Injector clip questions...

Justin727

T-virus infected
Well I am very weary of hacking up my Brand new wiring harness to install my injectors clips...

I was wondering if anyone has made a jumper harness or another clip to connect the 2 together with out cutting the existing wiring harness.

all help will be very appreciated!
Thanks
Justin

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Justin727;1009626 said:
Well I am very weary of hacking up my Brand new wiring harness to install my injectors clips...

I was wondering if anyone has made a jumper harness or another clip to connect the 2 together with out cutting the existing wiring harness.

all help will be very appreciated!
Thanks
Justin

are the insides of plugs the same ? the metal male part.. can swap plugs then...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
someone here has, I just saw it in a build thread the other day...cant for the life of me remember who though. They had a new harness as well and a custom intake. All you would need is a the female side of the injector plug...:dunno:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Welcome. :) I post that link so very many times. LOL. I bet nearly half the posts I've made has that link in it!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sil;1009918 said:
Thats pretty neat, but for $107 I'll stick with my snip, solder and heat shrink.

When you have a BRAND NEW $600+ engine harness from the dealer, I'm not hacking ANYTHING on it.

Justin727

T-virus infected
so I suppose I would need this pluger here! i will order 6 of thems!
Connect_DensoM.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Poodles;1010477 said:
When you have a BRAND NEW $600+ engine harness from the dealer, I'm not hacking ANYTHING on it.

I would. :) I would likely splice, solder, heat shrink, then put a coat or two of brush on tape on the edges of the heat shrink.

After that, put some small wire loom over it, and you're done. Providing you do a good job, you've got nothing to worry about!

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Justin727;1010518 said:
so I suppose I would need this pluger here! i will order 6 of thems!
[thumb]http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/PartsJPEGs/Injectors/Connect_DensoM.jpg[/thumb]

Justin,

I bought a set of these to do my RC's. I felt the same way about my new harness. Worked out good. Great service from as well!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'll likely never sell my car, as I'll NEVER get what I've put into it. Besides, if done properly, I can imagine that a lot of people who don't like electrical work would jump all over it so they didn't have to do the work themselves. Of course, that's only if you parted the car. ;)

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
If someone wants the stock injector clips to make something out of them, let me know by shooting me a pm.

I don't consider myself electronically inclined, but I still did my injector clips, its just basic soldering. People just gotta take their time and do it right. But like Shaeff said, some people just feel more comfortable doing it this way.

Last edited:

Justin727

T-virus infected
well it's not that I can't make any wiring connections but I'd feel much better not molesting a brand new wiring harness at all. It's just as easy as making a jumper harness then it is to hack into the existing harness. Therefore if I would like to put the car back to stock specs I can and move the injectors and jumper harness to a new car!!!

Thanks bryan Ill order a set first thing monday I didnt get to it the other day!