Jebus' Build/Bolt on Thread

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Thanks for the video Gerrard!

She started up pretty damn quick i was surprised aside from a small fuel leek and a disconnected coolant line everything turned out tip top! I need to solve a loss of coolant pressure but all in all she's running.

The hardware side of the build is done now its time to do all the software stuff, Runs rough for now just working on fine tuning the mainscale and getting her to idle for more than 3 minutes. SOAB leans out to 23% AFR and dies out on me its pissing me off.

if anyone reading this knows anything about the maftpro help me out im trying to dial in wtf the error 2, and 9 messages are on the innovate lc-1. Anyone running version 4.8 i could use some of the initial settings, mine runs but i want to make sure i have all main general supra settings in the right place before i dig deeper. Also im looking for the right xdf/ALDL etc. files for tunerpro, if ya got these let me know im pretty close to getting this thing drivable, and hopefully dyno worthy.

AND if anyone has a slight idea, how do i know if the ecu HAC mod worked?

oh yea, pics.

23771502ab8.jpg

93588928ah8.jpg

16301619uo1.jpg

Last edited:

ZeCAteLa

May 25, 2006
Southern California
im loving how the engine looks. very clean and simple. also like how you have most of the engine bay area black. kind of gives off that sleeper settle look to it. definitely liking that. I was aiming to go that route myself with looks. only use black, grey, and white for the most part. i might have blue silicon hoses but I think they will look nice. keep it up.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
figured i'd post SOMETHING, car is moving backwards as it seams. Dyno is in 2 days and i SERIOUSLY doubt the car is going to make it down there, im doubting it will make it out of my driveway at this point.

Having some troublesome issues w/ the wideband signal going from tip top stoich 14.7 to invalid and leaning out and dieing. figured i'd just mess w/ my grounds a bit and check all of that till i was losing power for the guages, well i resoldred all my wires and tapped into separate switched 12v sources.

AFTER all of that still no signal. and after checking over more stuff i found my fuel pressure guage is reading -0- so now im not getting any fuel pressure ontop of the lack of AFR signal???

things went from stoich and tip top on the first try to innoperable.

Getting pretty pissed and tired so im going to sleep. If anyone reading this has a maft-pro or an lc-1 chime in w/ any ideas no matter how random.

at this point my fix list is
-invalid AFR signal to maftpro.
-lack of power to fuel pump or fuel pressure is dissapearing completely
-lack of sleep

~Luis

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
Whoa! What happened dude? Everything seemed pretty good when you got it started. I remember it was idling pretty rich (like 12.8:1 ?) and you still had to configure everything and then move on to tuning but none of what you are seeing now. :dunno:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
NOPE!!!, Its baaaaaaack.

got it to run and reconfigured my lc-1 and all so the maftpro was reading afr!!!!!, then it choked out and died and im back to the Fuel pump issue. "the jumpers, they do nothing!"

back to the drawing board.

~Luis

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Looks like you're making great progress! Besides the glitches that is...

Is it actually the pump thats not pumping? Is it getting power? What mods have you done to the fuel system, 12v mod? resistor bypass? I plan to use the existing wiring only to trigger a new relay then run new larger gauge wiring, have you done anything like this? If not you might want to think about it :)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
well after extensive testing and searching w/ a multimeter and checking the TSRM

we bypassed the fuel pump relay w/ jumpers in the diagnostic box, tryed the 12 volt mod, checked the voltage being sent through the harness, checked the resistance of the cables in the fuel pump harness. dropped the tank. applied power to the fuel pump harness w/ a battery from my truck. made some custom cabling w/ alligator clips. pulled the tank out and pulled teh fuel pump assembly back out.

then I just went ahead and plugged in the fuel pump to the harness, *click* done.

The only reason it worked in the first place is because the current actually arced far enough to power on the pump.

im retarded.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
Eh, it wasn't that bad. Made for a good laugh though. ;)

On to reassembly and laptop tuning...just make sure you don't blow the welds on the intake. :rofl:

I don't think there would have been any real arcing though, being only 12 volts and all. It probably started as a tenuous contact and then wiggled it's way loose.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Well now that the W/B AFR signal is getting to the maftpro and my fuel pump is working right :icon_roll
86066758lo4.jpg

I had a chance to get some friends over and help me get my car down the side driveway, took quite a few 2x6's and some bricks to get the car do come down the steep hill without scraping either end on the cement WITHOUT the bumper on.

Started putting the car back together threw the front bumper on to make sure everything fit right and my IC sits PERFECT i got my measurements spot on.
99192578rh3.jpg

installed the fender well covers and undercover but it barely fit because the new IC sits so low.
88828692on1.jpg

83753763qx4.jpg

31659533wh7.jpg

She's pretty much ready for tuning, WOT afr is decent but hasnt been taken past 7psi :icon_conf , part throttle boost is a scary 14-15afr :aigo: hope to sort that out SOON. She still has greasy hand prints all over but she runs!!!!!! Heads up to the puget sound crew it may be making its way over there the next few weekends.

~Luis