Jebus' Build/Bolt on Thread

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Heh, i love that pipe GERARD, im pretty much a welder now, will start pumpin out manifolds soon :1zhelp:

Btw Nate, if this car does make it to centralia it will be cutting it REALLY close as my electronics, guages, WB, and harness JUST shipped out and i still havent scored a laptop:aigo:

Im gonna do what i can and push through hopefully get it somewhat finished by then, dyno comes into town the week after Centralia so thats my REAL goal.

Hopefully more updates for tomorrow.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Got my interior pieces in the hatch put back in. Even found my Toyota tool bag.

dscf3419qk1.jpg

The back end is pretty much done so i started taking out the glove box and getting but i can get the damn black plastic cover that is on top of the glove box and under the ecu to come out. theres a black plastic screw in the middle towards the back that just spins, i've been tuging on the motherfucker for a while but i cant get it off. :icon_evil .

As soon as thats off i'll start figuring out the wiring and finding a good ground point for the wb, and pro. Hopefully by the time it gets here i'll have all of the wires i need mapped out and ready to solder.

On my way to buy a 3/8 npt female weld on bung.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
To get the black cover thing out, you need to remove the two latch screws...

And if you are going to have a bunch of wires running to your glovebox, then that cover will only get in the way...I would just yank it out.

That's what I did to mine after it cracked pretty badly, and I couldn't get it back in...much better without it there.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
americanjebus said:
Got my interior pieces in the hatch put back in. Even found my Toyota tool bag.

dscf3419qk1.jpg

The back end is pretty much done so i started taking out the glove box and getting but i can get the damn black plastic cover that is on top of the glove box and under the ecu to come out. theres a black plastic screw in the middle towards the back that just spins, i've been tuging on the motherfucker for a while but i cant get it off. :icon_evil .

As soon as thats off i'll start figuring out the wiring and finding a good ground point for the wb, and pro. Hopefully by the time it gets here i'll have all of the wires i need mapped out and ready to solder.

On my way to buy a 3/8 npt female weld on bung.
I had that same problem with the cover for the ECU! That thing was a bitch, I think you just need to pop it out though. I kinda forgot already. If I recall right though, it's just an expander thing that the screw goes into and makes it expand. I'm pretty sure I just stuck a flat head or something in there or just tugged till it came out.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
More for today didnt spend a whole lot of time on it but i did make some progress.

I got that damn cover off but i did some damage to it, hopefully it aint to bad and probably wont be noticeable at all.

I used a little cheat sheet to figure out what wires im going to be working w/ as soon as the maftpro gets here, still waiting.:icon_conf but im getting everything on the car ready and prepped to go.
31758339cc8.jpg

got my Ecu out and am going to have to take it appart for the internal HAC mod. i will post a more thorough account of the install so maybe it will be one more guide on how to do it. for now i just labelled what i need to splice.
70380252ha8.jpg

This screw was a bitch, so much stuff has to come off just to get the guage cluster out :icon_mad: I ended up breaking the tab for the screw anyway :nono:
78161600su7.jpg

Finally got enough stuff out of the dash to remove my guage cluster.
43932055ru0.jpg

Taking this stuff inside w/ me so i can get creative w/ them. :icon_bigg
20049001hf7.jpg

My interior is so ready to take on ride of the year.
66791663vb6.jpg

On a side note, There is a small LED that lights up the ashtray does anyone know what voltage runs through that wire? Enough for two 12v guages?? And do the lights need to be on for it to work? looked around the harness and coulldnt really figure it out.
49423097ym8.jpg

I have 8 days and counting...... MAFT-PRO, guages, WB, Laptop, Sensors, Intake, Couplers, and welds are still "on the way", will i make it to centralia?? I'll give it the good old college try thats for sure.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I doubt that's enough current for gauges, and I know it's only on with the lights, just tap off of the cigarette lighter, it's right there! :)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
That was the plan but i have my fog lights rewired already to run without the headlight switch on but they get their draw and ground from the cig lighter fuse in the kickpanel. I dont want to draw to much power from there should i hook i hook up one of the many things i use that cig lighter for.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
A couple pics of welded IC pipes. Flux core wire FTL. Grinding is more FTL. Earplugs FTW. Luis doesn't like earplugs....:dunno:

Attachments

• grind.jpg
    grind.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 75
  • luisgrind.jpg
    luisgrind.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 78
  • weldgrind.jpg
    weldgrind.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 77

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Whats up Luis?
Saw you mentioning coming up soon but got delayed a day?
PM me for my phone number and give me a ring if you do come up early, I got an extra room downstairs at my house you're more than welcome to bunk at if you need a place.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
Current status of Jebus' Supra is unknown. However, intel was gathered last Sunday that the PRO was being installed....what follows is an image captured by the new DARPA ISR "bug" in the guise of a bumblebee.

Attachments

• luismaftpro.jpg
    luismaftpro.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 124

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
DAMN, i look stupid in that picture!

Anyway updates are scarce because im busy finishing so much shit!!!, Maftpro is done as far as wiring goes, EVERYTHING is pretty much 99% done but i changed my plans just yesterday after talking to tommy boy so the car will be delayed a bit and wont make it to centralia. :(. It'll be worth it though, i guarantee it.!

~Luis

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
heh, i JUST got home from the centralia meet that was on sat., and its now monday afternoon. Im tired as hell and saw both corners of wa. state in 24 hours but im finally home. I got some goodies and hopefully can start dissasembly again on another section of my engine bay so i can finally fire this SOAB up. For now, catching up on hmwork actual updates will come tomorrow.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
finally some updates

been hibernating lately and finally got some work done, Went to centralia and it was a blast! hopefully video by end of week. Picked up some goodies from Nate :icon_bigg and some from Tom :evil2: , i have to admit taking a turbo off in the rain is definitely FTL. all in all it was worth the hard work and fever.

As for my car, its pretty much on the home stretch, i detoured from my original plan of having it ready to go this last weekend but its all for a good cause. im shooting for the end of this week or early next week to have her runnning :icon_razz

TODAY

uninstalled this stock CT and its a good thing i did, i just pulled on one of my coolant hoses and it cracked into 3 peices. :aigo:
zztv7.jpg

z2rp6.jpg

zsas0.jpg

After i got that off i took to installing the 57trim :icon_bigg w/ the following new items.
ztym0.jpg

ztzsx2.jpg

looks much better IMO

mocked up my intake to make sure i could actually get it in there before i made the support for it. Engine bay is 99% done just have to weld a flange onto the upper pipes and paint them and they are good to go!
zzzsf7.jpg

NEXT STOP INTERIOR!

~Luis