Jebus' Build/Bolt on Thread

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Oh eh? haven't looked in here in a bit.

Car was put in the back seat when life caught up to me. As for the turbo, Tom i love it, the power up top is much better than before. I haven't started driving the car again as the daily but i've had a chance to rip on her here and there only at night. Problem is i haven't sourced my speed sensor yet so all i know is im going beyond the speed limit.

had a chance to talk to tom and am gonna try something to see if i can get the power out of it that i should.

so far 13psi is my high ~11.5 afr's and my cruise/ partial throttle is MUCH better. Once i get my cruise AFR and partial throttle where i want it and a decent vf im just gonna set it at 18psi and have fun w/ it :)

I will post up final assembled/detailed pics once i get the alignment done, this much negative camber is kinda scary ~5600 rpms. Wish ROTM would come back soon.

~Luis

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Thnx for the interest! Re-sparks my enthusiasm for the thing.

Redid the exhaust because it was a POS hack job before so i redid the piping and had the welds redone to perfection w/ 3'' mandrel bends :icon_bigg ,

dscf3721rr5.jpg

dscf3726hq5.jpg

aftervq2.jpg

Heres some pics to hold you over till i find the $'s to get some dyno time. According to the Passport G-timer i've had laying around im at ~322hp give or take 10hp @11 psi of boost. Last time i used the thing it measured 192 rwhp but i dynoed 208 so its only so accurate. The a340e is holding up so far and i've been riding it hard :aigo:

No one will race me........ even honda boys in traffic just STOPPED. I have people ask me if i want to race and when i say "ya, lets go hit the highway" they say well my clutch is slipping how bout when i fix it.

In the process of packing for a trip south of the border and moving out of the the house to go to the University, so cash is tight. #'s to come when i get a chance to strap this bitch down.

~Luis

Last edited:

ZeCAteLa

May 25, 2006
Southern California
im loving the back of the supra pic. pretty sweet background u have there with the alley and all. That engine is DAMN clean. especially since it's white (dirt tends to show up easier under the hood. clean exhaust too. definitely keep up the good work.

be sure to post up the dyno graphs whenever u get the dyno numbers done. very very very interested. i've been following this build-up from the beginning and always inspired me to do good, clean work for my MKIII. props to you.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Hurry up and get that thing on the dyno man!:icon_razz Happy bd...old man!:biglaugh:

P.S. Don't post anymore, untill you're north of 375whp!:icon_bigg

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Had to post this stuff up somewhere might as well be in here to sum things up for the summer.. for now anyways.

Went to PAC NW Supra Nationals this weekend and finnally got my 1/4 mile numbers and Dyno ##'s

1/4 Mile the car managed a 13.9 @ 107.8 mph w/ a shit 60' of 2.44, Time for a stall and some M/T slicks. :icon_bigg
dscf4178me3.jpg

The Dyno was less than what everyone expected especially after seeing my trap speed w/ a car tipping the scale at 3900+ lbs.
dscf4088vu2.jpg

326 rwhp and 329 rwtq, Looked at the Maft-Pro data log and i peaked at 15.5 psi on a 40/60 mix of 114 and 92 octane gas just to be safe. Would have gone to 20psi on 114 but the fact thats its still an OEM gasket just bothers me.
dscf4181uk3.jpg

Ignore those AFR's they are inaccurate due to the DDP.

Either way it was enough to take home the Highest HP MKIII award for the meet since all the other 7m's didnt make it and all i had to do was beat a 1J.:biglaugh:
dscf4166hv4.jpg

Where i go from here, who knows at least i know what all my hard work did.

~Luis

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
No joke, this really is a beautiful car!!
It looks like it rolled off the showroom floor, maybe 4 years ago? definitely does not look 15 years old!

Thanks for the ride Luis, car sounds great and rides smooth as butter, I'm suddenly alot more excited to get my car done and have some fun with my own DDP :D

Are you running ARP Studs or bolts? Did you retorque em? If you do a leak down test and the gasket is holding, I think it'll hold more boost :)

Plus, a blown composite HG, is just a good excuse for a MHG, which is a good excuse for a rebuild... haha it's just inevitable

[edit] just remembered you said new toyota bolts not sure if it's a good idea to re-torque them since they're technically over-torqued to 72, even though it works, it makes them even more one-time use then they already are lol

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Mk3runner said:
update??? I just read this whole thread since your kill story. whats been going on?

Opened a new chapter in my life and moved 4 hours away from home to my new place. Im a WSU kid now.

Brought the supe w/ me to keep my sanity while im in school but its a small town so theres not much room to push the car unless i want to drive out of town.

BUT i now live 1.4 hours away from the drag strip in spokane so hopefully this friday i can go check it out and maybe get some better times in. :sarcasm: Just gotta find a helmet.

As for my workplace, i'll have to wait till winter break when i take the car back home to the parents garage to see what i can afford to do to it. Right now i park it outside my window to keep an eye on it.
newhomeas4.jpg

Hopefully this winter i can figure out how to get all the power to the ground instead of losing my performance in my driveline and shitty 60' times.

im trying to find the owner of an old school mitsu mirage in the parking lot. primer black, 24'' by 12'' front mount, fully caged w/ 4 point harness in it...