acroth a LOT of time and money to set up this body kit.
Also, you'll need some wide wheels to fit with the kit properly. If all you want to do is 'spice' up the car a bit, I highly recommend a shine front lip. They're understated, and look like a factory sport upgrade. Plus, they bolt right up.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49782&highlight=shine+lip

ps- not a big fan of the Kaze kit anyway- it's way over the top. And personally, I wouldn't want my car to look that absolutely fast and racy, if all I had was a stock 7MGE. Every Porsche, Corvette, Mustang and Evo would be wanting to race...and all I'd be able to do was either lose, or lose badly.
For the record, I have a Kaminari kit, and I''m pulling it off in favor of stock + Shine lip for now.

Yee.

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
+10000000 dont be another ricer with "all show and no go". Im all for doing what you want to your own car, no one here can stop you, we are just trying to save you from a lot of humiliation and not further tarnish the mkiii name.

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
dont let anyone talk you out of what you want to do everyone tried to talk me out of doing it to and i did it anyways and i didnt even have a motor in the car
it took almost to years but it was worth the wait
sm_photo_missing.jpg

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I have fitted cheap body kits to cars before and let me tell you unless your going to do your own body work and have a lot of free time the the cost off a well make body kit is worth every penny besides if you factor in the time spent cutting,sanding,filling, and glassing plus the cost of materials it all adds up real quick and usually makes up the difference in cost

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ Eh, the Kaze kit isn't cheap by any means. In any case, Acroth is still around, and reppin' that car. He just doesn't come on the forums much anymore. ;)

TS1988

Sep 3, 2008
United States
In case you haven't read my reply over at supraforms, I have decided to go ahead and put the money into my engine. For future reference, there does not appear to be any companies in the US that sell the kaze kit. Which sucks for me because the one on ebay turns out to be cheaper then buying it from the source. Guess ill have to dish out even more $$$$ when I am ready to buy the kit.:icon_mad:

In the mean time ill do some lurking on the board and learn more about what I can do to my engine, and ill chime in with a question if I run into a problem.

Im not sure if any of you are aware of it, but some of you came off as assholes :3d_frown:. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it wasn't very welcoming for a newbie such as me. Might want to work on the social skills a little bit.

Thank you all for your replies!

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
The best thing you could do is wait till you have the money to do it right.. I know this is one of those situations where its easier said than done but you would be alot happier in the long run. I know first hand when i didnt have my supra that long when it was a NA auto i wanted it to look good and be quick right away, I admit i tried to half ass some stuff and it always came back to bite me in the ass. that was a little over 5 years ago..ever since i stopped doing that the car has given me a lot less headaches lol

just my .02